Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Trying to imagine what a quarantine thanksgiving and christmas would be like. It was already weird that we didn't have a winter here in NY.

$15 can be used to make dinner for two adults that can last for 4 days. I got a coupon for a fast food place that says they have family dinner meals starting at $15. America needs to get back to preparing and eating wholesome meals at home instead of being dependent on fast and pre-processed foods that the last 70 years of prosperity has driven them to.

The stock market seems to have stabilized for the moment. It regained 5000+ points it initially lost when this whole thing started.

$15 can be used to make dinner for two adults that can last for 4 days. I got a coupon for a fast food place that says they have family dinner meals starting at $15. America needs to get back to preparing and eating wholesome meals at home instead of being dependent on fast and pre-processed foods that the last 70 years of prosperity has driven them to.

The stock market seems to have stabilized for the moment. It regained 5000+ points it initially lost when this whole thing started.

$15 for 4 dinners? what are you making?

Yea I heard, I’ll take all the money I can get. Makes up for missing work at this point smh
I feel you man. Get every dollar. Plus the stimulus is coming, so it's helping a lot of people, even if just temporarily, every cent counts. Government should help it's citizens with bailouts the same way they help the conglomerates and banks.

$15 for 4 dinners? what are you making?

A 10lb bag of brown rice is $9 and has 20 cups. 3 cups dry rice makes around 10 cups of cooked rice that last 4 days. Cost = .45cents a cup = $1.80

1 pack of raw chicken drum sticks, about 12 drum sticks. Cost: $7

Lentils, split peas or dry beans of any kind. Cost: $1 for a 1lb bag containing 6 cups or about .17cents per cup. 2 cups = round up to .40cents

2 cucumbers ($1.50) and 2 sliced up tomatoes ($2). Cost: 4 days of side salad = $3.50

Spices - salt, pepper, curry, adobo, onions, garlic, green onions, whatever you like. Cost: probably around $1 but let's say $2 just in case.

Entire meal - 2 adults eating dinner every day for 4 days:
$1.80 - rice
$7.00 - chicken
$0.40 - beans
$3.50 - salad
$2.00 - spices
==================
$14.80

Last edited:
its not fair that folks who are already working there are earning less for the same risk

I hear you, but shouldn't there be an incentive for healthcare providers to stop their lives, leave their families, pack everything immediately and go help ya'll in the lions den? The high pay I'm seeing is working 6-7 days straight 12hour shifts. Imagine your normal 40hour/week job, then double it. That's how much they're working. Supply and demand. It's high pay there cause a specialty skill is needed and already high in demand everywhere.. crisis pay. The workers there should be talking with their management about hazard pay and compensation

1586404515635.jpeg

A 10lb bag of brown rice is $9 and has 20 cups. 3 cups dry rice makes around 10 cups of cooked rice that last 4 days. Cost = .45cents a cup = $1.80

1 pack of raw chicken drum sticks, about 12 drum sticks. Cost: $7

Lentils, split peas or dry beans of any kind. Cost: $1 for a 1lb bag containing 6 cups or about .17cents per cup. 2 cups = round up to .40cents

2 cucumbers ($1.50) and 2 sliced up tomatoes ($2). Cost: 4 days of side salad = $3.50

Spices - salt, pepper, curry, adobo, onions, garlic, green onions, whatever you like. Cost: probably around $1 but let's say $2 just in case.

Entire meal - 2 adults eating dinner every day for 4 days:
$1.80 - rice
$7.00 - chicken
$0.40 - beans
$3.50 - salad
$2.00 - spices
==================
$14.80

buying a whole chicken and deboning it yourself will probably save even more

Back
Top Bottom