Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dengue fever been around for a while in the tropics. I growing up in the Caribbean in the 90s, it was a big problem. That joint nearly took a few of my cousins. One of my neighbors kids died from it. That joint makes you feel like you are sore from two-a-day football practices, then they threw you into an oven. You really feel like you are dying.

Chikungunya is another one. You legit feel like you were just in a car crash, and the feeling last for weeks even months.

Mosquito are a ****ing plague.

Had dengue when I lived in Thailand, **** sucked. It was much worse than when I had bacterial pneumonia living over there.

this might be a dumb question but imma ask it anyways...i already know the kids missed several months of school but does missing say another year make a significant difference down the road? i'm only wondering from a purely education standpoint.

Why bother getting tested if he is just going to keep working and go around people anyways. Smh.
this is a failure of the system. what are you supposed to do if you have mild symptoms that are likely just allergies or something else but you want to get tested to be safe? what if it takes 7-10 days to get results?

now, it's a different story if you have a fever and a cough and feel like ****.

also, the guy dreamer23 dreamer23 is talking about had symptoms on the 10th, so it's already been over 2 weeks. even if it is covid, he would have been cleared to return to work by now. again, the testing system failed and the test itself was pointless with such a long turnaround time, but the coworker seems to have been acting responsibly.

this might be a dumb question but imma ask it anyways...i already know the kids missed several months of school but does missing say another year make a significant difference down the road? i'm only wondering from a purely education standpoint.
probably depends a lot on the home environment.

I think for kids with a good home environment and socialization (if even with just their parents), this will have little harm. it could even be beneficial if they are presented with opportunities to do or learn things they normally wouldn't get to.

but, overall, a lot of kids will be harmed, especially those who are already struggling and/or don't have a good situation at home. how it will play out 10-20 years from now, I don't know.

SENATE DEMOCRATIC LEADER SCHUMER SAYS REPUBLICAN CORONAVIRUS RELIEF PLAN AS DESCRIBED BY MCCONNELL 'TOTALLY INADEQUATE'

SCHUMER SAYS SENATE REPUBLICAN PLAN SEEKS TO CUT FEDERAL UNEMPLOYED RELIEF BY 30 PERCENT

The worst part is that it will have the greatest negative impact on those who were already the most at risk of falling behind. The ones who are fortunate enough to go to a good school that has a good distance learning program in place and can afford to support students who don't have access to technology at home will be much less affected. In addition, those who have an educated parent to guide them through it likely won't miss a beat.

The worst part is that it will have the greatest negative impact on those who were already the most at risk of falling behind. The ones who are fortunate enough to go to a good school that has a good distance learning program in place and can afford to support students who don't have access to technology at home will be much less affected. In addition, those who have an educated parent to guide them through it likely won't miss a beat.

one of the main reasons why I am asking is that i went to all the worst schools in my state growing up & i strongly believe it wouldn't have made a difference for me to miss 1/2 year to 3/2 years.

Why would your job allow him to come back without results?

since it's been 2 weeks since he first "got sick" thats their justification i guess....they were paying him sick leave so to be honest i would've just rode that out until i got the test results. He could've/should've got cleared from a doctor to come back to work...Trying to keep my distance and spray antibacterial whenever he is away from his desk...

this is a failure of the system. what are you supposed to do if you have mild symptoms that are likely just allergies or something else but you want to get tested to be safe? what if it takes 7-10 days to get results?

now, it's a different story if you have a fever and a cough and feel like ****.

also, the guy dreamer23 dreamer23 is talking about had symptoms on the 10th, so it's already been over 2 weeks. even if it is covid, he would have been cleared to return to work by now. again, the testing system failed and the test itself was pointless with such a long turnaround time, but the coworker seems to have been acting responsibly.

You're right. I didn't look at the dates closely when I read his post. I thought he went right back to work but I see he was past 2 weeks so even if he had it, his system should have cleared it up by the time he went back to work.

you wanna know why this is life for like the next 5 years?

mf around here goes out for his birthday a couple weeks back...special occasions, only live once, nbd.

took a nice picture and everything with Wife, so touching.

8 days later, I see a post talking about mf, says he´s on Day 14 of his COVID treatment.

1595884099028.jpeg

come to find out this mf had a CONFIRMED POSITIVE TEST when he went out to do his thing. ZERO REGARD.

...but he´s dead as of yesterday so

you wanna know why this is life for like the next 5 years?

mf around here goes out for his birthday a couple weeks back...special occasions, only live once, nbd.

took a nice picture and everything with Wife, so touching.

8 days later, I see a post talking about mf, says he´s on Day 14 of his COVID treatment.

1595884099028.jpeg

come to find out this mf had a CONFIRMED POSITIVE TEST when he went out to do his thing. ZERO REGARD.

...but he´s dead as of yesterday so
"it's just the flu"

NT'ers working in healthcare dealing with COVID patients, what do you know about the current use of Nitric Oxide?

Nitric oxide is produced by nearly every type of cell in the human body and one of the most important molecules for blood vessel health. It's a vasodilator, meaning it relaxes the inner muscles of your blood vessels, causing the vessels to widen. In this way, nitric oxide increases blood flow and lowers blood pressure.

TEXAS TOTAL COVID-19 DEATHS 5,711 ON MONDAY VS 5,038 PREVIOUS DAY AFTER CHANGE TO HOW STATE COUNTS FATALITIES - STATE HEALTH DEPT

...hold up, WAT?!

oh, indeed...D E A D dead.

mans straight up croaked. bucket fully kicked.

this all unfolded over less than a month, they had to intubate dude, go through the whole thing.

thought he was doing better, took him off the tubes...nope, dead.

in fact, he died at that nice new COVID unit I just toured before it opened...seeing plenty of action already.

yeah tho, how obscenely self-centered do you have to be to get a POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST and just diddybop your dumb *** out on the town SIX DAYS LATER? how many people did he share his confirmed case with?

mfs swear **** is a joke, laugh it off, go have dinner, really rockin´ again...yeah aight.

as a parent who has a kid who is just above average academically (B student), and heading into High School next month, we're "ecstatic" to be able to school from home to start his high school experience.

The requirements from the teachers will be dumbed down. This will be an easy semester. Most teachers won't be out to make it tough for the kids. So my son and I actually discussed this very thing today and will be looking to take advantage of this to give him a boost and "buffer" for his start at high school.

For elementary/middle school, it doesn't really matter. But for high schoolers where your academic standing starts as soon as you step onto campus, this is a nice little advantage. Or at least we are looking at it like that.

For my youngest who is going into 4th grade, this won't matter to him. He's a genius who doesn't like to show he's smart, so maybe he'll feel good about doing great since his friends won't be around to see him do good.

Being positive with distance learning this time around

Back
Top Bottom