Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mma still going on plus we got professional drivers doing virtual races. ufc don't give a damn if their fighters get corona or die.

UFC International on a private island.
Sounds familiar.
Dana White thinking outside the box.
Also overshadows his sex tape extortion news.

NeglectedNauticalBluetonguelizard-size_restricted.gif

all of these rollies are fully deserved, now THAT is sports hate.

A 10lb bag of brown rice is $9 and has 20 cups. 3 cups dry rice makes around 10 cups of cooked rice that last 4 days. Cost = .45cents a cup = $1.80

1 pack of raw chicken drum sticks, about 12 drum sticks. Cost: $7

Lentils, split peas or dry beans of any kind. Cost: $1 for a 1lb bag containing 6 cups or about .17cents per cup. 2 cups = round up to .40cents

2 cucumbers ($1.50) and 2 sliced up tomatoes ($2). Cost: 4 days of side salad = $3.50

Spices - salt, pepper, curry, adobo, onions, garlic, green onions, whatever you like. Cost: probably around $1 but let's say $2 just in case.

Entire meal - 2 adults eating dinner every day for 4 days:
$1.80 - rice
$7.00 - chicken
$0.40 - beans
$3.50 - salad
$2.00 - spices
==================
$14.80

Mark Cuban Take Notes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

nah but seriously, a lifetime of practice being broke is about to come in SUPER handy.

I fear that if the US govt instituted this, and they controlled the creation of the test, they could backend ways to eliminate swaths of the population from interacting with others. A forced segregation.

tinfoilhat

A 10lb bag of brown rice is $9 and has 20 cups. 3 cups dry rice makes around 10 cups of cooked rice that last 4 days. Cost = .45cents a cup = $1.80

1 pack of raw chicken drum sticks, about 12 drum sticks. Cost: $7

Lentils, split peas or dry beans of any kind. Cost: $1 for a 1lb bag containing 6 cups or about .17cents per cup. 2 cups = round up to .40cents

2 cucumbers ($1.50) and 2 sliced up tomatoes ($2). Cost: 4 days of side salad = $3.50

Spices - salt, pepper, curry, adobo, onions, garlic, green onions, whatever you like. Cost: probably around $1 but let's say $2 just in case.

Entire meal - 2 adults eating dinner every day for 4 days:
$1.80 - rice
$7.00 - chicken
$0.40 - beans
$3.50 - salad
$2.00 - spices
==================
$14.80

all of these rollies are fully deserved, now THAT is sports hate.

Mark Cuban Take Notes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

nah but seriously, a lifetime of practice being broke is about to come in SUPER handy.

Asian supermarkets ran out of big packages of white rice sooner than most past month. Not really news. Now the funny scene was at Sam’s Club. Fresh new pallet. Everyone grabbing at least two bags (middle aged Asian couple with seven. God knows why). Even nonAsians.
Now don’t get it twisted but all I was thinking:
-good luck finishing all that in the next year.
-do these suburban types know that the stuff is not Minute Rice or Uncle Ben’s. Actually have to wash, clean and cook the rice. Serious.

I fear that if the US govt instituted this, and they controlled the creation of the test, they could backend ways to eliminate swaths of the population from interacting with others. A forced segregation.

tinfoilhat

I am generally not Team Tinfoil but as a PoliSci dropout I spent at least 10k of the US government´s money to be able to tell you with the utmost confidence that crisis conditions are a prime environment for overreach.

I guess one could have also learned that lesson for free about 19 years ago.

honestly, get ready to make a functional filtration mask, organize friends, and reclaim your lifestyle if required.

this article speaks on it too. can't remember where i saw it posted (don't think it was this thread).

Honestly this study makes a lot of sense and if the physicians at my hospital haven’t read it or looked into alternative treatments, I’m gonna show them this....truth is before Covid we would do bipap or High flow therapy, after Covid if a non rebreather 100% o2 mask couldn’t help their oxygenation we Dove straight to intubation because when we first were treating this, we felt once patients crossed a certain threshold and could no longer maintain a sat above 90% it was curtains from there on and we were just delaying the inevitable intubation, however now from my own personal experience, since we intubated our first Covid patients, none have been able to be weaned, like not even close, they’ve been on weeks of high levels of o2 which is toxic and high levels of PEEP (pressure) which messes with cardiac output and often times results in pneumothoraxes which to no surprise those patients we’ve managed to keep alive for 2 weeks + alllll have multiple of, in short....the current protocol of quick intubation I agree, hasn’t helped much if anything at all.....I believe there is a liability issue at hand with hospitals, no doctor wants to be held accountable for letting a patient code and die because they DIDNT intubate when they should and the idea that if a ventilator which has multiple modes of ventilation support can’t help a patient, how can we put our trust behind a noninvasive mode like Bipap...which is completely driven by patients effort and which in no way can compare to the types of pressures a ventilator can deliver at an alveolar level.....

eitherway, we at the end of a rope, patients on ventilators are not coming off, at least the vast majority aint,we just buy them time till their lungs get so full of junk and stiff that no matter what we do they can’t oxygenate and literally watch them go into full organ failure right in front of us, now is a matter of institutions and doctors taking the risk of NOT tubing these patients and Letting them fight for their lives on their own, while they are still conscious....is gonna be a hard plan to push when liability is at stake and medical liscences on the line.

