Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think many are over thinking things slightly.
A lot of states aren't testing for variants regularly but they do have vaccine info
My state is showing vaccinated and boosted as having the lowest chance of catching covid, hospitalizations, and death. Vaccinated and not boosted have the second lowest numbers across the board. And then unvaccinated alone is the overwhelming majority in each category. Deaths they're pushing 90% unvaccinated.

A part of me agrees if you aren't boosted and it's been 7 months, you're just as vulnerable as someone who's 100% unvaccinated. But then different data sources state entirely different results. So I'm not even mad some have hesitancy. Is efficiency close to zero if you had a single series of shots over the summer of 2001? I guess that's what many are questioning. There is an element of always catching up but you've got to believe our state governments or cities aren't exclusively seeing that new variant. There's a big delay in all of this by 2-4 weeks
Even if your antibodies wane significantly after 6+ months, you should still have memory B/T cells that provide long lasting protection against severe disease. Antibodies are your first line of defense, but they aren’t the whole immune response, so no you would not be as vulnerable as someone who’s unvaccinated after 7 months. The headlines you see about waning immunity are not telling the whole story.

I'll add my newest info. Back between Christmas & New Year, my wife came down with a bug (Dec 26). Had a stuffy nose and a tad bit of a sore throat. But nothing crazy. By Wednesday she got worse but it was tolerable. By the end of the week all I got was a slight tickle in my throat. Well, fast forward to the weekend, and we were both feeling like crap.

I had a horrendously sore throat (felt like I was swallowing razor blades), aches, headache & fever topped off at 101.7. We both felt awful. Couldn't find any Covid tests anywhere close to us to buy and no pharmacy within a 30 mile radius had openings to perform a test. So we quarantined. I got a Z-Pak prescribed from my GP (delivered by CVS) as I figured I had strept (had it before so I know what it feels like). And was told to take higher dose Tylenol. By the 4th day (Thursday Jan 6) of the Pack, I felt worlds better and I could actually eat food as swallowing didn't hurt nearly as much. By the following week, all better.

Fast forward to last Saturday. Had to get a Covid test for my yearly scope to see how my Crohn's is doing. Few hours later hospital calls and said the virus is detected. Damn! No procedure now (postponed till next available in 2 months). But I had ZERO symptoms. Nothing (& still don't). Both my GI and my transplant doctors believe we both had Omicron back in December/January but since we couldn't get a test, and didn't have it documented, they couldn't "officially" say I had it. This positive was most likely the variant still in my system as it was taken several weeks from the last day I felt crappy. We both quarantined the days they said we should, found a few rapid at home tests, came back negative, and are fine.

We both are triple vaxxed and I'm waiting see when I can get my 4th shot (6 months is up later this month). I wear masks everywhere I need to go (which is a few spots fast, like grocery store) where people are at. Quick in & out for things. But I know having all 3 kept me from most likely being seriously hospitalized and probably dying (being a transplant patient and seriously immunocompromised). Just stay safe and get the shots if you can. They do help. 🙏🙏

Last edited:
You seem to assume that boosters are targeted toward circulating variants, but they are not. They are the same exact vaccines that have been administered from day 1. The only difference is the Moderns booster is half (50mcg) the original dose (100 mcg). Otherwise it’s all the same recipe targeted against the original Wuhan strain. Tell me again how informed you are and I’ll prove again that you aren’t.
Where did I write that boosters are targeted toward circulating variants? Go back and quote me on that?

That vaccine's efficiency at protecting against Omicron with the two doses is damn near zero and ONCE AGAIN you have side stepped the question of why people are still pushing the vaccinated vs unvaccinated agenda when an unvaccinated individual will never catch up to the protection needed for the circulating variant.

Go ahead and prove to me how uninformed I am and I promise I will embarrass you off this message board. I don't speak from one agenda or the other, I speak from real world factual data and what some of the worlds best doctors both in and out of the ER are witnessing.

Vaccination was a great line of defense initially and for some that are eligible for boosters it still is. But for those that are not vaccinated as of now you cannot provide FACTUAL data that proves that if they begin their vaccination scheduling today that they will be better off or protected from Omicron or any future variants and if you say otherwise you are lying to yourself and everyone else in this thread, so take a seat.

Whining and misinformed? lol you got the wrong one my friend. Believe me you really do because I can all but guarantee you I am leaps and bounds more informed than you will ever be.

