Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
In the same boat. Felt minor symptoms Tuesday, took a rapid Wed, Thurs and today. All came back negative. PCR results won’t come in till early next week but pretty sure it will be positive. I was exposed the day after New Years.

How were you exposed?

Always interesting to hear how people get exposed, could be anything from a risky gathering to just eating too close to someone else indoor or something.

How were you exposed?

Always interesting to hear how people get exposed, could be anything from a risky gathering to just eating too close to someone else indoor or something.

I don’t where the exposure came from, but it’s a pretty crazy timeline and still trying to figure it out. My fiancé and I rented a beach house for New Years. A couple joined us on Saturday, great friends of mine. Went out to eat at a chill fancy spot that night, my friend made contact with someone he knew that was sitting at a table next to us. They hugged and said hello. We got to our table, shared a plate or two aside from our own orders then went home.

The next day, my friend got sick immediately and eventually tested positive. The guy he had contact with who sat next to our table also became really sick and tested positive as well. He was with his wife, not sure if she got sick. Fortunately, none of my friend’s partner or mine got sick as of yet.

Whats crazy about this is that no one has the exact same symptoms. I’ve never so much as had the flu, let alone COVID. Most of the people that I know that have had it complained about loss of smell and taste, I didn’t have that at all, that’s why I thought that I had the flu, COVID never crossed my mind initially. Right now, my throat and chest feel all itchy/scratchy and I get chills and feel somewhat lethargic.

I don’t where the exposure came from, but it’s a pretty crazy timeline and still trying to figure it out. My fiancé and I rented a beach house for New Years. A couple joined us on Saturday, great friends of mine. Went out to eat at a chill fancy spot that night, my friend made contact with someone he knew that was sitting at a table next to us. They hugged and said hello. We got to our table, shared a plate or two aside from our own orders then went home.

The next day, my friend got sick immediately and eventually tested positive. The guy he had contact with who sat next to our table also became really sick and tested positive as well. He was with his wife, not sure if she got sick. Fortunately, none of my friend’s partner or mine got sick as of yet.
my best guess is your friend who got sick immediately already had covid before you saw him. a lot of spread happens in the 1-2 days before symptoms appear.

How were you exposed?

There’s no such thing as eating too close to someone indoors because aerosols don’t respect distance. If you’re in the same room with someone for any decent length of time you’re sharing air, period. When there’s 20% test positivity, just count on 1 of every 5 people in a room has COVID. Any indoor gathering with anyone who isn’t in your household is risky right now. That’s why I said what I said about respirator masks.

my best guess is your friend who got sick immediately already had covid before you saw him. a lot of spread happens in the 1-2 days before symptoms appear.

Yeah, not pointing fingers but I’m guessing it was him.

There’s no such thing as eating too close to someone indoors because aerosols don’t respect distance. If you’re in the same room with someone for any decent length of time you’re sharing air, period. When there’s 20% test positivity, just count on 1 of every 5 people in a room has COVID. Any indoor gathering with anyone who isn’t in your household is risky right now. That’s why I said what I said about respirator masks.

The crazy thing is how quickly and easily this variant spreads, I totally underestimated it. Dodged it for 2 years but guess my time was up. Guess there’s still a chance my pcr can come back negative but with all the talk of false negatives I’m not counting on it 🤷‍♂️

Have been isolating for 8 days, tested positive on New Year's Day morning whoopie dee doo. It's a government enforced 10 day quarantine where i'm at. Did not head out much during that period so hopefully did not spread it.

Pretty sure i caught it going for a indoor workout class, one of the places i went to earlier in that week had a few cases so...

Am fully vaxxed was due to get the booster this week. Depends on the individual but i got lucky i guess no major symptoms, a slight sore throat and slight fever before testing positive and a lingering dry cough in the days after. No loss of taste or smell.

Did a rapid test today and its negative but still have to ride out another 2 days of isolation. Stay safe people.

Last edited:
My pregnant wife and oldest son tested positive with mild symptoms, cough and runny nose for my son and cough and headache for my wife. They’ve been isolating in my son’s room. Got an oximeter to monitor their oxygen levels. We’re all vaccinated and my wife and I are boosted. Middle son and me tested negative which is weird because he’s the one that’s always sick and been kept home during the school year and always tested negative when we’d get him tested to return to school. I’m feeling intense guilt because my wife has been quarterbacking the renovation on our home because her work has been real flexible but I’ve been stuck with work, half of my office got pulled to the front lines as disaster service workers and I’m thinking she caught it going everywhere to order materials and working with the contractor and his crew. It should have been me. 😔

Your post makes it seem as if anything but a respirator is stupid. Which its not.

Your post makes it seem as if anything but a respirator is stupid. Which its not.
What good is a mask rated for droplet protection against a virus that spreads via aerosol? It will keep your germs from spreading far and wide, but it’s not giving you the protection against airborne transmission. It’s like your mom using her arm to hold you in your seat during a rollover crash instead of just using a damn seatbelt. I get it… a box of cheap masks that you can get anywhere and only cost a few cents a piece that you can throw away has a certain appeal, but protection from catching COVID isn’t one of them.

What good is a mask rated for droplet protection against a virus that spreads via aerosol? It will keep your germs from spreading far and wide, but it’s not giving you the protection against airborne transmission. It’s like your mom using her arm to hold you in your seat during a rollover crash instead of just using a damn seatbelt. I get it… a box of cheap masks that you can get anywhere and only cost a few cents a piece that you can throw away has a certain appeal, but protection from catching COVID isn’t one of them.

So now its just cheap masks? I thought it was anything under a respirator. There would be ALOT higher numbers if anything under a respirator was null and void.

So now its just cheap masks? I thought it was anything under a respirator. There would be ALOT higher numbers if anything under a respirator was null and void.
Serious question: do you know what a respirator is? I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make by attempting to validate inferior masks that provide very minimal protection. Sure, it’s not zero but it’s not ENOUGH.

Serious question: do you know what a respirator is? I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make by attempting to validate inferior masks that provide very minimal protection. Sure, it’s not zero but it’s not ENOUGH.

What you referred to in the og post yes. You just do know how ridiculous you sound with the statement right? Not trying to take jabs, not my intent, but again there would be a TON more cases if regular degular masks werent effective. Even the tiny sample size I read here of people getting infected, sounds like they were in a situation where masks werent involved (dinner with friends etc). Its like a retail worker dodging covid out there in their store helping customers, masked up but then go to the break room for lunch eating with other coworkers with no mask on.

I cant afford to get sick, im still on treatment, my bro and mom been sick these past holidays, both tested negative but idk about my bro lately been sick again, we just all avoid each other in the crib and I mask up if I leave the room. During treatments ive interacted with alot of people at the hospital, sometimes have to wait in long lines to even get in, etc and ive been using 2 extra thick medical masks and ive been fine. Again small sample ish size, but I feel I woudve gotten infected by now if it werent for masks. Before omicron went ham, id go out shop, whatever, nothing TOO crazy or crowded but didnt catch nothing, double masked everywhere.

Now, will my double mask help me if I were to go to the Garden and everyone around me cheering on, shouting and all that with their masks half way down or completely off? Heck no. But in softer situations, yeah I feel ok.

Spoke with my a friend earlier today actually, shes a nurse in a covid unit and bless her soul cause shes somehow dodged covid through this whole mess. I asked what her mask routine was and she uses those duckbill type masks with another medical mask over it and a shield. Said she swears by it and hasnt gotten covid ever. Though I do see her stories on IG and she does go out to indoor dine here and there and im like ehh if you were to get it maybe its from there and not work.

But anyways, yes small sample sizes but just my personal opinion on the mask situation.

Does ANYBODY in this thread have experience with testing positive while on vacation or while traveling in general? Or anybody you know?

I haven’t heard a single thing from any friends/family/acquaintance about that happening. Just wanting some info on the experience.

Do you get to quarantine at any hotel, or does the government decide that for you? Was it just a single room? Do they feed you? Who pays for the extended stay? How did work handle the situation?

If I’m assuming 1 in 5 people in a room have omnicron, it’s just a 100% guarantee I’m gonna catch it and test positive then yeah?

Does ANYBODY in this thread have experience with testing positive while on vacation or while traveling in general? Or anybody you know?

I haven’t heard a single thing from any friends/family/acquaintance about that happening. Just wanting some info on the experience.

Do you get to quarantine at any hotel, or does the government decide that for you? Was it just a single room? Do they feed you? Who pays for the extended stay? How did work handle the situation?

If I’m assuming 1 in 5 people in a room have omnicron, it’s just a 100% guarantee I’m gonna catch it and test positive then yeah?
International travel?

What happens just depends on where you are. A lot of tourist friendly countries will offer a discounted rate for a quarantine room at a resort should you test positive. I know some resorts/hotels in Mexico were letting you stay free for 10 days, but you had to foot the bill for the food and doctor visits.

But by and large you’d be on your own. It’s just a risk you take at this point in time. Make sure you have enough $$ and time off from work should you get stuck somewhere. I’ve traveled internationally during COVID, but I personally wouldn’t risk it right now w/ Omarion. It’s waaaay too transmissible.

Got a positive rapid test yesterday after coming back from Florida
Waiting for PCR results
Symptoms: sore throat + runny nose/congestion

In self-quarantine in the family basement now
No shower/bathtub down here, so I'm gonna toughen it out
:lol:

As expected: got my positive PCR result today (5 days after taking the test)
Have been in quarantine for 6 days now
Symptoms are currently: loss of smell + some loss of taste + some congestion

Will quarantine for a few more days + take another PCR/rapid test

What happens just depends on where you are. A lot of tourist friendly countries will offer a discounted rate for a quarantine room at a resort should you test positive. I know some resorts/hotels in Mexico were letting you stay free for 10 days, but you had to foot the bill for the food and doctor visits.

But by and large you’d be on your own. It’s just a risk you take at this point in time. Make sure you have enough $$ and time off from work should you get stuck somewhere. I’ve traveled internationally during COVID, but I personally wouldn’t risk it right now w/ Omarion. It’s waaaay too transmissible.
I’ve seen a few reports - not anyone I know though. You can get a hotel package where they drop off food etc. The prices I saw were about $2k for one person and a little less than double for two.

You would go out of your mind too - being in the house was bad enough but being in a hotel room with nothing to do would be tough. At least for the travel quarantine they let you out for exercise (although that’s still like prison) but for the infected people I doubt they let you out the door.

Definitely not worth the risk IMO.

Back
Top Bottom