Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is there a follow up question or are you just curious? Technically the 4th shot is only for immunocompromised or age 50+, though anyone can self-attest that they have a condition that puts them at greater risk. I know someone who did that. I'd rather wait for an updated next-gen booster. Pfizer bi-valent is reportedly due out in September and Moderna in October. Not sure about Novavax. AFAIK, they haven't even been given approval to be used as a booster, let alone updated ingredients. @shibadekobe where u at?

Yeah just curious.

I imagine it's been well over 6 months for a lot of people who had a booster. Just wondering what the move is going forward.

Yeah just curious.

I imagine it's been well over 6 months for a lot of people who had a booster. Just wondering what the move is going forward.

Once your brand of choice is available in bi-valent, get it. I'm waiting for Moderna in October, unless Novavax is on the horizon.

Also I don't know what the hell the anti-Fauci crowd actually expected him to do. His job was to keep up with the established research and make sure COVID guidelines adhered to them.

Did these idiots really expect the head of the NIAID to not do this?

he was the only one in the room to have the integrity to stand up to Trump and call him out on his bleach etc. BS so the idiots went after him. All politics.

Redfield and Birx should be ashamed of themselves and blackballed from the medical community.

Last edited:
didn’t get the paxlovid until thursday so i have 2 more days. i gotta say tho, that paxlovid mouth is TOUGH. it’s a terrible sensation but i just see it as getting me safe to see my family again.

Hope you stay positive while remaining negative!

This is shocking, to me at least. No evidence of benefit for 40-64 y/o's taking Paxlovid...

Last edited:
Just got my appointment booked for flu and covid vaccines - they start doing them in 2 weeks time. Not sure what vaccine they're using though - I can't find that information yet.

Here's a personal example of how horrible the COVID messaging has become. My mom (who has surprisingly never been infected) was on vacation with some of her friends and she started to feel some cold-like symptoms, primarily nasal congestion. She says she assumed it was a cold or allergies because she didn't have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, and didn't lose her taste or smell. Anyone who has been paying attention knows that none of those are now the common symptoms. I'm the only one left in my family who actually keeps up on these things and I try not to bother them about it unless I'm asked for my opinion, which is rare. She was sharing a room with one of her friends who has had COVID twice already and on the last day of their trip her friend told her, "I think you have COVID because I'm starting to feel like I did the last time I was infected." Sure enough, when they got home and tested they were both positive. I told her that she needed to call her doctor's office and request a prescription for Paxlovid, but she says she has heard nothing but bad things about it in the news and that she's already starting to feel better so she doesn't need it. I explained to her that while it's best to start on an antiviral ASAP, it will only help her get rid of the virus from her system faster. She is on blood pressure medication, so I told her to make sure her doc knows to check for drug interactions. She was shocked to hear that even after people recover from COVID they are at higher risk for thrombotic problems, especially cardiac and stroke. IMO, these are the kinds of things that are not being effectively communicated to the general public, along with so many other important things regarding lowering your risk of infection. The average person is not seeking out COVID news and reading medical journals. Since they no longer hear about it on the nightly news, they assume the risk is gone and are relying on what they might remember from the days when it was talked about nonstop. This has been a public health failure, plain and simple.

UPDATE: Her doctor would not prescribe Paxlovid because of her BP meds, so I told her to ask about Bebtelovimab (monoclonal). I get the sense that he's not the most up to date on clinical COVID treatment, so I wouldn't be surprised if he declines. It's sitting on shelves and now available in injectable form that takes 30 seconds to administer. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Last edited:
Wife is flying to Miami for a work trip, did a PCR and it came back positive. I was feeling some symptoms (nausea, body aches and diarrhea) so I went to take a PCR. Came back negative.

24CD3379-6F6F-4026-B6B9-F922D713BAA6.gif

She took another PCR and it came back negative too. I’m just confused.

Wife is flying to Miami for a work trip, did a PCR and it came back positive. I was feeling some symptoms (nausea, body aches and diarrhea) so I went to take a PCR. Came back negative.

24CD3379-6F6F-4026-B6B9-F922D713BAA6.gif

She took another PCR and it came back negative too. I’m just confused.
False negative, cross contamination, many factors. Did you test together and possibly swabs got mislabeled?

welp, yesterday morning my daughter tested positive - guessing she got it from daycare - hope it wasn’t from me. fever and congestion. wife and son are still negative today. feel like i’m fighting a losing battle trying to keep them somewhat separated in our tiny apartment 😖

Yeah, that’s tough. When I was sick I stayed in our bedroom alone - that room is in the attic and I had the windows open so was as away from everyone as possible - but over the next few days they all got it. Probably from being exposed to me before I had any symptoms but it’s hard to know.

Hopefully the others can avoid it.

I recall there was a discussion a while ago about the use of C02 monitors as a tool to determine if indoor/airplane air is safe. Here’s a good explanation about how/why it could be misleading.

False negative, cross contamination, many factors. Did you test together and possibly swabs got mislabeled?
First test that she got that was positive she did solo. The second test where we both was negative was together. Maybe I had a stomach bug?

I think this is still important.

1661805809134.png
Yes, especially when you consider who is actually eligible for that second booster. All things considered, those are the exact people who are highest risk, yet have the lowest death rate.

Yes, especially when you consider who is actually eligible for that second booster. All things considered, those are the exact people who are highest risk, yet have the lowest death rate.

It should also blow away the “with not of” crowd - I’d love to know how they explain this disparity if covid has nothing to do with it.

daughter is already testing negative. she had a day and a half of fever and seems back to normal. weird that my wife and son are still testing negative. maybe my daughter’s viral load wasn’t too bad? wife has a scratchy throat so she got a pcr test today and we wait for results. son has zero symptoms. gonna have to grab more tests to test the wife and son daily for at least the rest of the week.

Back
Top Bottom