Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Just like most people, I love sports, but at this moment they're the lowest priority in life for me. All I want to do is be able to be with the people I care about again. The people pushing for sports to reopen ASAP are just going to make that harder :stoneface:

I don't know how many times I have to use this example, but tens of thousands of people traveling all over Southern Europe for soccer games in March is a huge reason why Italy, Spain, and France are continuing to suffer right now. Even when PSG closed off their stadium to fans for the PSG-Dortmund match, 60K Parisiens gathered outside of the stadium anyway. Look at the state of Paris/France now.

Is that really what you want? You want that to happen just so you can get another 2-3 hours of entertainment every weekend? Please find something better to do other than using sports as your life's purpose

Last edited:
Yeah

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.48.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.50.09 PM.png

Bruh.

The CCP is shooting themselves in the foot by going hard on foreigners right now. Makes the local population complacent and only suspect of foreigners who have likely been there through the whole crisis just as the locals have. Seeing that definitely leads one to believe there will be another outbreak.

Compounding the horror, doctors have now raised a grim possibility: that Atalanta's nights of European glory might directly have contributed to the virus's spread. The first leg of that tie against Valencia took place at San Siro, in Milan. Atalanta played all of their Champions League home games at the venue this season, allowing for attendances more than twice as large as would have been possible at their own Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia.

Roughly 40,000 fans made the 35-mile journey from Bergamo to Milan for the Valencia game. Kids were taken out of school, with parents' mischievous notes to teachers explaining that their offspring needed to participate in a "cultural-historical" moment making international headlines. Just to play in such a game, for a club of Atalanta's means, was already a cause for celebration.

Fabiano di Marco, chief pneumologist at Bergamo's largest hospital, fears it was also the start of catastrophe.

"I have heard a lot [of theories for why the virus has spread so aggressively in the region], I'll say mine," Di Marco told the newspaper Corriere della Sera. "On Feb. 19, 40,000 Bergamaschi [people from Bergamo] went to San Siro for Atalanta-Valencia. In buses, cars, on trains. A biological bomb, unfortunately.

"I think it's all down to that first game against Valencia," said Alejandro "Papu" Gomez, Atalanta's captain and charismatic forward, in an interview with the Argentinian newspaper Olé, recalling how it had taken his wife three hours to make what is normally a 40-minute trip to San Siro on account of the vast numbers of traveling fans. He was frustrated by the lack of health checks made ahead of the second leg, at a point in time when more countries were aware of the risks. Although that game took place behind closed doors at the Mestalla, roughly 2,000 Valencia fans still gathered outside before kickoff to welcome their team.

(One night later, Liverpool would host Atlético Madrid before a full-house of 52,000 fans at Anfield. More than 3,000 had travelled from Spain. The decision to allow spectators into the ground drew criticism at the time but appears even more questionable in light of what has happened since.)

Play sports in empty arenas/stadiums, only essential services there. All Players/essential services tested.

Bruh.

The CCP is shooting themselves in the foot by going hard on foreigners right now. Makes the local population complacent and only suspect of foreigners who have likely been there through the whole crisis just as the locals have. Seeing that definitely leads one to believe there will be another outbreak.

Oh definitely. They keep pushing the idea of "the only new cases are imported cases" and blaming foreigners, which makes no sense since damn near no one on earth is traveling to China right now other than Chinese people themselves.

I do believe the HK side though; I can totally see infected Europeans coming back to HK and acting a fool in Lan Kwai Fong as usual

Hong Kong and Taiwan are bracing for new waves of outbreaks for the very reason you listed

Concerns around whether China is relaxing its coronavirus restrictions too soon have led Hong Kong experts and authorities to warn of the possibility of a "third wave" of infections in the city.
Speaking to local journalists Sunday, Hong Kong epidemiologist Yuen Kwok-yung said that there could be a "new wave" of cases in mainland China, off the back of imported infections from Europe and the US.

"So in Hong Kong, we might have a third wave of cases coming from the mainland after a second wave ...The epidemic is still serious in the society. At this stage, it is still not optimistic. What worries me the most is inadequate testing on patients with mild symptoms, which prevents us from cutting off the chain of transmission," he said.

The global financial hub is still trying to contain a second wave of imported cases after returning citizens and expatriates from Europe and the United Kingdom led to a new outbreak in late March.
In just under two weeks, the number of local infections has risen from 317 to almost 900.

Last edited:

Data on 53 Patients Treated With Investigational Antiviral Remdesivir Through the Compassionate Use Program Published in New England Journal of Medicine
-- Remdesivir treatment resulted in clinical improvement in 68 percent of patients in this limited data set --

*not too impressive

Oh definitely. They keep pushing the idea of "the only new cases are imported cases" and blaming foreigners, which makes no sense since damn near no one on earth is traveling to China right now other than Chinese people themselves.

Hong Kong and Taiwan are bracing for new waves of outbreaks for the very reason you listed

Concerns around whether China is relaxing its coronavirus restrictions too soon have led Hong Kong experts and authorities to warn of the possibility of a "third wave" of infections in the city.
Speaking to local journalists Sunday, Hong Kong epidemiologist Yuen Kwok-yung said that there could be a "new wave" of cases in mainland China, off the back of imported infections from Europe and the US.

"So in Hong Kong, we might have a third wave of cases coming from the mainland after a second wave ...The epidemic is still serious in the society. At this stage, it is still not optimistic. What worries me the most is inadequate testing on patients with mild symptoms, which prevents us from cutting off the chain of transmission," he said.

The global financial hub is still trying to contain a second wave of imported cases after returning citizens and expatriates from Europe and the United Kingdom led to a new outbreak in late March.
In just under two weeks, the number of local infections has risen from 317 to almost 900.

Meanwhile look at the air traffic comparison between Europe and the US

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 4.42.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 4.43.16 PM.png

Is this true? (Both parts, abt the professor and the steam) Pardon my ignorance if it isnt just want to know, havent seen anything news wise on this

BDC14F26-939C-4D0F-A989-D67C4FE4F560.jpeg

Damn i feel like most if not all stay at home order states are gonna extend it to at least may 30th...
I don't see stores opening up till at least sometime in june

Data on 53 Patients Treated With Investigational Antiviral Remdesivir Through the Compassionate Use Program Published in New England Journal of Medicine
-- Remdesivir treatment resulted in clinical improvement in 68 percent of patients in this limited data set --

*not too impressive
The hydroxychloroquine trial posted earlier sounded much more promising, even though many would rather argue it doesn’t work so prez looks bad. Time to put politics aside and work together!

Back
Top Bottom