HINDU NTers: Can You Explain This Pic For Me? Warning: Graphic but Very Interesting

tumblr_lej52mikUM1qzs8peo1_500.jpg

There is a lot going on here. What's the deal?

i used to know a lot more about hinduism growing up...but ive gone the whole not so religious route since that time. that picture is familiar, but i can't tell you much about it, sorry
laugh.gif

i used to know a lot more about hinduism growing up...but ive gone the whole not so religious route since that time. that picture is familiar, but i can't tell you much about it, sorry
laugh.gif

Once Kali had destroyed all the demons in battle, she began a terrific dance out of the sheer joy of victory. All the worlds or lokas began to tremble and sway under the impact of her dance. So, at the request of all the Gods, Shiva himself asked her to desist from this behavior. However, she was too intoxicated to listen. Hence, Shiva lay like a corpse among the slain demons in order to absorb the shock of the dance into himself. When Kali eventually stepped upon her husband she realized her mistake and bit her tongue in shame.

This is probably the more popular image

Kali01-282.jpg

Once Kali had destroyed all the demons in battle, she began a terrific dance out of the sheer joy of victory. All the worlds or lokas began to tremble and sway under the impact of her dance. So, at the request of all the Gods, Shiva himself asked her to desist from this behavior. However, she was too intoxicated to listen. Hence, Shiva lay like a corpse among the slain demons in order to absorb the shock of the dance into himself. When Kali eventually stepped upon her husband she realized her mistake and bit her tongue in shame.

This is probably the more popular image

Kali01-282.jpg

yea, Hinduism is a really deep and intricate religion. There are so many gods which span so many reincarnations. its good reading.

yea, Hinduism is a really deep and intricate religion. There are so many gods which span so many reincarnations. its good reading.

I remember that statue from IRT: Deadliest Roads. If it has as much as a tiny crack the statue can not be worshiped. So it was interesting to see the drivers navigate the treacherous terrain with the statue as cargo.

I remember that statue from IRT: Deadliest Roads. If it has as much as a tiny crack the statue can not be worshiped. So it was interesting to see the drivers navigate the treacherous terrain with the statue as cargo.

sorry but hindus/middle easterns/ muslims/etc. scare the crap out of me
not scare but....kinda disgust me for some reason
no racist
indifferent.gif

no racist
indifferent.gif

It is an interesting religion aside from the sexism. Visited a Hindu temple and the art/statues are extremely intriguing. The stories of how the gods came to be are also extremely fascinating IE how Ganesha got the head of an elephant, Siva and Kali, The Monkey protectors. al very fascinating if you are into theology and mythology.

It is an interesting religion aside from the sexism. Visited a Hindu temple and the art/statues are extremely intriguing. The stories of how the gods came to be are also extremely fascinating IE how Ganesha got the head of an elephant, Siva and Kali, The Monkey protectors. al very fascinating if you are into theology and mythology.

Originally Posted by PolarBear LaFlare

no racist
indifferent.gif
I can't say what I'd really like to say....so I will say logout and do not return. You are not welcome here.

no racist
indifferent.gif
I can't say what I'd really like to say....so I will say logout and do not return. You are not welcome here.

no racist
indifferent.gif

sounds racist to me

no racist
indifferent.gif

sounds racist to me

no racist
indifferent.gif

Lol Hindus, muslims and etc disgust you? That def sounds racist.

Back
Top Bottom