Honestly this study makes a lot of sense and if the physicians at my hospital haven’t read it or looked into alternative treatments, I’m gonna show them this....truth is before Covid we would do bipap or High flow therapy, after Covid if a non rebreather 100% o2 mask couldn’t help their oxygenation we Dove straight to intubation because when we first were treating this, we felt once patients crossed a certain threshold and could no longer maintain a sat above 90% it was curtains from there on and we were just delaying the inevitable intubation, however now from my own personal experience, since we intubated our first Covid patients, none have been able to be weaned, like not even close, they’ve been on weeks of high levels of o2 which is toxic and high levels of PEEP (pressure) which messes with cardiac output and often times results in pneumothoraxes which to no surprise those patients we’ve managed to keep alive for 2 weeks + alllll have multiple of, in short....the current protocol of quick intubation I agree, hasn’t helped much if anything at all.....I believe there is a liability issue at hand with hospitals, no doctor wants to be held accountable for letting a patient code and die because they DIDNT intubate when they should and the idea that if a ventilator which has multiple modes of ventilation support can’t help a patient, how can we put our trust behind a noninvasive mode like Bipap...which is completely driven by patients effort and which in no way can compare to the types of pressures a ventilator can deliver at an alveolar level.....

eitherway, we at the end of a rope, patients on ventilators are not coming off, at least the vast majority aint,we just buy them time till their lungs get so full of junk and stiff that no matter what we do they can’t oxygenate and literally watch them go into full organ failure right in front of us, now is a matter of institutions and doctors taking the risk of NOT tubing these patients and Letting them fight for their lives on their own, while they are still conscious....is gonna be a hard plan to push when liability is at stake and medical liscences on the line.
Admittedly I’m not well versed in medical jargon, but I hear Dr Campbell advocating for CPAP (continuous positive air pressure?) use instead of ventilators because it’s less invasive and patients don’t need to be sedated, but I don’t hear any medical professionals here mentioning it. Thoughts?

I wonder to what extent this disease can have lasting effects on recovered patients. There was a report from Hong Kong in mid-late March that claimed a small number of recovered patients displayed lasting damage, including a 20-30% loss in lung capacity. I haven’t really seen any follow-up on that.

Admittedly I’m not well versed in medical jargon, but I hear Dr Campbell advocating for CPAP (continuous positive air pressure?) use instead of ventilators because it’s less invasive and patients don’t need to be sedated, but I don’t hear any medical professionals here mentioning it. Thoughts?

CPAP is mostly used for Sleep Apnea, we tend to use BIPAP which is similar and in hospital settings delivered with the same machine, this mode sets two pressures one on inhalation and one on exhalation, the idea is that this syncs with your breathing to help you VENTILATE, maybe that’s the reason why BIPAP also hasn’t been the Go-To therapy, Covid patients typically don’t show issues ventilating, with them is a strictly oxygenation issue, their Blood glasses tend to be normal initially except the PaO2 levels are absolute ****....after prolonged periods of low o2 in the blood they then begin to have problems ventilating (gas exchange) and that’s when their blood gases get really ugly, their Ph levels get thrown out of wack and now we enter the realm of possible organ failure....so I guess the idea has always been, get ahead of this mess, we can’t oxygenate them with noninvasive measures, let’s knock them out, intubate them and then go from there, at least this way they are initially not suffering of prolonged hypoxia and is easier for us to map out a course of action with drugs and ventilatory modes which will bring their o2 levels to something acceptable. Problem with this is, that intubate for not, we are not able to stop the progression of the virus, certainly not with a ventilator, so as they are tubed, they just continue to get worst, their xrays get worst, then like it was noted, long term intubation presents its own complications as well as long term sedation, which they are all on.

I wonder to what extent this disease can have lasting effects on recovered patients. There was a report from Hong Kong in mid-late March that claimed a small number of recovered patients displayed lasting damage, including a 20-30% loss in lung capacity. I haven’t really seen any follow-up on that.

I don’t doubt it, these people are gonna have a significant amount of scar tissue...

Is pneumonia in general known to reduce long term lung capacity? Had it 4 years ago and dont feel like I lost any. Can still rip the bong lol.

Is pneumonia in general known to reduce long term lung capacity? Had it 4 years ago and dont feel like I lost any. Can still rip the bong lol.

no, pneumonia wouldn’t cause you to develop scar tissue....Covid ISNT a pneumonia, this thing literally destroys the lung at an alveolar level....the more severe, the more scarring there will be, these long term ventilated patients, IF they pull through, they will never breath the same....

this for sure. follow the guidelines or get sued/fired.

Man what is up with this weather
The other day it was almost 80 degrees and today it might snow(frozen mix)

Back
Top Bottom