Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another day with over 3.4k deaths, BA.2 variant rapidly increasing (3x) proportion of cases in a week and showing increased immune evasion to the point that our last major monoclonal (sotrovimab) is no longer effective, still no reliable supply of antivirals, daily infections higher than peak Delta wave... Perfect time to drop our guard and pretend things are normal. Even our school is breathing a sigh of relief and planning indoor all-school gatherings now that county test positivity has DECLINED to 30.2%. Mission accomplished.

Got my free kits from the USPS today.

1FE8FF36-68D0-4FF2-92C3-963E8F678FEA.jpeg

Another day with over 3.4k deaths, BA.2 variant rapidly increasing (3x) proportion of cases in a week and showing increased immune evasion to the point that our last major monoclonal (sotrovimab) is no longer effective, still no reliable supply of antivirals, daily infections higher than peak Delta wave... Perfect time to drop our guard and pretend things are normal. Even our school is breathing a sigh of relief and planning indoor all-school gatherings now that county test positivity has DECLINED to 30.2%. Mission accomplished.
100% of zero is zero:

not saying we should drop our guard but after two years of avoiding it, feels like almost everyone I know got covid and came out no worse than a mild flu. let's go, booster 🙌

if half the population got omicron with restrictions within a month, how much worse could it get? I'm not comfortable removing restrictions yet, but I don't foresee a doomsday scenario.

Last edited:
I mean who are we really kidding though? Half of the country already acts like the pandemic has been over for a while now.

Even if they do the bare minimum of wearing a mask in places they’re required they don’t even bother wearing them correctly, and if they don’t wear a mask at all 99% of stores won’t confront them because they (rightfully) don’t wanna deal with a potential crazy person and the nonsense that comes with it.

I can only foresee people becoming less and less compliant as time moves forward.

Last edited:
100% of zero is zero:

not saying we should drop our guard but after two years of avoiding it, feels like almost everyone I know got covid and came out no worse than a mild flu. let's go, booster 🙌

if half the population got omicron with restrictions within a month, how much worse could it get? I'm not comfortable removing restrictions yet, but I don't foresee a doomsday scenario.

Even if we were to maintain our current restrictions Sweden, England and some other countries have tossed or in the process of tossing out their restrictions and unless we bar them from coming, they will bring it here.

100% of zero is zero:

I don’t disagree with any of that (except “zero”). Just saying it all feels so rushed and premature like every single wave before, quickly followed by another wave that nobody could have predicted.

Last edited:

I mean, its gonna happen to some individuals. Rare, but happens. Thats the whole point of observing someone for 15 min after the shot.

That being said, went to 5 strip clubs in the past week. Felt like James Harden in this ****.

An autopsy report acquired by the Topeka Capital-Journal confirmed Evans died of "anaphylaxis due to COVID-19 vaccination." The 68-year-old reportedly had a history of hypertension, allergic disorder, environmental allergies, and reactive airway disease. She previously had an allergic reaction to Albuterol, a drug used to treat wheezing and shortness of breath, according to the autopsy report.

Lot of local news reporting it too. The thing with allergies and autoimmune disease is they tend to snowball on each other. This lady had them all apparently.

I mean, its gonna happen to some individuals. Rare, but happens. Thats the whole point of observing someone for 15 min after the shot.

That being said, went to 5 strip clubs in the past week. Felt like James Harden in this ****.
Which ones? My usual spots back in the day were Riviera and The Scene. Went to Gallaghers once and that place is wild.

I’m skeptical. People have terrible adherence to medications in general. Most can’t even complete a regular 6 tablet course of antibiotics. Paxlovid contains 30 tablets that you have to take in 5 days and the side effects suck.

Also I haven’t seen it prescribed one time yet.
I really don't understand this post

What does this have to do with what I said?

It has proven to be effective. It is in short supply

Even if some people don't take it, having more supply raises the chance it will be available to people who need it and will take all the pills can get it easily.

Which is a good thing

The medicine probably help save my uncle's life. It took his doctor's a while day to track it down for him. It should be easier, since people need to start taking it as early as possible.

I really don't understand this post

What does this have to do with what I said?

It has proven to be effective. It is in short supply

Even if some people don't take it, having more supply raises the chance it will be available to people who need it and will take all the pills can get it easily.

Which is a good thing

The medicine probably help save my uncle's life. It took his doctor's a while day to track it down for him. It should be easier, since people need to start taking it as early as possible.

:lol: not everything is about you specifically.

I’m simply commenting about the drug and it’s course of treatment. The results look great at first glance. I just don’t see it being something prescribed to the general public even if it’s widely available. Something like Tamiflu for a positive diagnosis of the flu for example.

Its been out for 2 months now and haven’t seen one patient on it. Neither prescribed during discharge or in the outpatient setting. Very specific criteria to be eligible it seems like, especially starting as early as possible. Hope it does work for your uncle. I checked and I can order it from our wholesaler if I want to.

Seems like these death counts would make it a good idea for it to be more accessible to the general public compared Tamiflu but who knows

Seems like these death counts would make it a good idea for it to be more accessible to the general public compared Tamiflu but who knows
Problem is that you have to have it prescribed right away, so those testing at home would need some logistical way to have it prescribed ASAP. Those testing via PCR might be too late if they wait a few days after symptom onset, then another few days before they get results back. Those showing up to hospital with severe disease would definitely be too late.

Back
Top Bottom