Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
c6idyndgdnr41.jpg

Yeah anywhere from 4500$ to 6500$ a week for both RNs and RTs 4week contracts

RTs are in even more shortage than RNs
Yeah my boy's mom is a retired ER nurse and she was offered $5,500 a week to go to New York and work. And in San Diego where she lives they've offered her 4K a week to come back to service. Not sure if she's gonna do it as she's in her late 60s and was a lifetime smoker.

Not sure if posted but going to be VERY interested what segment of folks this applies to. Article mentions several professions but there are ones clearly left out (financial services, gas stations, etc).

Sign me up. I’m not frontline, but I’m kinda sorta right behind them.

Yeah my boy's mom is a retired ER nurse and she was offered $5,500 a week to go to New York and work. And in San Diego where she lives they've offered her 4K a week to come back to service. Not sure if she's gonna do it as she's in her late 60s and was a lifetime smoker.
Nah no way should she do it.

Are you guys wearing any mask whenever you guys go outside or are you guys all rocking specifically n95? I go to work (retail) and all I rock are the surgery masks. I wish I could come up on some n95s but I can’t find any. It’s definitely nice seeing customers and employees wearing a masks at work. It’s definitely appreciated.

If she’s in a decent place financially, she should pass on those opportunities.

Are you guys wearing any mask whenever you guys go outside or are you guys all rocking specifically n95? I go to work (retail) and all I rock are the surgery masks. I wish I could come up on some n95s but I can’t find any. It’s definitely nice seeing customers and employees wearing a masks at work. It’s definitely appreciated.
I’d personally prefer all frontline responders get all the masks they need and I’ll use a bandana and stay inside as much as possible until supply catches up.

But that’s for me who can work from home and doesn’t need to go out much.

idk if this guy or his videos have been posted, but he thinks we're treating this incorrectly and that's why survival rates after being on a respirator are so low. He thinks treating ARDS is not going to help.

edit: his comments were initially idiots talking about 5G, but now they actually seem helpful and inquisitive.

Last edited:
Hospitals are left with no choice bro, specially the smaller community ones, WHOS already small staffed depts are dealing with quarantined and sick full timers and part timers, you gotta keep in mind, places like mines from example, jumped from an average of 15 vents during a BUSY winter/spring to almost 60 vented patients, all while 30% of their full time, part time staff is quarantined....it really becomes all hands on deck at this point and you can just do your best to be a part of the team, until we try to get things back to normal.

I get it, but it literally takes 3-6+ months to train someone to be acclimated to ICU/CCU, and you still won’t know ish by the time you’re done. There’s definitely a huge need of course, but the laws and regulations don’t stop. These people are critically ill, one small mistake and that’s your license and your livelihood down the drain. It’s all about the team, until ish hits the fan, and then no one got your back. Seen it over and over again. These organizations in it for themselves, we just pawns to this game. Doubt you’ll see any admins with RN or MD,etc. behind their name taking pt’s on the floor though.

Last edited:
LA COUNTY REPORTS 620 NEW COVID-19 CASES AND 29 NEW DEATHS, TOTAL NOW 7530 AND 198 DEATHS - LATIMES

My city of Van Nuys (pop. 103,000) has now moved past 50 confirmed cases and there’s no telling how many infected have gone unreported/not tested. Time to hunker down and stay indoors. Good thing we went grocery shopping 2 days ago with enough food to last 1-1/2 weeks. Masks, gloves and glasses will stay on whenever outdoors.

Check your PM's. I'll do what I can.

I heard dudes who go to NY for temp work as a nurse are clearing around 20k a month.
that is wild
I think it's pretty fair.. People packing up their lives to go help others in time of need. going to ground zero where they got tons of cases, unfamiliar surroundings, New hospitals, co-workers, different equipment/machines, different medical record documentation, risking their lives. not an easy gig

now I hate Tyler Perry even more for making it both it harder to hate him and much less appropriate to do so.

fck
screw

forget that guy.

...and these nurses and frontline medical team members deserve whatever they get paid. 2x 5x whatever.

wouldn´t trade places with them for an extra 0 on the back.

idk if this guy or his videos have been posted, but he thinks we're treating this incorrectly and that's why survival rates after being on a respirator are so low. He thinks treating ARDS is not going to help.

edit: his comments were initially idiots talking about 5G, but now they actually seem helpful and inquisitive.

Thanks for posting. I'm starting to believe this may be the case. I read this on Medscape 3 days ago. We might be approaching mechanical ventilation totally wrong with Covid patients. Instead of forceful ventilation with high PEEP, we might instead be better off with gentle ventilation with low PEEP. Curious if any NTers who are respiratory therapists or physicians in the hospitals are experiencing the same thing.

COVID-19 Daily: Ventilator Protocols Questioned, Physician Rights

Alicia Gallegos

April 05, 2020

Editor's note: Find the latest COVID-19 news and guidance in Medscape's Coronavirus Resource Center.
Here are the coronavirus stories Medscape's editors around the globe think you need to know about today:
Does COVID-19 Require Different Ventilator Protocols?
As New York health officials race to secure ventilators, some physicians are starting to ask whether it's time to change the way this equipment is used in patients with COVID-19.

Cameron Kyle-Sidell, MD, a critical care physician working in New York City, has been sounding the alarm on Twitter, urging healthcare professionals to consider that COVID-19 acts less like typical acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and more like high-altitude pulmonary edema (HAPE). The bottom line, Kyle-Sidell said, is that the current use of ventilators may be causing lung injury in COVID-19 patients and that it may be time to consider lung-protective strategies that utilize lower pressure settings.
Kyle-Sidell is not the only one raising questions about the use of the ARDS paradigm in COVID-19 patients. In a letter to the editor published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine on March 30, Luciano Gattinoni, MD, of the Medical University of Göttingen in Germany, and colleagues noted that COVID-19 patients in intensive care units in northern Italy had an atypical ARDS presentation, namely well-preserved lung gas volume and severe hypoxemia. Gattinoni and colleagues suggest in the letter that instead of high positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP), physicians should consider the lowest possible PEEP and gentle ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom