Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
blake blake

200.gif

I'm coming up on 30 months.

Long Covid is difficult to diagnose and expresses itself in mysterious ways. Not all doctors deal well with the uncertainties and unknowns of LC, so my best advice is to arm yourself with some patience, but also to be a little more insistent, than I were. I had little effect from the neuro-clinic and the physiotherapist. I'm just living with some decrease in life quality and checking in on the medical advances now and then.

I'm good though. Life's a box of chocolate. :))

My googles actually did take me down this road. Calcium crystals in the inner ear canal that can become dislodged and affect the senses. Wild. Had no idea something like that existed. I was wondering if when I play playing with the kids that something got jarred, either those crystals, a nerve in my neck or a mild concussion.

Was one of the maneuvers called the Epley maneuver? You turn your head 45 degrees to one side then lay down with your shoulders on pillows and your head hanging off the edge and then your turn your head again? Then do the opposite side to determine which side was affected.
Yes that's one of many exercises. Although you can find them online I would still suggest going to see a PT to have it done because doing them the wrong way can make the crystal dislodging worse.
It really is unbelievable when you hear about it but it sounds like you have exactly what I had

So we had our child’s 9 month visit this morning. When the discussion of the Covid vax came up, the doctor , who the mother of my child has said many times how much she trusts him, that many parents are waiting and that getting the Covid vax for a little one is more so to help protect adults then it is to protect the child.

He then went on to say that his wife works in a pediatric unit and even at the peak of Covid, they saw very few children getting very sick from it. I know there are a few in here who said before they would do it, but that made me feel better about how ive viewed it.

getting the Covid vax for a little one is more so to help protect adults then it is to protect the child.
If the doc really said that, he is an idiot. Honestly doesn’t even make sense. The vaccine does not prevent transmission to adults. It reduces the risk of infection for the person who is vaccinated to a degree, but the biggest benefit is to give the child a safe exposure to the spike protein in order to train their immune system to recognize the virus and not overreact, resulting in MIS-C and the cascading inflammation and organ damage that can and does occur. More that 400 children under age 5 have died, over 40k have been hospitalized. The youngest children have some of the worst outcomes besides the elderly and immune compromised and any pediatrician who thinks otherwise is misinformed. Any doctor minimizing the risk and advocating against vaccination at this stage of the pandemic should have their license revoked. I realize you are scared and only want the best for your child, just like the well meaning parent of the hospitalized child from my kids’ school I posted last week who didn’t get her daughter vaccinated (the situation has gotten worse, BTW). I was nervous before getting my children vaccinated but I didn’t hesitate because I understand the benefits FAR outweigh the risk of waiting even one more day.

i hate putting on masks with head straps too but do you think the modification diminish the seal on your face?
Maybe a little, but it's definitely not any worse than using an adjustable KF94. I've seen people do it by snipping the headstraps and tying each side to one another, but this is much more comfortable and adjustable so you can tighten/loosen the mask depending on the circumstances. If you have sensitive ears and can't deal with snug earloops, then it might not work because leaving the earloops loose would defeat the purpose. The biggest downfall for most would be that you have to have extra earloops to use, either from old masks or masks you bought but didn't like. I have plenty of extra masks to take earloops from, so it's no problem for me.

Since I can’t stand N95 headstraps, I figured out how to modify the 3M Aura with adjustable earloops. Probably not worth the hassle for most people, but fellow mask nerds will understand. HMU if anyone is interested in doing the same.
D6607342-D4BA-473D-B09C-7BC58120827D.jpeg

I’ve been thinking of doing that - I got some N95s which are a really good fit, but they make my head go numb because the straps are a little too tight.

Heads up, for those of you who like 3M Aura 9205+ masks, Office Depot has them on sale right now for the best deal I've seen in packs of 20 for $24.99 ($1.25 per mask). If you want free shipping you have to order 2 boxes ($45 minimum), which is what I did. For reference, Home Depot sells a box of 20 for $37.97 ($1.90 per mask). I'll be modifying all 40 of mine with adjustable earloops like I showed yesterday and they'll be replacing LG Airwasher KF94's as my new all day everyday masks. I'll probably still use Airwashers for light duty low risk situations, but I'm not taking any chances with BA.5 circulating and more easily infecting lung tissue than prior Omicron variants. As the virus mutates to improve itself, we must adapt as well.

Blake P Blake P i have a bunch of used airwashers laying around. is that what you used to modify? can you pm the process? if it's not too hard, i'll try it out.

I used the earloops from Blue KF94's since I have a whole box of 100 sitting here unused, but Airwasher earloops would work well too since they're nice and long. I'll send you a PM.

Appreciate you posting the Office Depot deal Blake P Blake P , now to return the 2x 10 packs I bought a few days ago for $21.48 each. Ended up getting 3 boxes from HD. 🤙🏻

I just shot a quick video showing the process on one side. Let me know if you have any questions about the tools I used or any of the steps I took. I tried to show that on one side I didn't like how close the staple hole was to the edge, so I punched my own hole. It would probably be fine, but I like to be able to reuse my masks and not worry about an earloop breaking, so better safe than sorry.

I’d looked at these masks before but they were expensive and out of stock but for some reason they had black and blue on clearance.

I find some of the others too small and this comes in a variety of sizes and feels good - pretty comfortable to wear and they say that their filters are very effective. Reusable for 3-6 months which is great. It comes with a strap for behind your head which keeps it snug too.

Obviously it’s got a filter but this is to protect me now and if I’m on a whole plane full of unmasked people I don’t really care about breathing out through it. Think I’ll get a couple more while they’re cheap.

I’d looked at these masks before but they were expensive and out of stock but for some reason they had black and blue on clearance.

I find some of the others too small and this comes in a variety of sizes and feels good - pretty comfortable to wear and they say that their filters are very effective. Reusable for 3-6 months which is great. It comes with a strap for behind your head which keeps it snug too.

Obviously it’s got a filter but this is to protect me now and if I’m on a whole plane full of unmasked people I don’t really care about breathing out through it. Think I’ll get a couple more while they’re cheap.

I don’t believe the company’s claims at all. Any time Aaron Collins has tested reusable masks like those they never do well and degrade with every wash cycle. That external “filter” is only for show. They say it regulates co2, but co2 doesn’t build up in a truly breathable mask. I’m sorry, but a real respirator (n95, kn94, kf94, etc) is still the best protection you can buy and they aren’t even expensive anymore.

This is a child my kids go to school with who is currently in our local childrens hospital suffering from MIS-C. Her parents obviously love her and thought that they were making the best decision for her by NOT getting her vaccinated and NOT having her wear a mask as soon as the school mandate was removed. In fact, the mother was there on campus when some misinformed (by their parents) students staged a walkout over the mask mandate. The mother was cheering on students telling them they were doing the right thing and giving them snacks and blankets to keep their poor privileged skin from getting cold in the frigid 50 degree morning temps.

D9C7C649-E3BD-40F6-BF8F-CD715E47D7D1.jpeg

4EAF2B30-7186-47A1-A0D5-6A8424D93602.jpeg

3F536A5B-46FB-4B23-B50F-286F68C91AB2.jpeg

I pray this girl makes a full recovery, but let this be an example that kids DO in fact suffer long term damage to their vital organs and some die, but you can’t measure the disease severity by life and death alone. There are many common long term consequences caused by COVID, and very few incredibly rare side effects caused by the vaccines. As a parent, you would certainly not be alone in being vaccine hesitant thinking you are making the best choice for your child. Benjamin Franklin was right there with you, but unfortunately his choice came with a consequence he regretted for the rest of his life.
FYI, this little girl was finally released from the hospital after a 2 week battle against MIS-C. Hopefully she makes a full recovery, but chances are she will live with some permanent damage to her vital organs. Mild, my ***. Parents, please do your kids a favor and get them vaccinated and boosted to try and protect them against these mild outcomes. As cragmatic cragmatic said, "kids typically don’t have issues" until they do, and I can guarantee that it will come back to haunt you by allowing them to readily contract this virus many times over their young lives because you're more concerned with how a mask might traumatize them or what might happen in the distant future if they get vaccinated now.

Back
Top Bottom