Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks for the update. Sheesh.

So it sounds like a mid-June trip isn’t a great idea at this point. Things will inevitably look much worse there then due to the lax attitude towards this thing. From the looks of it though, it’s the snowbirds who are the problem? Didn’t see many locals in that video, which is great to see.

Of course old gringos are gonna old gringo and make it worse for the rest of us. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Stay safe!!!

yeah, all fun and gimmicks aside, the two guys dying at the airport woke mfs up to the seriousness of the situation...they were only 30something and 40plus, but that might be one of the worst pandemic jobs.

virtually overnight after that, everybody popped up with a beautiful fabric mask.

sounds like you´ve been here before so you know the demos...sadly, those folks are gonna get brutally wrecked.

the snowbirds are def the issue, they wasted 40 years of their life in some office and saved up for retirement in a penny jar so goddamn it they are going to enjoy their time while they are here...most of the locals work in service (*sigh* I know, let´s skip it) so bars and restaurants closed means locals at home.

wouldn´t want to be the rich alien who pissed the whole town off right when people started to starve tho.

...on a personal note, I plan events and write tourism guides for the city...guess how business is? :lol:

i feel the same but I’m also constantly watching the news and twitter news as well. At the end of the day, it’s the same hopeless feeling everyday.

I understand wanting to be informed, just make sure you have some time to unwind and de-stress. Whether that be working out, taking a walk, meditation or reading a book.

Hope everyone is staying safe, and I hope the people in here that are sick or know someone who is sick have a speedy recovery :nthat:

No proof that's what actually happened tho. Social media can pretty much take any random picture and say what they want. Could be true, or could be bs for attention.

Edit: also strange how there's no follow up on what happened next. Did they separate? Get a ticket? Did it escalate? And if he heard all this about the $1,000 ticket, then why didn't he take a video. Why only one picture?

Last edited:
My neighbors are cool af. No problems, I live in the city anyways so it’s not quiet regardless.

shoutout to my next door neighbor who keeps the whole smelling loud. :lol:

The few times I have been out ppl were still up on each other. Pandemic or not why pippo don’t understand personal space. Never fails standing in line & purposefully moving up then the idiot behind you comes closer. Pisses me off. Mf’s love breathing right on your neck.
I think now is the acceptable time to tell folks 6 feet, no pressure.

I live in a small rural town so it’s always quiet. On the other hand, when someone brings out the early morning chainsaw it’s all you hear

oh right, let me just...

[finally changes shirt]

Good evening cousins, Mexican crisis correspondent cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 here with views from the Pacific Coast.

[turns to camera 2]

The latest updates are stunning as the global crisis continues to descend upon our sunny city by the sea.

The first confirmed deaths from COVID-19 in the city proper were confirmed just days ago. Two men, both of whom had jobs at the airport, lost their lives due in part to the lax social distancing policy observed here:

1586307639785.png

In a related story, a municipal shutdown has not only closed all non-essential businesses through April, but closed public access to all beaches in the country as well as other points of interest in the region.

The restriction guidelines, while necessary, have left us with jarring images fit for history books:

1586307893603.png
This decision, enacted just a week ago, has stirred up controversy among a typically entitled population.

1586308327725.png

Watch as these thugs at an illegal beach bar attack a fellow journalist in shocking footage obtained by CCNN:

(9:00 mark)

Due in part to this type of person, the pandemic is expected to arrive on our shores with devastating effect.

Retirees, many of whom have severe underlying health conditions, have flocked to the area in droves over the past decades, and have apparently resolved to stare inevitability in the face. Rumors abound of underground parties and informal speakeasies frequented by the vulnerable segments of the population.

As in locales north of the border, a truly avoidable tragedy is set to unfold...this reporter only hopes to avoid the worst effects of the impending disaster with common sense and this free bottle of tequila I had delivered to my home by a local bar because I sit around doing dumb **** like this and people dig it.

1586308210847.png

For Channel 9 and NT, this has been cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 ...stay safe, and wash your hands.

Made my blood boil. Typical colonizer mentality thinking they can go wherever they want whenever they want because their skin tone is a universal passport.

Gringo had the audacity to tell the reporter that she doesn't belong there.

These white folks really think they own the world huh.

Made my blood boil. Typical colonizer mentality thinking they can go wherever they want whenever they want because their skin tone is a universal passport.

Gringo had the audacity to tell the reporter that she doesn't belong there.

These white folks really think they own the world huh.

hoo boy, you have no idea...you think #they act up NOTB?

emblematic of my experience is the time some lady asked if she should be using pesos or ¨real money.¨

an entire worldview captured in one imprecise slip of the tongue.

I´ve seen mfs [snap snap] at waiters, people ask for ¨less Mexican¨ recommendations, all kinds of :wow: ****.

my favorite is when people REPEAT. WHAT. THEY. SAID. IN. ING. LISH. LOUD-ER AND SLOW-ER.

you gonna keep standing there entering the wrong password, my guy?

**** is funny to me...but lemme stop, I´m derailing this.

When I see my friends in the complex it feels so weird not to greet them like I normally do, dap or hug. it's like it's understood and there's a cushion between us and both of us know to keep distance. And the convos are always mad brief. :smh: idk when stuff will go back to normal.
Bit off-topic but are Americans accustomed to generally greeting women with the cheek kiss?

I understand wanting to be informed, just make sure you have some time to unwind and de-stress. Whether that be working out, taking a walk, meditation or reading a book.

Hope everyone is staying safe, and I hope the people in here that are sick or know someone who is sick have a speedy recovery :nthat:

I been working out and running daily. The gym was always my place to decompress and find me time. Definitely miss the gym for that. I think the hardest thing in all of this is that there is no timeline now for how long this will go on. It’s been a radical change that no one was ready for.

wear one and keep the distance. They work together. A mask and no distance is pointless. I see some with masks who feel they can get within that 6ft buffer or go to 10 different grocery storeS and not increase their exposure.

All these hospitality workers in full head to toe PPEs and they still can contract the virus. So stop acting crazy with one mask on.

yea, thankfully distancing as well, but if everyone wears a mask we’ll cut down the asymtomatic spreading

Nike Is Making Equipment For Healthcare Workers Treating Coronavirus Patients
Transforming materials used for its footwear and apparel.
BY VICTOR DENG
7 HOURS AGO

Nike

Image via Nike
Nike is continuing to do its part in combating coronavirus by announcing that it has begun manufacturing personal protective equipment for front line healthcare workers.
The Swoosh has worked closely with health professionals at the Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) to develop equipment that's made with materials generally used to create its sneakers and apparel on its full-face shields and powered, air-purifying respirator lenses.
“Without proper facial protection, healthcare workers are at a higher risk of contracting the virus, which could place substantial strain on the healthcare workforce in the months ahead,” says Miko Enomoto, M.D., associate professor of anesthesiology and perioperative medicine, OHSU School of Medicine. “The full-face shields help protect healthcare workers’ faces and also help to prolong the length we can safely use a surgical or N95 mask. Nike’s generous response to the COVID-19 crisis helps to instill an added layer of confidence and support for healthcare workers, that we can safely carry out the jobs we were born to do.”
The air-purifying respirator lenses and full-face shields will be provided to health systems in the region of Nike’s World Headquarters including Providence, Legacy Health Systems and Kaiser Permanente, and many others across the state of Oregon.
Previously, Nike has announced that its top executives have donated more than $15 million that's distributed into charities in Oregon.

Back
Top Bottom