Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Any idea how they are getting people to take tests? This is the part I haven't understood, but nobody seems to answer. Unless governments make it mandatory or offer incentives to test (often), I don't understand why asymptomatics would bother to seek out tests. There is a CVS right down the street from my house where they're doing drive through testing by appointment and there's always a dozen or so cars lined up during peak hours, but I have no desire to be tested when I feel completely fine and I know I'm not alone. Of course, if I got a fever, lost my sense of smell, or developed a cough I would likely go, but why else would I take time out of my day to be tested? My county has said their goal is to test 1,500 per day to be in line with Newsom's requirements, but only ~1k per day are actively seeking tests and they have excess capacity. But ~100 positives out of the ~1k tests means ~900 people are testing negative and I can't understand who these people are. Hypochondriacs? Medical workers who are required to be tested regularly? Bored people who have nothing better to do?
A lot of companies require testing of their employees, something like once a month. There's also contact tracing, so if one person gets a positive result, then everybody in that office or whatever has to get a test (and maybe a follow-up or two).

Also, lots of doctors and dentists require patients to get a test before they're allowed to get a procedure.

A lot of companies require testing of their employees, something like once a month. There's also contact tracing, so if one person gets a positive result, then everybody in that office or whatever has to get a test (and maybe a follow-up or two).

Also, lots of doctors and dentists require patients to get a test before they're allowed to get a procedure.
The contact tracing is what I'm seeing around here.
Example
Bob tested positive. He worked closely with Sam and Sarah and five others days before his test. All 7 will need to get to get tested. And If they're positive, the book opens some more.

For other companies, I’m seeing them test hundreds, or thousands. Many prisons they are finding are 90% infected, with 96% asymptomatic.

whywesteppin whywesteppin wallyhopp wallyhopp All that makes perfect sense. Thanks for clarifying!
I have a co-worker whose niece had contact with a COVID case and the niece is getting tested today. Since my co-worker had contact with her niece, she's waiting to see if the niece tests positive and if so, she's planning to get tested as well, but if the niece tests negative then she's not. Makes perfect sense to me, but at the same time if my co-worker IS positive this whole time, she's potentially infecting the rest of us in the office. Another close call is my brother in law has an employee who tested positive over the weekend and he spent father's day with my dad and brother (I opted not to attend), but I've had limited contact with my dad and brother this week. Bottom line, any of us who aren't keeping completely isolated are coming in contact with the virus and have to do everything in our power to protect ourselves and our loved ones. Stay safe, fellas!

The contact tracing is what I'm seeing around here.
Example
Bob tested positive. He worked closely with Sam and Sarah and five others days before his test. All 7 will need to get to get tested. And If they're positive, the book opens some more.

For other companies, I’m seeing them test hundreds, or thousands. Many prisons they are finding are 90% infected, with 96% asymptomatic.

What if Sam gave it to Bob? He was asymptomatic at the time, and doesn't have current infection, but has antibodies.

Should do the antibody test with the Covid-19+ test. Otherwise Sam will go on leave 14+days test his family/friends and will have ripple effect on them/other people/businesses etc. Spend a little more $ to save a LOT more $.

the GOP man
dead.png

This is not going well. Who knew.

This resource is good for quickly looking at how each state is doing. The Rt is an estimate of the current rate of spread of the virus. <1 is good. >1 is bad. 2 months ago, 45 states were <1. Today, 32 are >1.

I see airlines are sanitizing passengers after arriving at destinations before allowing them to get off the plane. Plane looking like a nightclub with a new fog machine :rofl:

I see airlines are sanitizing passengers after arriving at destinations before allowing them to get off the plane. Plane looking like a nightclub with a new fog machine :rofl:
Les go bowling in the sky.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

Remember when the idiot set the bar for success at 200K...

You guys need to brace for impact, because Captain Moron is aiming for every fricking iceberg in the sea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom