Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Blake P Blake P whywesteppin whywesteppin and others

whats your temperature read on the Denmark trends? and what that means potentially for the rest of us the next few months as policy changes begin to happen here in the states and other places

I caught a few tweets here and there about their current status but haven’t read into all of it as far as their boost rate, hospitalization and death rates go

This dude has been mayor for a little over two months and I’m already sick of him. He’s acting like remote work isn’t work. Not only is Remote Work work but it’s some of the best kind of work. It eliminates so many day-to-day work related problems. Mind you, the pandemic isn’t over and crime is up. The trains are disgusting and dangerous thanks to rampant homelessness. But he wants everyone back.

This dude has been mayor for a little over two months and I’m already sick of him. He’s acting like remote work isn’t work. Not only is Remote Work work but it’s some of the best kind of work. It eliminates so many day-to-day work related problems. Mind you, the pandemic isn’t over and crime is up. The trains are disgusting and dangerous thanks to rampant homelessness. But he wants everyone back.

He's just looking out for the restaurant, hospitality, and transportation industries.

Cities like NYC and Chicago rely a lot on tourism. Conferences, business trips, conventions, etc... are a great way to keep folks working as these activities fill up convention centers and hotels year-round, people not having the time to cook gives business to restaurants Mon-Fri in the morning/at lunchtime, and increased rates of travel keep cabbies/rideshare, airlines, and buses running outside of vacation season (not to mention the fuel consumed as a result of driving). Then you have highways and the money they generate.

WFH impacts all these revenue streams negatively, but boy oh boy is it good for an individual's wallet and peace of mind (from the time saved from commuting to the decrease in stress from not having to deal with morons on the road).

whats your temperature read on the Denmark trends? and what that means potentially for the rest of us the next few months as policy changes begin to happen here in the states and other places

I caught a few tweets here and there about their current status but haven’t read into all of it as far as their boost rate, hospitalization and death rates go
I haven't seen a clear consensus yet on what's happening.

Interpretation 1 is that it's bad, cases rose fast (unclear how much of this is the winter omicron surge vs how much lifting restrictions contributed) and deaths are also increasing.

Interpretation 2 is that, yes, there is a lot of spread of covid, but it's not causing serious illness because ICU numbers are low and many of the deaths are "with covid" rather than "from covid".

It's worth mentioning that their current peak is 10x their previous peak but deaths are about equal in the two waves. Yes, there will be a lag, but there's 29 people in the ICU while there were 130 in their past peak. ICU numbers were declining but went up sightly the past week. Is this a blip or the start of something bad? Hard to tell with a low number like that.

Personally I think it's a bit of both interpretations and it'll be a bit clearer in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

Same as whywesteppin whywesteppin I don’t have a good read on the situation but the trends certainly don’t look good as far as the potential for BA.2 infections after BA.1. I don’t see it happening elsewhere yet, but will take a closer look when I have time and let you know when I have a better assessment.

He's just looking out for the restaurant, hospitality, and transportation industries.

Cities like NYC and Chicago rely a lot on tourism. Conferences, business trips, conventions, etc... are a great way to keep folks working as these activities fill up convention centers and hotels year-round, people not having the time to cook gives business to restaurants Mon-Fri in the morning/at lunchtime, and increased rates of travel keep cabbies/rideshare, airlines, and buses running outside of vacation season (not to mention the fuel consumed as a result of driving). Then you have highways and the money they generate.

WFH impacts all these revenue streams negatively, but boy oh boy is it good for an individual's wallet and peace of mind (from the time saved from commuting to the decrease in stress from not having to deal with morons on the road).
I was just talking to the coffee man who said he ready to hang it up the money is so bad now. Only 28% of approx 1 million office workers with only 10% of that full time. Workers are damn near its own economy in the city.

That’s not really tourism though. Residents provide that steady income. Tourists are still going to go to Manhattan, they don’t live here. The city depends on its residents constantly going into Manhattan. What will keep tourists and residents out of Manhattan? Crime and homelessness which is what he really needs to address.

Here’s a very good explanation on the data, but I still haven’t gotten any good insight into the Danish population’s level of public protection - are masks still being worn, despite not being required? Vaccination rates are very high in Denmark, but that’s obviously only one layer of protection and not enough to combat viral spread.

fargin fargin is from Denmark, right? Maybe he can chime in.

Capture.PNG

Here’s a very good explanation on the data, but I still haven’t gotten any good insight into the Danish population’s level of public protection - are masks still being worn, despite not being required? Vaccination rates are very high in Denmark, but that’s obviously only one layer of protection and not enough to combat viral spread.

fargin fargin is from Denmark, right? Maybe he can chime in.

I'm managing my mental health, so I'm taking an arms distance approach to the current situation. It's also a little difficult to speak on it, because my private situation is regarding covid has been messy. The last two years have been trying and lonely. I'm in this weird situation to where Aarhus University Hospital's infectious disease clinic considers me a Long Covid case, but it's taken me nineteen months of being called a hypochondriac by everyone, even close family, because I have an avoidant personality disorder and my Covid symptoms manifested themselves so early, leaving NYC December 31th. 2019. I'm in a good place right now, but whenever I think of Covid-19, I can't help being reminded of the last two years of being abandoned by my family and the Danish health system. I've been treated as a reverse Covid-denier, as a Covid-hypochondriac. As I'm moving forward, I realize I have to lose some of the resentment, but it's heart-breaking to look back with 20/20 hindsight, realizing no one never took me seriously, before November 2021 when the Covid-clinic did.

I don't know, what to think yet. We know, there's a lag. We're highly vaxxed, small and privileged and now we're are being used as posterchild for and against easing restrictions.

I've seen Eric Feigl-Ding and SSI(Danish CDC) tweeting back and forth these last days, but I haven't dwelled into the tit for tats or looked at their interpretation of the graphs. There seems to be a discrepancy between how people interpret the Danish numbers. Danish SSI claim, that mortality rate is declining, but PCR positives are increasing.

I follow the Danish dailies with some concern(everything always concerns me). I worry about the lag and with widespread cases, I worry about an increased breading ground for mutation.

I see a few masks in public transportation and supermarkets, but life in Denmark is back to normal with no restrictions. In the last two weeks both my brother and sister's families, ten people, all have had Omicron. All but the youngest one vaccinated and everyone with mild or medium cases. My folks in their seventies have steered clear so far. I made a decision to stop wearing mask myself, but I'm in a unique situation. I'm an anxious, avoidant person, which means I always shop at odd hours in empty supermarkets and I don't have a very active social life. I Rainman my way down to my local coffeeshop and drink a coffee inside, if there's not a lot of customers. Otherwise I take it to go.

The Danish approach can be narrowed down to managing restrictions to protect ICU capacity, elderly and immunocompromised without tanking the economy.

And I think, we have succeeded... so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom