Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
FB_IMG_1585861968542.jpg
I saw a lady today in the store with a mask and gloves on scratching her eye. Smh

Masks and gloves are pretty hard to come by over here, so I just concluded, I'd have to spend too much time and effort acquiring stuff, that might even end up compromising myself. I see people all the time wearing gloves and acting way too cavalier.

Sunday I took a walk down to the harbor to my favorite coffee shop. People are queuing up two meters apart, but a little too many for my comfort. So I wait nearby, watching the line. A few minutes pass, the line clears and then a couple walks up to the serving window. Dude's wearing nylon knit working gloves, which makes me start second guessing myself. While I'm reconsidering my own glove strategy, I see him raise his closed fist to his mouth and just release a tiny, hardly noticeable "ahem" cough onto his hand. They order their coffees and while waiting for their order, they are checking out the IPAs and other micro-brews displaying in the serving window. Coughing dude is using his same hand to turn the bottles to check the labels. I don't know, if I have OCD, but I'm sitting there, watching him fondle all the beers, imagining all the viral particles and having a private OCD aneurysm. They get their coffee and leave. I know the barista, chill guy and he notice me across the way and nods.

Uh-oh... here comes another dude. He's carrying an empty IPA bottle and I think to myself: "Looks like the type, who recycles bottles." As he approaches the coffee shop, you can literally see his thinking process. He's catches himself, he hesitates, but then the barista interrupts his dilemma and says: "Want me to take that?" and hipster hands him the bottle. Both guys with bare hands. Dude leaves, barista quickly discards the bottle and continues touching the espresso machine and I'm like: "Hey buddy, I'll take that coffee another day" and he goes: "Cool" and I'm thinking: "Not cool, not cool at all."

Obviously I'm clearly overreacting, but that doesn't mean some people aren't also underreacting.

tl/dr I'm going places, mostly OCD places.

Tried to make my last little supply/food run today. Sams club had NO poultry or beef. None. Just fish. Hope to luck up on some tomorrow. Getting too crazy for even emergency runs.

Between the 2 stores I went to, the biggest surprise was NO eggs. Was able to find most everything else though.

So I was in a predominantly while neighborhood getting a slice of pizza. Stepped outside to eat and I heard people clapping and cheering. Looked at my phone. It was 7 pm.

Is this supposed to be a thing or just white people being white?

What are you

What yall doing for your mental health?
I'm struggling here man.. . stressed for my parents who are both high risk, terrified of losing my job.
I dabble quite a bit in anxiety. When I'm realize, I'm stressing out, I try to determine, whether the stress is reasonable for the situation or how to mitigate it. I would say, you worries seem appropriate for this time we're living in. The trick is to deal with the stressful situations, but also make sure, your mind isn't spinning and spinning, when you need to relax and recuperate. Keep up on the situation on the news, but take news breaks and distract yourself with silly B.S. I usually use walks as my preferred method of "meditation". I distract myself, walking though the neighborhood, looking at stuff and people. These days though, out and about is kind of stressful. But I have to get some wind in my face to think.

Summary: New York only has enough funds to cover unemployment for 10 weeks with the current increase of people needing checks. In 10 weeks (possibly less as people continue to get laid off) NYS will most likely have to borrow money from the US Government to be able to continue paying these benefits

Is it a good idea to get an oil change tomorrow?

I'm gonna say no
Service tech is gonna be inside your car touching everything
The outside and inside door handle,the steering wheel,the shifter,etc
There's no way i would have a stranger all up in my car right now

How badly do you need this oil change? No modern car needs one every 3k miles. You can stretch it out to 10k. If you do get it, spray off everything and change your clothes and don't touch your face or anything else until you shower.

How badly do you need this oil change? No modern car needs one every 3k miles. You can stretch it out to 10k. If you do get it, spray off everything and change your clothes and don't touch your face or anything else until you shower.
I usually get an oil change every 3 k miles. It’s been like 2,500 miles since my last oil change.

I'm gonna say no
Service tech is gonna be inside your car touching everything
The outside and inside door handle,the steering wheel,the shifter,etc
There's no way i would have a stranger all up in my car right now
True. Didn’t think about it this way. Thanks

So I was in a predominantly while neighborhood getting a slice of pizza. Stepped outside to eat and I heard people clapping and cheering. Looked at my phone. It was 7 pm.

Is this supposed to be a thing or just white people being white?
You out here getting clicked of pizza stay safe. Grab you a frozen pizza from the store and stay home.

Is it a good idea to get an oil change tomorrow?
damn I was thinking about getting an oil change too myself.

If Jiffy Lube is still open you can go to them. They change oil via underground pit instead of a lift. You just drive over the pit and they'll drain the oil & change the filter from under and refill the oil under the hood while you wait in your car. You don't have to get out and no one gets in.

Just don't let them up-sell you. They'll prolly do a quick under car & under hood inspection and will try to sell you something. Just tell them you're strapped for cash and you'll pass for now and just need the oil change.

just do it a one of those jiffy lube spots if you really need it where they don't even get in your whip and drive through type

If you have a garage and some tools you could even change it yourself
Buy the oil and filter at walmart
Those 5qt jugs of synthetic oil at walmart is cheap asf
I stocked up on black friday
Got Mobil 1 and pennzoil plat for $20 a jug
I live in an apartment no garage.

Back
Top Bottom