Part 2 of original video
Don't know how to embed
Not even looking to argue
I agree with scarface, end of discussion for me

Part 2 of original video
Don't know how to embed
Not even looking to argue
I agree with scarface, end of discussion for me

its no coincidence that popular "hip hop" songs nowadays are completely mindless . you really think the likes of dudes like Wacka Flocka , Two Chainz , Trinidad James and Chief Keef would be top dogs in the game if they weren't being pushed SIGNIFICANTLY by people behind the scenes ?
Once again, all these dudes had HUGE fanbases before they were signed, specifically Tity Boi (
wink.gif
), who reinvented himself and gained a whole new audience through his mixtapes.

They were all making the music they wanted to make, and people were supporting it because that's what the people wanted to hear. Nobody was being forced to do anything.

Trinidad James is even being "pushed". He has that one song.
roll.gif

Y'all love to blame other people for your problems.

How the common man can defend business/big corporations when they don't give two ***** about you boggles my mind.
It's not about defending big business, it's about y'all constantly blaming some boogeyman in a suit for your problems instead of addressing the root cause.

I fail to see how rappers who sometimes struggle to get a release date are being "pushed" upon us.
laugh.gif

Wow
How can something that sells not be pushed by someone making an investment on it? You can point fingers and say something like "yea, hip hop is white now, the Jews are pushing it with disregard to the real culture." But are we taking into account that the consumers CONSUME the product as well? I guarantee you 'pop' hip hop wouldn't be pushed if the consumer didn't want that. To make it simple, think of it like this; you own a store and you have to decide which pop soda you want to promote. Your catalog gives you 2 flavors conscious cherry, or pop blast. You put both up for sale and you start noticing pop blast outsells conscious cherry. So as a businessman, the next logical step is to push pop blast for more sales. Conscious cherry is still available, but it won't be put up on display all around the store like pop blast. Now apply that to hip hop and you get the results that we have today. A label isn't there to respect your ******g product, are you ******ed? The label sees $$$$ and that's it. Who cares if your music inspires and talks about unity and wisdom, if that **** don't sell, there's no point investing on it. Macklemore has that change and guess what, it sells. I really don't get what some of you clowns have against macklemore. His subject matter has some actual substance and people are listening. The songs carry a message and they have fun. Isn't that what you keep saying is missing from mainstream hip hop? I, for one, hope macklemore keeps succeeding just so I can enjoy a new wave of rappers with some substance in the mainstream.
over your head , clearly

push something hard enough in consumers faces and they will buy it , period . if they decided to push conscious MCs heavy on the radio over the next 3 years , thats what the country would be into . how many of us laughed when "Laffy Taffy" or "Crank Dat Superman" came out bc of how atrocious those tracks were , and now bump "All Gold Everything" and "Birthday Song"?

your store analogy doesnt work here because these people have to power to make whatever they want to be successful
Again, being in the South, I can tell you Soulja Boy, as corny as he was/is and as corny as that song was/is, dude grinded hard, and got a strong following in the South years before 2007 when he was signed. He was easily popular on his own through utilizing the internet way back in like 05-06. Crank That was out for a while before it got "re-released" in 07 and a professional video was done. D4L got it on their own too with Laffy Taffy. Same with Trinidad James.

Once again, all songs THEY wanted to make, that THE PEOPLE supported without any forced radio spins.

Also interesting how y'all keep mentioning James and co, but conveniently leave out Kendrick, or Macklemore. Who not only have been wildly successful through the numbers, and thus are getting promotion and shine because the label sees that they make money, and did so on their own.

Last edited:
Where did i say that? Once again, ****** reading comprehension skills are LOW. Let me elaborate one time for the ignorant.

Lean originated in Tx (one of its nicknames is simply "Texas"). Sizzurp was a hit song back in the day, and featured the legends Pimp C and Bun B. From Texas. They paid homage to them
because that was their culture. Just like they did with Rainbow colors with Flip.

That culture stayed in Texas. ****** wasnt pouring up a 4 because Juicy J and Dj Paul made a song about it back in 99, it was still a texas thing. Nowdays, ppl ARE drinking lean and popping molly because Juicy J is making music about it,because that IS WHATS BEING PUSHED TODAY AS "HOT".

And dawg said Juicy J been trippy since day one. Blatant ignorance. Like he been talking bout zips and double cups since 94. Three Six Mafia were not known for being "trippy". They made beat yo ***** club bangers, robbing, killing, PIMPING *******,etc. Juicy j would make a "who run it" today? One hitta quitta? Have you ever heard classic 36 or are you just talking out the side of your neck?
Just about everything you posted is wrong.

It's not about defending big business, it's about y'all constantly blaming some boogeyman in a suit for your problems instead of addressing the root cause.​

I fail to see how rappers who sometimes struggle to get a release date are being "pushed" upon us. :lol:

:stoneface:

I guess Face, a man who has been at every level of the game (rapper, exec, and now a fan), believes in a boogieman in a suit as well. Seeing as he's dealt with him first hand and all. But you know better tho right?

And they have no reason to, they're in the business of making money and feeding their families.

Whoop there it is.

I got a feeling you not even from the south.
Do you even know who was talking all that " lean" talk from HOUSTON
Yeah three six was about head bussin but they were also heavy in drug culture and the word " trippy" doesn't have to be used for him to describe drug culture
Nephew get out of here with all that Ra-ra talk
Bet you can't even name dudes in three six mafia or can you even name the white boy that rolls with him
Tell you what this is a dumb conversation to begin with and your Wikipedia answers have been good
Do some more Wikipedia surfing and come up with the answers
Better yet ill leave this song with you since it came out in 2010

I stand by what I said
Also pills have been talked about before but because of one lame nephew named Trinidad James it has blown up
I'll leave this here too

No even going to rebuttal you off the dumb ish
Continue tryin to sound knowledgeable about drug culture that is killing hip hop music

Wikepedia answers, lol might just sound like it because i actually know what the **** im talking about. Thats the thing, Im NOT from the south. Im from Detroit. NOBODY here was drinking lean before 2010, NOBODY. That **** is EVERYWHERE now (as you see in the pics). How did we get on it? Rap music and its new obsession with these drugs. Juicy J's songs and music prior to 10 didnt influence nobody to drink lean and pop pills, nobody that probably didnt already do it that is. I seen it 1st hand, I seen ****** that wouldnt even hit the blunt in 09 pouring up and smoking daily. Imagine RAP being this big during the crack era. Blacks would be damn near extinct by now. Imagine them pushing a rapper who talking about indulging in smoking crack.

****** turned this into a juicy j thread when all i was saying is he is NOT the main reason for this. Just a part of the big pucture. He didnt make "im on one", he didnt make zan wit that lean, he didnt turn Miley into Molly Cyrus.

Im done wit u ****** because at this point, i dont even know what im debating. Wise man said never argue wit fools...

It's not about defending big business, it's about y'all constantly blaming some boogeyman in a suit for your problems instead of addressing the root cause.​

I fail to see how rappers who sometimes struggle to get a release date are being "pushed" upon us. :lol:

You ever hear nicki minaj star ships?

You don't think anyone behind the scene is a puppet master? :lol:

I fail to see how rappers who sometimes struggle to get a release date are being "pushed" upon us.
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

I guess Face, a man who has been at every level of the game (rapper, exec, and now a fan), believes in a boogieman in a suit as well. Seeing as he's dealt with him first hand and all. But you know better tho right?

And they have no reason to, they're in the business of making money and feeding their families.

Whoop there it is.
Quote me where I said Scarface believes in a boogeyman in a suit. I said y'all do though.

Scarface said that hip hop is white in that the men who sign talent are out of touch with the culture, and that it's more politically correct, softer, and more pop, and that eventually the face of hip hop will get replaced just like rock and roll, and that in 25 years "Elvis" will be the face of hip hop, but then how would that work if the big bad white man is forcing the culture to do lean and pills and sell drugs?
smile.gif

How can you be pop/too politically correct/too white and forcing a culture to do drugs?

Which one is it? Is hip hop too white or is it too drug/murder influenced?
laugh.gif
You ever hear nicki minaj star ships?

You don't think anyone behind the scene is a puppet master?
laugh.gif
Nicki Minaj started making music like that because those pop song checks and (as a result of making songs like Starships) those American Idol checks look hella better than Itty Bitty Piggy checks
laugh.gif

A song like Starships allows her to do things like a makeup line, a doll line, or whatever else she's doing. She's getting more opportunities that she would if she was a strictly rap artist. Opens a whole lot more doors.

She tryna eat lol. Me nor you would buy a Nicki Minaj album or run around swearing by her as our favorite rapper even if she was spitting hard ****. She knows her lane bruh.

Last edited:
Quote me where I said Scarface believes in a boogeyman in a suit. I said y'all do though.​

Scarface said that hip hop is white in that the men who sign talent are out of touch with the culture, and that it's more politically correct, softer, and more pop, and that eventually the face of hip hop will get replaced just like rock and roll, and that in 25 years "Elvis" will be the face of hip hop, but then how would that work if the big bad white man is forcing the culture to do lean and pills and sell drugs? :smile:

How can you be pop/too politically correct/too white and forcing a culture to do drugs?​

Which one is it? Is hip hop too white or is it too drug/murder influenced?​

You can't be this dense. You're warping the words of Face and the people in this thread in order to suit your point. I didn't say anything about artists and push and anything else. Just simply mirroring what Face said. The whole purpose of Face rant was about integrity in the game and everything you post is completely opposite of that.

If you're not gonna act like you don't know what "pop" means then their is no purpose in typing. Pop=pc=too white? What? Too white = not murder? WTF are you talking about? Face didn't say anything about the color of the artists or fans because that's wholly irrelevant.

You know what just forget it Silly/FutureRN there's no point. :x

There is a reason that social & politically conscience rappers don't get heard on mainstream radio some of ya'll dudes don't get the big picture still..

Again, being in the South, I can tell you Soulja Boy, as corny as he was/is and as corny as that song was/is, dude grinded hard, and got a strong following in the South years before 2007 when he was signed. He was easily popular on his own through utilizing the internet way back in like 05-06. Crank That was out for a while before it got "re-released" in 07 and a professional video was done. D4L got it on their own too with Laffy Taffy. Same with Trinidad James.​

Once again, all songs THEY wanted to make, that THE PEOPLE supported without any forced radio spins.​

Also interesting how y'all keep mentioning James and co, but conveniently leave out Kendrick, or Macklemore. Who not only have been wildly successful through the numbers, and thus are getting promotion and shine because the label sees that they make money, and did so on their own.​

Macklemore is white , so he doesn't apply . Kendrick and J. Cole are exceptions ; but 2 out of many doesn't change the fact that the Rap music that is being pushed in the mainstream nowadays is mindless and ignorant . the face of "black males" in our country come from the images and songs being pushed by the mainstream media , and right now its guys with wild dreads and gold teeth in animal print outfits rapping about dying in Louis and Gucci stores

There is a reason that social & politically conscience rappers don't get heard on mainstream radio some of ya'll dudes don't get the big picture still..

LOL the reason is nobody wants to hear them... People want to hear party ********. They dont want to think.

LOL the reason is nobody wants to hear them... People want to hear party ********. They dont want to think.
Yea really **** thinking bout important issues lets just party our lives away..smh that's what these rappers are putting in the younger generation head..sad but true i feel where you coming from homie

and why do you think that is ? what did the media and GOVERNMENT do to groups like NWA and Public Enemy that were gaining steam and were against the power system ?

Sheep mindset.
http://hiphopandpolitics.wordpress....he-facts-about-hip-hop-and-prison-for-profit/
Jailhouse Roc: The FACTS About Hip Hop and Prison for Profit [/SIZE

GoldenUndergroundTV recently released an interview I did with them late last year. I got a bit animated at the end. Only so many interviews in a row I could handle being asked about Chief Keef.

My tirade wasn’t really about Chief Keef. It wasn’t about Gucci Mane or Wocka Flocka or any of the acts spontaneously catapulted into stardom by synchronized mass media coverage despite seemingly universal indifference (at the very best) regarding their talent. Whose arrests, involvement in underaged pregnancies, concert shootouts, and facial tattoos, dominate conversation for weeks at a time, with their actual music a mere afterthought, if thought of at all.

My tirade was about marketing. It was about media powers seeking out the biggest pretend criminal kingpins they can find, (many of whom who shamelessly adopt the names of actual real life criminal kingpins like 50 Cent and Rick Ross), and exalting them as the poster children for a culture. It was about an art form reduced to product placement, the selling of a lifestyle, and ultimately, a huge ad for imprisonment.

This is not my opinion.

Corrections Corporation of AmericaLast year Corrections Corporation of America (CCA), the biggest name in the private prison industry, contacted 48 states offering to buy their prisons. One stipulation of eligibility for the deal was particularly bizarre: “an assurance by the agency partner that the agency has sufficient inmate population to maintain a minimum 90% occupancy rate over the term of the contract.

What kind of legitimate and ethical measures could possibly be taken to ensure the maintenance of a 90% prison occupancy rate?

Two months later an anonymous email was sent out to various members of the music and publishing industries giving an account of a meeting where it was determined that hip-hop music would be manipulated to drive up privatized prison profits. Its author, despite claiming to be a former industry insider, did not provide the names of anyone involved in the plot, nor did he specify by which company he himself was employed. As such, the letter was largely regarded as a fraud for lack of facts.

Here are facts:

Ninety percent of what Americans read, watch and listen to is controlled by only six media companies. PBS’s Frontline has described the conglomerates that determine what information is disseminated to the public as a “web of business relationships that now defines America’s media and culture.” Business relationships. Last year a mere 232 media executives were responsible for the intake of 277 million Americans, controlling all the avenues necessary to manufacture any celebrity and incite any trend. Time Warner, as owner of Warner Bros Records (among many other record labels), can not only sign an artist to a recording contract but, as the owner of Entertainment Weekly, can see to it that they get next week’s cover. Also the owner of New Line Cinemas, HBO and TNT, they can have their artist cast in a leading role in a film that, when pulled from theaters, will be put into rotation first on premium, then on basic, cable. Without any consideration to the music whatsoever, the artist will already be a star, though such monopolies also extend into radio stations and networks that air music videos. For consumers, choice is often illusory. Both BET and MTV belong to Viacom. While Hot 97, NYC’s top hip hop station, is owned by Emmis Communications, online streaming is controlled by Clear Channel, who also owns rival station Power 105.

None of this is exactly breaking news, but when ownership of these media conglomerates is cross checked with ownership of the biggest names in prison privatization, interesting new facts emerge.

Vanguard GroupAccording to public analysis from Bloomberg, the largest holder in Corrections Corporation of America is Vanguard Group Incorporated. Interestingly enough, Vanguard also holds considerable stake in the media giants determining this country’s culture. In fact, Vanguard is the third largest holder in both Viacom and Time Warner. Vanguard is also the third largest holder in the GEO Group, whose correctional, detention and community reentry services boast 101 facilities, approximately 73,000 beds and 18,000 employees. Second nationally only to Corrections Corporation of America, GEO’s facilities are located not only in the United States but in the United Kingdom, Australia and South Africa.

You may be thinking, “Well, Vanguard is only the third largest holder in those media conglomerates, which is no guarantee that they’re calling any shots.” Well, the number-one holder of both Viacom and Time Warner is a company called Blackrock. Blackrock is the second largest holder in Corrections Corporation of America, second only to Vanguard, and the sixth largest holder in the GEO Group.

There are many other startling overlaps in private-prison/mass-media ownership, but two underlying facts become clear very quickly: The people who own the media are the same people who own private prisons, the EXACT same people, and using one to promote the other is (or “would be,” depending on your analysis) very lucrative.

Such a scheme would mean some very greedy, very racist people.

There are facts to back that up, too.

Prison industry lobbyists developing and encouraging criminal justice policies to advance financial interests has been well-documented. The most notorious example is the Washington-based American Legislative Council, a policy organization funded by CCA and GEO, which successfully championed the incarceration promoting “truth in sentencing” and “three-strikes” sentencing laws. If the motive of the private prison industry were the goodhearted desire to get hold of inmates as quickly as possible for the purpose of sooner successfully rehabilitating them, maintenance of a 90% occupancy rate would be considered a huge failure, not a functioning prerequisite.

Likewise, the largest rise in incarceration that this country has ever seen correlates precisely with early-80′s prison privatization. This despite the fact that crime rates actually declined since this time. This decreasing crime rate was pointed out enthusiastically by skeptics eager to debunk last year’s anonymous industry insider, who painted a picture of popularized hip-hop as a tool for imprisoning masses. What wasn’t pointed out was that despite crime rates going down, incarceration rates have skyrocketed. While the size of the prison population changed dramatically, so did its complexion. In “‘All Eyez on Me’: America’s War on Drugs and the Prison-Industrial Complex,” Andre Douglas Pond Cummings documents the obvious truth that “the vast majority of the prisoner increase in the United States has come from African-American and Latino citizen drug arrests.”

war-on-drugsAdd to this well-documented statistics proving that the so-called “war on drugs” has been waged almost entirely on low-income communities of color, where up until just two years ago, cocaine sold in crack form fetched sentences 100 times as lengthy as the exact same amount of cocaine sold in powdered form, which is much more common in cocaine arrests in affluent communities. (In July 2010 the oddly named Fair Sentencing Act was adopted, which, rather than reducing the crack/powder disparity from 100-to-1 to 1-to-1, reduced it to 18-to-1, which is still grossly unfair.) This is not to suggest that the crack/powder disparity represents the extent of the racism rampant within the incarceration industry. The U.S. Sentencing Commission reported in March 2010 that in the federal prison system, even where convicted for the exact same crimes, people of color received prison sentences 10% longer . Where convictions are identical, mandatory minimum sentences are also 21% more likely for people of color.

Finally, let us not forget the wealth of evidence to support the notion that crime-, drug- and prison-glorifying hip-hop only outsells other hip-hop because it receives so much more exposure and financial backing, and that when given equal exposure, talent is a much more reliable indicator of success than content.
Mos def

Yasiin Bey aka Mos def

Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def) put it best; “‘hip-hop” is just shorthand for ‘black people.’” Before our eyes and ears, a “web of business relationships that now defines America’s media and culture” has one particular business raking in billions of dollars while another defines the culture of a specific demographic as criminal. Both business are owned by the same people. Mainstream media continue to endorse hip-hop that glorifies criminality (most notably drug trafficking and violence), and private prison interests, long since proven to value profits over human rights, usher in inmates of color to meet capacity quotas. The same people disproportionately incarcerated when exposed to the criminal justice system are at every turn inundated with media normalizing incarceration to the point that wherever there is mainstream hip-hop music, reference to imprisonment as an ordinary, even expected, component of life is sure to follow.

Conspiracy theorists get a lot of flak for daring entertain the notion that people will do evil things for money. Historical atrocities like slavery and the Holocaust are universally acknowledged, yet simultaneously adopted is the contradictory position that there can’t possibly be any human beings around intelligent enough and immoral enough to perpetrate such things. Even in the midst of the Europe-wide beef that was actually horse-meat fiasco, and the release of real-life nightmare documenting films like “Sunshine and Oranges,” there is an abundance of people content to believe that the only conspiracies that ever exist are those that have successfully been exposed.
The link between mass media and the prison industrial complex, however, is part of a very different type of conversation.

The information in this article was not difficult to find; it is all public.

This is not a conspiracy. This is a fact.

Again, being in the South, I can tell you Soulja Boy, as corny as he was/is and as corny as that song was/is, dude grinded hard, and got a strong following in the South years before 2007 when he was signed. He was easily popular on his own through utilizing the internet way back in like 05-06. Crank That was out for a while before it got "re-released" in 07 and a professional video was done. D4L got it on their own too with Laffy Taffy. Same with Trinidad James.​
Once again, all songs THEY wanted to make, that THE PEOPLE supported without any forced radio spins.​
Also interesting how y'all keep mentioning James and co, but conveniently leave out Kendrick, or Macklemore. Who not only have been wildly successful through the numbers, and thus are getting promotion and shine because the label sees that they make money, and did so on their own.​
Macklemore is white , so he doesn't apply . Kendrick and J. Cole are exceptions ; but 2 out of many doesn't change the fact that the Rap music that is being pushed in the mainstream nowadays is mindless and ignorant . the face of "black males" in our country come from the images and songs being pushed by the mainstream media , and right now its guys with wild dreads and gold teeth in animal print outfits rapping about dying in Louis and Gucci stores
So if 2 Chainz and Trinidad James didn't make party music, who would? Or would parties and clubs not exist in y'alls fantasy of a world where everyone was a conscious rapper?

Y'all out here serious 24/7
laugh.gif

Someone please show me a "positive" rapper who's gotten a following on their own as large as Kendrick, Cole ("exceptions"
laugh.gif
or do they just make good music and got popular on their own, therefore, labels invested in them
nerd.gif
), Drake, ASAP Rocky, Wale? Please do not post someone with 100k bought YouTube views

Back
Top Bottom