Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is where im currently located.

A virus stalks a county with one of the highest death rates in US: 'People are dropping like flies'

Louisiana’s St John the Baptist parish has the highest Covid-19 death rate of any county in America with a population of over 5,000

Hey cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 what’s it looking like in PV? You seeing anything out of the ordinary or are people still acting like they can’t get got b/c Mexico?

oh right, let me just...

[finally changes shirt]

Good evening cousins, Mexican crisis correspondent cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 here with views from the Pacific Coast.

[turns to camera 2]

The latest updates are stunning as the global crisis continues to descend upon our sunny city by the sea.

The first recognized deaths from COVID-19 in the city proper were confirmed just days ago. Two men, both of whom had jobs at the airport, lost their lives due in part to the lax social distancing policy observed here:

1586307639785.png

In a related story, a municipal shutdown has not only closed all non-essential businesses through April, but closed public access to all beaches in the country as well as other points of interest in the region.

The restriction guidelines, while necessary, have left us with jarring images fit for history books:

1586307893603.png
This decision, enacted just a week ago, has stirred up controversy among a typically entitled population.

1586308327725.png

Watch as these thugs at an illegal beach bar attack a fellow journalist in shocking footage obtained by CCNN:

(9:00 mark)

Due in part to this type of person, the pandemic is expected to arrive on our shores with devastating effect.

Retirees, many of whom have severe underlying health conditions, have flocked to the area in droves over the past decades, and have apparently resolved to stare inevitability in the face. Rumors abound of underground parties and informal speakeasies frequented by these vulnerable segments of the population.

As in locales north of the border, a truly avoidable tragedy is set to unfold...this reporter only hopes to avoid the worst effects of the impending disaster with common sense and this free bottle of tequila I had delivered to my home by a local bar because I sit around doing dumb **** like this and people dig it.

1586308210847.png

For Channel 9 and NT, this has been cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 ...stay safe, and wash your hands.

Last edited:
How are y'all dealing with your neighbors in times like this? It feels like half of mine got laid off and are having bbqs and bonfires during weeknights. I'm technically essential so work continues

Way too many folks using leaf blowers and chain saws. I can deal with this crap twice a week (typically on weekends). But this weekend everyday mentality is wrecking havoc with my well-being.

My mother, brother and sister all believe they have it. They're waiting for test results but by what they're telling me, their symptoms sounds like it. They're all in NY btw. My moms is 1 week into it. She has good days and bad days and my bro is about 5 days in.
Here's a text about how it feels to have it

Screenshot_20200407-220025.jpg

I always loved my fam for finding humor during rough times...even my mom tries to make light of it.
I was a bit stressed when I found out, but I know and hope they pull through.

oh right, let me just...

[finally changes shirt]

Good evening cousins, Mexican crisis correspondent cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 here with views from the Pacific Coast.

[turns to camera 2]

The latest updates are stunning as the global crisis continues to descend upon our sunny city by the sea.

The first confirmed deaths from COVID-19 in the city proper were confirmed just days ago. Two men, both of whom had jobs at the airport, lost their lives due in part to the lax social distancing policy observed here:

1586307639785.png

In a related story, a municipal shutdown has not only closed all non-essential businesses through April, but closed public access to all beaches in the country as well as other points of interest in the region.

The restriction guidelines, while necessary, have left us with jarring images fit for history books:

1586307893603.png
This decision, enacted just a week ago, has stirred up controversy among a typically entitled population.

1586308327725.png

Watch as these thugs at an illegal beach bar attack a fellow journalist in shocking footage obtained by CCNN:

(9:00 mark)

Due in part to this type of person, the pandemic is expected to arrive on our shores with devastating effect.

Retirees, many of whom have severe underlying health conditions, have flocked to the area in droves over the past decades, and have apparently resolved to stare inevitability in the face. Rumors abound of underground parties and informal speakeasies frequented by the vulnerable segments of the population.

As in locales north of the border, a truly avoidable tragedy is set to unfold...this reporter only hopes to avoid the worst effects of the impending disaster with common sense and this free bottle of tequila I had delivered to my home by a local bar because I sit around doing dumb **** like this and people dig it.

1586308210847.png

For Channel 9 and NT, this has been cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 ...stay safe, and wash your hands.

Thanks for the update. Sheesh.

So it sounds like a mid-June trip isn’t a great idea at this point. Things will inevitably look much worse there then due to the lax attitude towards this thing. From the looks of it though, it’s the snowbirds who are the problem? Didn’t see many locals in that video, which is great to see.

Of course old gringos are gonna old gringo and make it worse for the rest of us. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Stay safe!!!

How are y'all dealing with your neighbors in times like this? It feels like half of mine got laid off and are having bbqs and bonfires during weeknights. I'm technically essential so work continues

Way too many folks using leaf blowers and chain saws. I can deal with this crap twice a week (typically on weekends). But this weekend everyday mentality is wrecking havoc with my well-being.

I don't see an issue with people working on their homes with all this downtime. Its a good way to keep their sanity and temporarily tune out all the negativity thats going on.

You'd be doing the same if you were home.

Noticing about half the people in supermarkets in my area seem to be wearing face coverings of some sort. Really happy to see people taking it more serious.
Distancing is more vital. People are crazy out there with masks on thinking it's an invincibility cloke. It's a blessing and a curse.

Someone a few houses down the road decided it would be a great idea to bring out the chainsaw at 7:30 in the morning today but other than that it has been surprisingly calm. My neighbors are cool folks, it's the ones a few houses further that are not so great. One time my neighbors went on vacation and when they came back their driveway looked like a storm had ravaged it. It turned out the guy living next to them didn't just prune his side of the hedge between their properties, he decided to do it from my neighbors' driveway too but left all the branches, dirt, ... etc just lying there.

Better to wear one than not. No?
wear one and keep the distance. They work together. A mask and no distance is pointless. I see some with masks who feel they can get within that 6ft buffer or go to 10 different grocery storeS and not increase their exposure.

All these hospitality workers in full head to toe PPEs and they still can contract the virus. So stop acting crazy with one mask on.

reading this thread daily was wrecking havoc on my well being

reading this thread daily was wrecking havoc on my well being
Same. I'm down to 2-3 of the last new threads. Great progress in Italy and Spain is topping off. Haven't been following much but some local news.

I'm out here like Pacman trying to avoid these old people in masks. I'm glad in my area, the distancing thing is working. I think seeing masked people makes us inherently assume they're sick, and to stay away.

Back
Top Bottom