Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
99% sure it was the Walmart receiving clerk I interacted with the other day. She just HAD to tell me allllll about her trip to that shareholders meeting and what fun it was. Started busting out her phone and showing me pics. She got so close to me I could smell the cigarette smoke on her breath through my mask.

I saw the vids she showed me and said “y’all really didn’t wear masks the whole time? Partied with thousands and you think it’s cool to get this close to me before telling me that?”

She got all butt hurt but I wasn’t even slightly playing around. Walmart employees and people in general are scumbags.
Is this your first infection? What kind of mask were you wearing?

This is my first infection. 3 vaccine doses also. The 2 regular ones and the booster. #pfizergang.

I wear a single grey n95 mask like this
BE527680-2462-4C62-AA05-1BECC26F7402.png
But like I said, she got so close I could smell the stale cigarette smoke from her breath THROUGH my mask.

Informative podcast featuring epidemiologist Dr. Teresa Chapple that discusses outdoor transmission, among other things

We speak with epidemiologist Dr. Theresa Chapple about how seemingly everyone became convinced that you can't catch COVID outdoors, common misconceptions about the pandemic driven by an overwhelming focus on individual risk assessment, and lessons from her work in the field during the first two years of COVID.

TL;DR: Lower risk does not mean no risk. Outdoors is better than indoors, but there are risks with both depending on the circumstances. Healthy kids and young adults are at lower risk of severe disease and death, but they are still hospitalized and can die. Any mask is better than no mask, but not all masks are equal and it's optimal to wear a high quality snug-fitting respirator mask over your mouth and nose.

Last edited:
N95 or KN95?

The mask pictured resembles a KN95 because N95 do not have earloops. My biggest worry is that MOST masks that are sold as KN95 are fake, meaning they do not even meet the basic labeling requirements. If the manufacturer isn't even putting the correct stamp on the outside that would indicate it meets the requirements, how else are they cutting corners?

forget it this was posted but

Leonhardt and his morning column has gone the way of Monica Gandhi and Eric Feigl-Ding. lost the forest... topol and wachter have done a good job most of the time (although topol has had some lapses in his analysis but at least he's not off the cliff like the others).

Will have to read the whole NYT piece. A little confused since the substack didnt deny the title of the article wasn’t incorrect unless I misread it?

I think it was just that they didn't correct for age. The age-adjusted death rate is still not higher for white Americans.
Yes, when you analyze statistics like these you are supposed to adjust for risk factors and the biggest risk factor for COVID death is age. There are more elderly white people, so it would be misleading if you didn’t adjust for age as a risk factor.

Idk how to feel about this especially since I have an international trip in 2 weeks.
TBH, I can't believe it's taken them so long. SMH when I go somewhere that's pretending to have COVID protocols in place and they ask if you've traveled internationally in the last 2 weeks, as if that matters when there's so much virus circulating in the US. Be better off asking if you've dined indoors.

Idk how to feel about this especially since I have an international trip in 2 weeks.
it's the right move. It's minimally effective since there is so much local spread already.

It's a huge burden if you do test positive abroad, and I would think many people have found ways to cheat the test anyway. The only thing it's doing is getting random pharmacies in foreign countries an extra $30-200 per person.

edit: "Entering the United States by air requires a negative coronavirus test. Some people who can’t provide one are using a workaround: flying to Canada or Mexico, then entering via a land border."

Last edited:
This is the problem with current attitudes.

1654889890827.png

It was already hard enough to convince people to take precautions for a couple months when the fatality rate was 1 in 200. How are we going to convince people when it's more like 1 in 5000 and we're talking years, not months, of precautions?

That said, it's crazy that 400 people are dying every day still (this is higher than a year ago). True, this is with nearly every covid restriction lifted, so I take it as a positive sign that we may have turned the corner, but we're not out of the woods yet.

Can someone explain why they’re not recommending the 2nd booster for everyone yet? I can’t seem to get a clear answer on that.
The benefits of a second booster are not as clear for young healthy adults as the first. I’m in no hurry to get one based on the data I’ve seen so far. It’s the same “original recipe” based on the Wuhan strain, so it’s not like it’s really doing much to help protect you against new variants.

The benefits of a second booster are not as clear for young healthy adults as the first. I’m in no hurry to get one based on the data I’ve seen so far. It’s the same “original recipe” based on the Wuhan strain, so it’s not like it’s really doing much to help protect you against new variants.
Ah aight, makes sense. Appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom