HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

aint with it either, no different than those bootleg gucci af1’s even if they cut the monogram from a legit gucci bag

yah... no thanksdo what you got to do with the hustle i guess, scam those celebs to paying premium for cut up designer pieces

just not for me unless its dapper dan creating something custom for me today since he is in an actual association with gucci these days

I can’t get with the “authentic custom” stuff.
It’s not an authentic piece.
It’s not a custom piece made by the designer/brand.

Kind of just an arts and craft project.
aint with it either, no different than those bootleg gucci af1’s even if they cut the monogram from a legit gucci bag
yah... no thanksdo what you got to do with the hustle i guess, scam those celebs to paying premium for cut up designer pieces

just not for me unless its dapper dan creating something custom for me today since he is in an actual association with gucci these days
If Dapper Dan didn't do exactly like that in the past he wouldn't have no association with Gucci. Not for me, but I'm not gonna discredit what they are doing and call it no "arts and craft" especially when they are using the actual designer fabrics and using their actual skills and vision. Can any of you sew?

In other news, doesn't sale season usually start around this time of the year, or are companies delaying due to corona?

Last edited:
like i said, keep making money of sucker celebs who would pony up tons of cash for it, props to them for that

and yeah i can sew and easily make those masks if i wanted to but “legit fabrics” means cutting up a fendi towel/scarf and making a mask because i doubt designers are providing them these fabrics and its not legit collabs

and yeah dd got more cache and earned his spot so im cool with that, its designed by him and made by gucci

but yeah, thats really all i got to say about that, just not for me

like i said, keep making money of sucker celebs who would pony up tons of cash for it, props to them for that

and yeah i can sew and easily make those masks if i wanted to but “legit fabrics” means cutting up a fendi towel/scarf and making a mask because i doubt designers are providing them these fabrics and its not legit collabs

and yeah dd got more cache and earned his spot so im cool with that, its designed by him and made by gucci

but yeah, thats really all i got to say about that, just not for me
He makes more than mask though. I see jackets, sweatsuits etc

I displayed his work in here in the past - rrlegend rrlegend stated that even though he uses the material of the brand (towels, silk scarfs, etc) the quality isn’t there to justify his prices. I totally agree.

Also he sells, other off brand stuff that makes it hard to know if it’s really authentic.

He wanted to charge me $4K for a silk custom Burberry Jacket made out of the scarfs - ***** what? :lol:

Last edited:
I displayed his work in here in the past - rrlegend rrlegend stated that even though he uses the material of the brand (towels, silk scarfs, etc) the quality isn’t there to justify his prices. I totally agree.

Also he sells, other off brand stuff that makes it hard to know if it’s really authentic.

He wanted to charge me $3K for a silk custom Burberry Jacket made out of the scarfs - ***** what? :lol:

Off brand such as?

not a fan of that type of stuff
But I like hender scheme And I guess its kinda similar but not? It’s better materials but on familiar silhouettes so same same but different?

that being said in most cases if not ALL CASES the materials used on a homemade designer thing even if “legit fabrics” are either not expertly executed or the end result is bootycheeks compared to a legit item made by the brand

everyone can bring up dapper dan but aside from that ONE example which in my opinion is the exception that proves the rule,literally anything else made from Gucci fabric or Louis fabric is wack when compared

He wanted to charge me $4K for a silk custom Burberry Jacket made out of the scarfs - ***** what? :lol:
I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but I never handled any of his items, nor can I be mad at what he charges for his pieces. If he wants to charge that amount for his work and labor, thats his business. However, I'm not going to put down a man making his living and try to mitigate his work to arts and crafts. I think you're in the tech field right ? Imagine if you're a consultant and you charge a fee and someone just looks at you says" its not worth it, all he does is bounce servers". That's somewhat pretentious and disrespectful as hell.

Off brand such as?

He doesn’t just sell his custom things - he sells like off brands you never heard of in the store. Almost like those - stores that mix brands like in Lenox mall - Pure Denim. They sell some designer stuff but then they have these brands that they pass for higher prices - that looks like designer stuff.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but I never handled any of his items, nor can I be mad at what he charges for his pieces. If he wants to charge that amount for his work and labor, thats his business. However, I'm not going to put down a man making his living and try to mitigate his work to arts and crafts. I think you're in the tech field right ? Imagine if you're a consultant and you charge a fee and someone just looks at you says" its not worth it, all he does is bounce servers". That's somewhat pretentious and disrespectful as hell.

Totally understand.

those scarfs are bargain bin finds at places like tj maxx and marshalls, i used to buy my mom and grandma scarfs from there and its super cheap

they also had legit gucci and tom ford ties and designer sunglasses and such

gucci stuffs harder to find now but fendi, burberry, etc... are still easy to find

im not mad at what he charges either, like i said numerous times, take advantage of those willing to pay for it, hell we’re guilty of it here and often ased why we pay for what we pay for here like b23 when chucks are $30 during sale season

hender scheme is different because while they use the silhouettes from other brands, those arent trademarked and those leathers are premium and they dont claim its materials from jordan/nike and different enough if that makes sense?

as for disrespect, i am not gon call it arts and crafts but there is always an alternative, if an it charges way too much to set up what i want, they shouldnt be offended if another it does the same for a lot less and of course i am not going to say he just “do this and do that” so its too much but you always got a choice and its really up to you the quality of work

being stuck at home and ive been watching those insane pool or treehouse shows and i tell myself its crazy to charge $300k for a pool but if i were to get some made id like those guys to make it because its nice and quality and reputable even if others out there can make me a pool for cheaper too

as far as $4k burberry hoody made out of cheap scarfs are concerned, burberry doesnt even sell $4k hoody so while i aint gon call him crazy in his face, here for us having a convo with the nt fam, i will call it “crazy” :lol:

aiite , my bad for all that text, too much free time :rofl: i just rambled on

I didn’t mean any disrespect by calling it arts and crafts.
I never said it didn’t require skill. It surely does.
I’m an artist myself (As a hobby), so I respect his craft.

But this simply isn’t an authentic, high-end, designer piece and I’m just not into it. Nothing more or less.

19EBA750-4E17-4313-A0C0-7D4C6EDCD67F.png
This sweater is on the *****. If we weren’t in quarantine this would probably be a birthday cop

Or those car interiors all Gucci with the subwoofers. this was a great era though. Before anyone from the street became a billionaire. Everyone had a simpler mindset. People were proud then to tell you they were wearing knock off Gucci bucket hats and LV belts.

Back to the topic, doesnt matter to me that he’s getting paid, let him charge what he wants and if people are buying then everyone’s happy. I will say that unless he gets more creative than this, he’s not making anywhere near a million dollars. Especially once China steals his idea (karma at its finest). I’m sure the pieces that meek and rozay have are influencer kits not paid for. But it’s a difficult time and every dollar counts, I respect him more than someone just flat out selling knockoffs on Canal St.

Damn, I leave the internet for a min, come back and young rfx is going in on custom designer face masks :lol:

Speaking of which, I was at Target earlier today and the chick out front enforcing the store mask policy had on a LV monogram face mask.

Guess she done upgraded from the regular surgical mask she used to rock :lol:

yeah exclusive game had some flea market stuff in his store the times i went . his baby and women sections are all off brand and knock off monogrammed sweat suits / track suits. His mens side same thing but he had some Mitchell and ness in there , some fake Jordan 1.s specifically the home and away joint even had the f&f blue pair, and the " custom stuff". Store is nice to look at but you gotta know what you getting out of there you can get off 285 or memorial drive.

also dont want to only talk down on exclusive but etai.la and sheron barber dude as well. they all show themselves cutting up bags and what not for the gram but I’m not that naive to think that they are using legit fabric outside of towels and scarves and even some of those are questionable .

Last edited:
Can we go back to the high end stuff. This LV n95 mask stuff is on the equal level of posting visvim concept dunk colorways

Back
Top Bottom