Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Had a patient die at my job earlier this week.

Got admitted at the beginning of the month, spiked a fever the day after admission and started coughing up blood. It's our facility protocol to swab for COVID on admission and 72 hours after. Both swabs were negative.

When he wasn't improving his wife changed his advanced directives over from full treatment to comfort measures only. We discontinued all his meds besides morphine and stopped doing any labs or diagnostic testing on him because they weren't adding anything constructive to his care at that point.

His wife must've caught wind that she could get $9,000 for funeral assistance if his death was listed as being a result of COVID on his death certificate. The doctor put his cause of death as pneumonia, so she's been harassing us the past 48 hours and demanding the doctor change the cause of death to COVID, despite the fact that he tested negative twice.

She's threatening that she won't let her husband get cremated until the doctor changes the cause of death. I told her that we're not gonna help her commit fraud and she needs to take it up with the doctor. The doctor called me today to tell me about how this lady is calling him every hour still demanding that he change the cause of death despite there being evidence to the contrary.

Some people, man. :smh:

Had a patient die at my job earlier this week.

Got admitted at the beginning of the month, spiked a fever the day after admission and started coughing up blood. It's our facility protocol to swab for COVID on admission and 72 hours after. Both swabs were negative.

When he wasn't improving his wife changed his advanced directives over from full treatment to comfort measures only. We discontinued all his meds besides morphine and stopped doing any labs or diagnostic testing on him because they weren't adding anything constructive to his care at that point.

His wife must've caught wind that she could get $9,000 for funeral assistance if his death was listed as being a result of COVID on his death certificate. The doctor put his cause of death as pneumonia, so she's been harassing us the past 48 hours and demanding the doctor change the cause of death to COVID, despite the fact that he tested negative twice.

She's threatening that she won't let her husband get cremated until the doctor changes the cause of death. I told her that we're not gonna help her commit fraud and she needs to take it up with the doctor. The doctor called me today to tell me about how this lady is calling him every hour still demanding that he change the cause of death despite there being evidence to the contrary.

Some people, man. :smh:

Is it possible that he had COVID 1-2 weeks prior to admission and his death was due to secondary infection (pneumonia)?

Is it possible that he had COVID 1-2 weeks prior to admission and his death was due to secondary infection (pneumonia)?
Highly improbable. Patient's have to have a negative test before being admitted to our facility from the hospital. His tests at the hospital would've had to have been false negatives.

Even if that was the case, she has no leg to stand on. Even the doctor said his chest x-ray during his initial workup at our facility didn't present the way COVID typically does.

Highly improbable. Patient's have to have a negative test before being admitted to our facility from the hospital. His tests at the hospital would've had to have been false negatives.

Even if that was the case, she has no leg to stand on. Even the doctor said his chest x-ray during his initial workup at our facility didn't present the way COVID typically does.

Most people aren't hospitalized during the first week (viral phase), so couldn't he have technically cleared the virus prior to admission?

Most people aren't hospitalized during the first week (viral phase), so couldn't he have technically cleared the virus prior to admission?
The presentation doesn't really make sense considering the timeline, and his medical history pointed more towards aspiration pneumonia than COVID. History of stroke, end-stage dementia, failure to thrive, etc.

It's not like we're trying to go out of our way to screw this lady out of $9K, it's just that there's no evidence to justify changing the death certificate, yet she keeps persisting no matter what we tell her.

Current case numbers simply cannot be trusted with how few tests are being reported and how few states are reporting.
Do you know how hospitalization trends are looking?

Been trying to find updates on anything since I know this is a surge period

I hate to say it, but the same friends who were telling me two years ago that all the masking/social distancing/sanitizing would be detrimental on immune systems in the long run, are the same friends who are now reporting how horrible RSV is at the hospital they work at.

The local news is also reporting the children’s hospital here has more beds filled with RSV patients than it had Covid patients during ANY peak.

Hard to say, but it’s looking like a lot of the little ones being hospitalized with RSV more than likely didn’t have as strong of immune systems due to all the measures to keep them away from germs for two years.

On a different Covid topic, I’ve seen a few people talking about that “Died Suddenly” propoganda film, which a lot of the “deaths”‘have already been debunked.

The crazy thing is to me, I don’t know anyone nor do I know anyone who knows anyone who died after getting the vaccine. I do however know people who died from Covid. And it sure as hell wasn’t a “sudden” death. It was long and drawn out and painful. These people are so annoying.

I hate to say it, but the same friends who were telling me two years ago that all the masking/social distancing/sanitizing would be detrimental on immune systems in the long run, are the same friends who are now reporting how horrible RSV is at the hospital they work at.

The local news is also reporting the children’s hospital here has more beds filled with RSV patients than it had Covid patients during ANY peak.

Hard to say, but it’s looking like a lot of the little ones being hospitalized with RSV more than likely didn’t have as strong of immune systems due to all the measures to keep them away from germs for two years.

I think that’s a less likely mechanism than covid damaging their immune system.

You don’t build up a tolerance to this sort of thing by being exposed over the years. We’re not talking about hay fever - previously healthy kids being hospitalised for a respiratory virus is unusual.

I think that’s a less likely mechanism than covid damaging their immune system.

You don’t build up a tolerance to this sort of thing by being exposed over the years. We’re not talking about hay fever - previously healthy kids being hospitalised for a respiratory virus is unusual.

Valid points but at the same time, if kids are kept inside their houses and aren’t being exposed to viruses, wouldn’t this also impact the development of the immune system?

Maybe I’m wrong, and maybe I don’t have a good enough understanding of RSV.

Do you know how hospitalization trends are looking?

Been trying to find updates on anything since I know this is a surge period
Only that hospitalizations are increasing and pediatric hospitals are facing severe strain with RSV, flu, and COVID.

My son went through a pretty bad bout with RSV. We took him in because his cough was so terrible and lasted a very long time. Thankfully that didn't need to keep him at the hospital, but it was truly scary how bad and how much he was coughing. My kids actually went through a bit of a gauntlet this fall. Daughter started with an ear infection which manifested itself into pink eye, which got to my son, while he was dealing with RSV and a cold.

On the other side of all that now though, thankfully. Masked up while visiting grandma for thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Probably the most comprehensive list of reasons you don’t want to catch COVID, along with links to publications

Without reading through it…. At first glance, I have to take these with a grain of salt the same way I do articles that say the exact opposite.

Hell, the link you shared leads to a girl whose page is “ok Doomer” and calls out it being about doom scrolling.

We can’t live our lives afraid of Covid forever.

Without reading through it…. At first glance, I have to take these with a grain of salt the same way I do articles that say the exact opposite.

Hell, the link you shared leads to a girl whose page is “ok Doomer” and calls out it being about doom scrolling.

We can’t live our lives afraid of Covid forever.
More important are the peer reviewed publications that are linked. The bottom line is that COVID has not gotten milder and never will. It will be with us for the foreseeable future. The more times you are infected, the more at risk you are of severe outcomes. It can cause damage to any organ in your body, so even though you might only feel respiratory symptoms that is the tip of the iceberg because what it’s doing silently to your endothelial cells is far more dangerous to your overall health. You can take it with a grain of salt if you prefer, but playing devils advocate will do nothing to alter the sad reality that many people are choosing to ignore until it’s too late. Being “afraid of Covid forever” is much different than taking reasonable precautions to protect against a disease that has the potential to cause so much damage. People pretend it’s all or nothing when there is so much area in between.

More important are the peer reviewed publications that are linked. The bottom line is that COVID has not gotten milder and never will. It will be with us for the foreseeable future. The more times you are infected, the more at risk you are of severe outcomes. It can cause damage to any organ in your body, so even though you might only feel respiratory symptoms that is the tip of the iceberg because what it’s doing silently to your endothelial cells is far more dangerous to your overall health. You can take it with a grain of salt if you prefer, but playing devils advocate will do nothing to alter the sad reality that many people are choosing to ignore until it’s too late. Being “afraid of Covid forever” is much different than taking reasonable precautions against a disease that has the potential to cause so much damage.

There are also articles that cite sources saying the vaccine is a lot more dangerous than what we’ve been told. They cite doctors and researchers as well. I just feel like there are such extreme tacks on both sides that the truth has to be somewhere in the middle.

And again, coming from a page that is clearly promoting Doom scrolling…. And that’s exactly what it’s doing, doesn’t make me want to dig into the link you posted.

Back
Top Bottom