I have ZERO dog in this fight, but I will say, that Blake P Blake P has been in this thread from the start of the pandemic, going over all the ins and outs of everything. From what to do, to the science of things, vaccines, what type of mask is best to get, where to get them, and the difference between them all (because no one knew the differences at the start). He even reached out to me a few times, knowing I'm seriously immunocompromised, asking if I needed some KN95s. I don't know him personally at all, but if I had to wager, I'd say he's in the medical field (if I'm wrong, I apologize). But If I'm right, he knows what he's talking about. But he's a good one. 👍

Last edited:
Guess you didn’t read my comment fully.

I’ve repeatedly stated about people like myself that have two doses but aren’t on schedule to get a booster for many months out - most likely into another variant-
Let me reassure you then that you still have pretty good protection for the first couple months after your 2-dose vaccination, even against omicron:

FLVGg1OUUAECX6K.png

yes, it starts to fall off at 10-14 weeks, but so does the booster protection.

I had ZERO dog in this fight, but I will say, that Blake P Blake P has been in this thread from the start of the pandemic, going over all the ins and outs of everything. From what to do, to the science of things, vaccines, what type of mask is best to get, where to get them, and the difference between them all (because no one knew the differences at the start). He even reached out to me a few times, knowing I'm seriously immunocompromised, asking if I needed some KN95s. I don't know him personally at all, but if I had to wager, I'd say he's in the medical field (if I'm wrong, I apologize). But he's a good one. 👍
Props to him for trying to help you out but good one or not, he's side stepped what i've written multiple times now and never addressed direct questions only to tell me "I am misinformed" and tried to brush me off. If he thinks I am misinformed and really wants to go there I can certainly go there.

I don't speak off one agenda or another I speak off facts and commonsense so unless someones willing to make direct responses to legitimate questions with factual data or state that their response is their opinion then they shouldn't respond.

Where did I write that boosters are targeted toward circulating variants? Go back and quote me on that?

That vaccine's efficiency at protecting against Omicron with the two doses is damn near zero and ONCE AGAIN you have side stepped the question of why people are still pushing the vaccinated vs unvaccinated agenda when an unvaccinated individual will never catch up to the protection needed for the circulating variant.

Go ahead and prove to me how uninformed I am and I promise I will embarrass you off this message board. I don't speak from one agenda or the other, I speak from real world factual data and what some of the worlds best doctors both in and out of the ER are witnessing.

Vaccination was a great line of defense initially and for some that are eligible for boosters it still is. But for those that are not vaccinated as of now you cannot provide FACTUAL data that proves that if they begin their vaccination scheduling today that they will be better off or protected from Omicron or any future variants and if you say otherwise you are lying to yourself and everyone else in this thread, so take a seat.

Getting your booster and youre protected (im not doing exact numbers again) from going to the hospital in general regardless of the variant. Not as effective against omicron, but the numbers say it does provide some protection. So youre saying you dont want your booster (or think its a dumb idea) cause by then 6 months after your first 2 jabs it wont protect against that current variant?

But a booster protects against omicron, so a booster 6 months from now should also provide some protection against whatever variant is out then.

And pushing the unvax vs vax agenda, well they want everyone to get vaxed and boosted, atleast vaxed. The more that do the less the hospitals have to deal with blah blah. I mean what are you really trying to say here? Im not for having a booster everytime some new **** comes out, or having a yearly one. Pain the in the *** but im not thinking too far ahead on that. Right now vax + boost seems to protect in general. If you think a booster is silly then dont get it. But what youre saying dont make sense b.

I don’t even know what the point is of pushing for vaccines for those that are still unvaccinated. Even if you have two doses -like myself- and get omicron it will do nothing to protect you. By the time someone’s eligible for a booster it will no longer be the dominant strain and therefore you are vaccinated against a variant that is of minimal threat -to my knowledge unless other variants like delta are still widely transmitting-. I won’t be eligible for a booster for quite some time and by that time another variant will be around so logically how do people still continue to bash the unvaccinated from a logical standpoint?
Having two doses does offer protection against omicron. From a logical standpoint, an individual should want some protection against a disease rather than no protection.

The vaccines we have now were developed to protect against the original strain and have shown to be effective against many of the strains that evolved after.

Maybe I’m not understanding your question, but it’s untrue that you can never “catch up” to the current variant. My kids just got their second dose in December and will get boosters if/when they’re approved for their age group. Until then they have the best protection available to protect them against severe outcomes. You’re jumping in here 2 years later asking for data that has been posted many times by myself and others. The current vaccines continue to protect well against the most severe outcomes from all variants so far and that cannot be disputed. Nobody knows if they will protect against future variants, but since they have all been descendants of the original strain, chances are good. Could there be problems caused by getting multiple boosters over many years? Sure, but there’s no data to support that. But there IS data to support the problems that come with being reinfected over and over with a disease that causes damage to your vascular system and can harm every organ in your body. Not pushing an agenda, just facts. All I see from you are fringe theories and misinformation.

You guys heard what the Moderna CEO did? Not a good look, but they’re gonna twist this in every way imaginable.

Getting your booster and youre protected (im not doing exact numbers again) from going to the hospital in general regardless of the variant. Not as effective against omicron, but the numbers say it does provide some protection. So youre saying you dont want your booster (or think its a dumb idea) cause by then 6 months after your first 2 jabs it wont protect against that current variant?

But a booster protects against omicron, so a booster 6 months from now should also provide some protection against whatever variant is out then.

And pushing the unvax vs vax agenda, well they want everyone to get vaxed and boosted, atleast vaxed. The more that do the less the hospitals have to deal with blah blah. I mean what are you really trying to say here? Im not for having a booster everytime some new **** comes out, or having a yearly one. Pain the in the *** but im not thinking too far ahead on that. Right now vax + boost seems to protect in general. If you think a booster is silly then dont get it. But what youre saying dont make sense b.
Makes perfect sense if you read what I wrote in its entirety. First in regards to me personally It’s does make sense.

You say that a booster SHOULD protect against future variants but no one knows that and the fact that Israel has already moved onto a 4th dose says otherwise.

Second. For me personally -and the timing of my vaccination scheduling - by the time I’m due for a booster about June or July I can almost guarantee Omicron will no longer be the dominant strain which means in the interim I’m a barely -if at all- protected against serious illness or hospitalization from Omicron. For someone that has not even received ONE shot they will never catch up to the required vaccination scheduling to be considered fully vaccinated so why are we still pushing a vaccinated vs unvaccinated agenda?

You can also add that we can’t continue to booster indefinitely so then what? I’ve spoken to a ton of the best doctors in New York - a few of them some of the best in the world- and all agree it’s an evolving situation with info changing regularly and that they couldn’t themselves say one way or the other whether mass vaccination would work and while up to now it has provided for somewhat of a “buffer” until we move into other phases the reality is that the mandates and recommendations are not keeping pace with real time data. So again, why do you think we are continuously pushing for vaccination in the unvaccinated?

Makes perfect sense if you read what I wrote in its entirety. First in regards to me personally It’s does make sense.

You say that a booster SHOULD protect against future variants but no one knows that and the fact that Israel has already moved onto a 4th dose says otherwise.

Second. For me personally -and the timing of my vaccination scheduling - by the time I’m due for a booster about June or July I can almost guarantee Omicron will no longer be the dominant strain which means in the interim I’m a barely -if at all- protected against serious illness or hospitalization from Omicron. For someone that has not even received ONE shot they will never catch up to the required vaccination scheduling to be considered fully vaccinated so why are we still pushing a vaccinated vs unvaccinated agenda?

You can also add that we can’t continue to booster indefinitely so then what? I’ve spoken to a ton of the best doctors in New York - a few of them some of the best in the world- and all agree it’s an evolving situation with info changing regularly and that they couldn’t themselves say one way or the other whether mass vaccination would work and while up to now it has provided for somewhat of a “buffer” until we move into other phases the reality is that the mandates and recommendations are not keeping pace with real time data. So again, why do you think we are continuously pushing for vaccination in the unvaccinated?
This honestly reads like typical “I’m not antivax, but here are a bunch of standard antivax talking points.” Repeating the same nonsense over and over doesn’t make it true.

Predictions are difficult - especially when they are about future events. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do the sensible thing just now though.

Sure, new variants may escape the vaccine but it’s not happened so far and the data that any vaccination is helpful is unequivocal. I can’t see the data changing so that boosted folks are better protected any time soon - so that’s why the guidance isn’t changing.

Partially protected is better than nothing and late is better than never.

