Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
un0j0y6hu2o41.jpg
full
Toilet Paper Tammy :smh:

Yikes. Italy is sitting at a 10% death rate right now.
They hit a daily case and daily death peak 3-4 days ago. Today’s numbers look very similar (but lower). 3-4 more days of continued stalling of growth and Italy may have officially seen the worst of it. Any time a day is lower than your all time high, it’s to be celebrated. I don’t see that enough in the media.
wow, so they are seeing a decline? Yikes. Scary.

Sure doesn't feel like they are seeing a decline. I thought i did a couple of days ago and then John Hopkins updated the numbers and was stunned at the increase

For my healthcare peeps facing shortage of vents, perhaps some physician at your facility already had this in mind or maybe your facility already knows about this, but is always a good thing to spread info...if your hospital is struggling to meet the demand of intubated patients, there is always this option as a last temporary resort, we are preparing to use this method, but hopefully won’t have to..

Pretty genius

My sister who is a RT said:

It won’t work. Each person’s lungs has different compliance and resistance. You try to open one person’s lung on this you can potentially pop another’s. You also can’t wean when they get better

While I disagree with it from a personal/ethical standpoint, it's an idea that will gain traction over time as business owners and employees get restless...

WHY FLATTENING THE CURVE IS OVERRATED
That link is literally the dumbest **** I've seen all day. The first point already got me to stop reading. "We're simply kicking the can down the road" was his argument against flattening the curve. The moron fails to realize flattening the curve is so too many don't show up to the hospital at the same time. The virus will persist but the more capacity and time we can buy hospitals the better. Gotta stop sharing such stupid "articles"

Bernie is a nice enough fella, but if he had it his way we would give everyone a first place trophy and eliminate any incentive to innovate and excel.
If you even take a second to look at Bernie's policy, you'd realize in every single other first world country he'd be slightly left of center. Unless you think the US is the only place in the world where innovation happens then you're ignorant to what he wants

That link is literally the dumbest **** I've seen all day. The first point already got me to stop reading. "We're simply kicking the can down the road" was his argument against flattening the curve. The moron fails to realize flattening the curve is so too many don't show up to the hospital at the same time. The virus will persist but the more capacity and time we can buy hospitals the better. Gotta stop sharing such stupid "articles"
This

I thought I was gonna be the only one that felt that way. :lol: :lol:

Once I saw this, I knew some BS was gonna follow...
Get the pitchforks out, light the torches, and come and get me…

what it does is encourage business to keep employees for up to 8 weeks (?) and give them incentives for doing do, and that's more important than the $1200 check.

Really gotta imagine mortgages/rent/bills are suspended for a period of time. But is that necessary if businesses are given funds to meet payroll and keep employees?

I see your point and hope businesses use the support to get people back workin ASAP. The reason I continue to bring up mandated temporary suspension of consumer debt until end of pandemic is that it’ll allow people to stack their chips up and have some breathing room for what’s to come after this pandemic ends.

It’s inevitable that our economy is headed into deep recession. Banks can provide temporary suspension and still make money off interest. I’m no economic expert, but the banks’ reluctance at this point appears to be so they can get their money ASAP and bank off this bear market. Maybe I’m wrong.

Also crazy to see some of the GOP’s strategy backfire as it seems some of their Senators are reluctant to pass now because of the proposed UI benefits.

I didn't share that link because I share the author's sentiments, but merely to show that there are more than just a few people who think we might eventually have to let things play out and it's not realistic to think we can all just sit home indefinitely and hope for the best.

I see your point and hope businesses use the support to get people back workin ASAP. The reason I continue to bring up mandated temporary suspension of consumer debt until end of pandemic is that it’ll allow people to stack their chips up and have some breathing room for what’s to come after this pandemic ends.

It’s inevitable that our economy is headed into deep recession. Banks can provide temporary suspension and still make money off interest. I’m no economic expert, but the banks’ reluctance at this point appears to be so they can get their money ASAP and bank off this bear market. Maybe I’m wrong.

Also crazy to see some of the GOP’s strategy backfire as it seems some of their Senators are reluctant to pass now because of the proposed UI benefits.
I'm absolutely in the same belief with suspending consumer debt immediately for a good period of time.

Back
Top Bottom