I'll add my newest info. Back between Christmas & New Year, my wife came down with a bug (Dec 26). Had a stuffy nose and a tad bit of a sore throat. But nothing crazy. By Wednesday she got worse but it was tolerable. By the end of the week all I got was a slight tickle in my throat. Well, fast forward to the weekend, and we were both feeling like crap.

I had a horrendously sore throat (felt like I was swallowing razor blades), aches, headache & fever topped off at 101.7. We both felt awful. Couldn't find any Covid tests anywhere close to us to buy and no pharmacy within a 30 mile radius had openings to perform a test. So we quarantined. I got a Z-Pak prescribed from my GP (delivered by CVS) as I figured I had strept (had it before so I know what it feels like). And was told to take higher dose Tylenol. By the 4th day (Thursday Jan 6) of the Pack, I felt worlds better and I could actually eat food as swallowing didn't hurt nearly as much. By the following week, all better.

Fast forward to last Saturday. Had to get a Covid test for my yearly scope to see how my Crohn's is doing. Few hours later hospital calls and said the virus is detected. Damn! No procedure now (postponed till next available in 2 months). But I had ZERO symptoms. Nothing (& still don't). Both my GI and my transplant doctors believe we both had Omicron back in December/January but since we couldn't get a test, and didn't have it documented, they couldn't "officially" say I had it. This positive was most likely the variant still in my system as it was taken several weeks from the last day I felt crappy. We both quarantined the days they said we should, found a few rapid at home tests, came back negative, and are fine.

We both are triple vaxxed and I'm waiting see when I can get my 4th shot (6 months is up later this month). I wear masks everywhere I need to go (which is a few spots fast, like grocery store) where people are at. Quick in & out for things. But I know having all 3 kept me from most likely being seriously hospitalized and probably dying (being a transplant patient and seriously immunocompromised). Just stay safe and get the shots if you can. They do help. 🙏🙏
That’s really unfortunate - and another side effect of the terrible testing in the US. Your whole issue is the well known fact that a PCR test will detect fragments of the virus for months after your symptoms have passed. It’s pretty clear that you HAD the virus but don’t now but they’re doing the only thing they can and have a sensible protocol.

At least the 2 month delay shouldn’t be significant in your treatment - just an inconvenience.

Youre missing my point, when you get your booster omicron might not be the dominant strain but when people had their boosters before omicron came around in late December they were still protected. So same thing, when you get your booster youll be somewhat protected to whatever strain is dominant by then.

By your logic and the “firet shot but wont be able to catch up” then whats the point of getting vaccinated? Is that what youre really trying to say? Just say if it is. :lol:

You spoke to the top doctors in NYC? What do you do that youre able to have these talks with said doctors. Serious question.

Youre missing my point, when you get your booster omicron might not be the dominant strain but when people had their boosters before omicron came around in late December they were still protected. So same thing, when you get your booster youll be somewhat protected to whatever strain is dominant by then.

By your logic and the “firet shot but wont be able to catch up” then whats the point of getting vaccinated? Is that what youre really trying to say? Just say if it is. :lol:

You spoke to the top doctors in NYC? What do you do that youre able to have these talks with said doctors. Serious question.
In the interim I am not protected fully against omicron is the point. And by the time another variant swings around

Second that’s my point. Why are we still pushing vaccination to unvaccinated and the non vaccinated vs vaccinated statistics not sure where you found the humor in that question.

I have good friends and family including surgeons and administrators at just about every hospital in the area from Jamaica Hospital in Queens to Stony Brook on LI

In the interim I am not protected fully against omicron is the point. And by the time another variant swings around

Second that’s my point. Why are we still pushing vaccination to unvaccinated and the non vaccinated vs vaccinated statistics not sure where you found the humor in that question.

I have good friends and family including surgeons and administrators at just about every hospital in the area from Jamaica Hospital in Queens to Stony Brook on LI
what level of protection against death from omicron would you consider to be good enough for the 2-dose (unboosted) vaccine?

Spoke to the top doctors in NY and by that you mean friends and family. Of course. :lol:

Wrap this up fellas, lets move on. :lol:

Yea, you obviously don’t know me and that’s fine because of course I’m going to come on a message board I’ve been a member of for 19 years and start fabricating lies to impress a twenty something year old on the Internet. Maybe I should pull up my credit report, show you the deed to my house and hand you over my social security number to then maybe this guy will believe me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom