"Hip-Hop is white now" - Scarface

You missing the point completely ..

You can't be that dense .. But then again you're showing me that you are.

As much diversity there is musically .. Only the same negative **** is promoted

And all them ****** you named talk the same ****, same ******** face is complaining about ..

Them ****** are not diverse outside of Kendrick ..

******g other ****** chicks .. Slang bricks .. Drinking lean ( none of these ****** are from Texas) .. Popping Molly .. Getting money

All these ****** rap about the same ****.

And that's all that is promoted.

Last edited:
Instead of responding to all of that centered foolishness, I'm just gonna say this.

Look at what these execs have done to R&B in the last decade and a half. It's damn near been phased out, and now all that's left is this crossover pop bull.

What makes you think the same thing won't happen to rap?

The soul is literally getting sucked out of black music everyday and so many people are oblivious to it.

Last edited:
Instead of responding to all of that centered foolishness, I'm just gonna say this.

Look at what these execs have done to R&B in the last decade and a half. It's damn near been phased out, and now all that's left is this crossover pop bull.

The soul is literally getting sucked out of black music everyday and so many people are oblivious to it.
Don't even follow R&B like that, and I am tired of that David Guetta, EDM sounding stuff so I can even really speak on that, but even on that, didn't Frank Ocean do like 100k, Weeknd sold good too can't remember the exact numbers, and guys like Jeremih and Miguel are pretty popular . . . and as a result, we see guys like Chris Brown who did some of that EDM stuff, try to be different and drop something like Fine China because he sees the EDM trend dying . . .

And it won't happen to rap because while there are alot of gimmicks, the fact still remains that in order to push 200, 500, 700k+, you still gotta put out a quality product or in the case of Wayne/Nicki, just have an extremely loyal fanbase . . . Guys like TI, Drake, Kanye, Jay, Kendrick, Rocky, Cudi, Ross, etc. earn their good record sales by putting out a quality product time and time again.

Meanwhile someone like Tyga (who at one time was kinda dope IMO) who relies on the same DJ Mustard beat formula, and makes songs about trends like Mollies and snapbacks, he might have a hot song on the radio, but his album is only gonna sell 50-80k.

All I'm saying is that labels push what's popular . . . there's nobody that has millions of fans that's not getting shine . . . if the labels see that someone is gonna sell records, then they're gonna get promoted . . .

Personally I think it's easier for y'all to blame white people for "ruining" black music than it is to admit that y'all don't buy records like you should.

If _______ was selling hundreds of thousands of records first week, making money for the label, then ________ would be all over the radio and TV.

Last edited:
Rap has been pop for almost a decade now. Every now and then we will get a gem of an album(Kendrick) or an exemplary mix tape(ASAP, Krit ect..) I mean those projects really made my jaw drop for real, not just for todays music, but against the timeline of rap, but for the most part it all sounds the same. ****, you even have different genres within rap itself now. Identity out the window, and the game got nobody to blame but itself. Albums used to be albums, not just singles copied and pasted together like a collage. This hasn't just happened to rap, but music in general. Oh we'll, lets me expand into other genres, because now only so much depth can be found in the game.

this blame the industry **** is played. The artist fail to evolve with the times. You think the same people writing for Justin, Allen stone, Adele and thicke couldn't pass it off to Chris brown? R&b is more suffering from a lack of talent IMO.

this blame the industry **** is played. The artist fail to evolve with the times. You think the same people writing for Justin, Allen stone, Adele and thicke couldn't pass it off to Chris brown? R&b is more suffering from a lack of talent IMO.
Fail to evolve with the times? What do you mean?

How do you explain this EDM wave all "R&B" artists are trying to ride? 

Drake, Rocky, Ross, Kendrick, and Future are the biggest rappers out right now and they all sound NOTHING alike.

What one sound is dominating?
CLEARLY I'm talking about a content standpoint.

Outside of Kendrick...none of those other guys are going to tell me anything that the other isn't.

These are just some cats I like but don't get airplay(outside of K.L. And J.Cole)
Casey veggies
Schoolboy q( pretty much all black hippie crew)
Cool kids( for that 80s throw back party rap)
PAC Div
Big Krit
Dom Kennedy
Currensy
Action Bronson
Yelawolf
Starting to like Joey badass( from the couple of songs I have heard)
Danny brown
Fashawn
The music is out there but these types don't get played unless in there respective region
And there's plenty more but at the end of the day it's up to you to find it and stop letting payola and radio dictate your listening habits

Last edited:
Fail to evolve with the times? What do you mean?

How do you explain this EDM wave all "R&B" artists are trying to ride? 
Miguel? frank ocean? Saadiq? heck even thicke, adele, and timber lake got some og r&b feel. Maybe try switching it up?

The issue here with most of you seems to be airplay? Yet insist these songs on the radio are trash? Yet everyone agrees these songs are hits, albeit horrible ones- Going in circles. It's still a business, and honestly touring is the real bread, and bands from the nineties that stayed on their game are still caking. You ever been to a maxwell concert that didn't sell out?

Last edited:
Drake, Rocky, Ross, Kendrick, and Future are the biggest rappers out right now and they all sound NOTHING alike.

laugh.gif

A$AP Rocky?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

A$AP Rocky?

laugh.gif
What makes him not one of the biggest rappers right now? Who could replace him on that list of the Top 5 Hottest?

Has been touring pretty much since his first tape came out a year and some change ago, stays on the radio, has commercials on National TV, sells out shows, influences the way the youth dresses, influenced who knows how many of those corny "REPLVCE YOUR A'S WITH V'S" clothing lines . . . all this in less that 17 months from his VERY FIRST MIXTAPE . . . some dudes be grinding for years and years and don't even sniff that shine

ASAP and OF movements are the biggest in the past few years of rap . . . Rocky coming up is even allowing him to let some of the subpar rappers in his crew get shine, a la Ferg

Only people who have had as much of an impact on rap culture in the past 12 or so months has been Kendrick (which is really only because GKMC was such a refreshing album), and Tyler The Creator and he probably doesn't care about being a "hottest" MC so he drops his music, does his shows, and goes back to chilling

I think alot of yall let personal tastes of music get in the way of seeing who is obviously putting in work

Who would be replacing him?

Last edited:
Did a search for #poup (pour up) on ig...

Last dude indicting himself so i aint crop his name...This is the result of rap's influence today. Everybody get high off lean, bars, tree, molly etc....
A large part of this has to do with (if we're gonna blame rappers) Juicy J who was definitely not controlled by any suits . . .

Did you really just blame Juicy J out of all ppl? Try Future, Try Ross, ASAP, Trinidad, Drake, Wayne,...pretty much everybody with a few exceptions. Everything these dudes talk about will be coming to a hood near you, if not already.

Did you really just blame Juicy J out of all ppl? Try Future, Try Ross, ASAP, Trinidad, Drake, Wayne,...pretty much everybody with a few exceptions. Everything these dudes talk about will be coming to a hood near you, if not already.
Wayne and Juicy J were talking about it years before Rocky and Ross . . . like 08 . . . Juicy had that hole Trippy movement long before Future really blew up . . . Future was on the wave too but way before he was signed . . . Trinidad James
laugh.gif
. . . . the molly line was catchy but you definitely overrating his effect of making the drug rise in popularity . . .

Wayne and Juicy J were talking about it years before Rocky and Ross . . . like 08 . . . Juicy had that hole Trippy movement long before Future really blew up . . . Future was on the wave too but way before he was signed . . . Trinidad James
laugh.gif
. . . . the molly line was catchy but you definitely overrating his effect of making the drug rise in popularity . . .
So you just gonna exclude the ENTIRE state of texas?

laugh.gif
So you just gonna exclude the ENTIRE state of texas?
Que? I thought the point he was trying to make was that "suits" are pushing ridiculous amounts of drug intake to the youth through rap and I was saying that dudes been making that drugged out type of music that they chose to make because they wanted to, long before there was even the possibilty of label execs "influencing" them

Of course Texas plays a role but that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand

Just finished watching the vid, and I don't see how anyone who has been listening to rap/hip hop for a very long time couldn't get what Scarface was saying. Everything he said was on point, though I will say "pop" instead of "white", even if that may be true. One of the points he made about people who have no idea about the culture being involved is so true. To make a bit of a comparison, it's like taking an College Anatomy class, but you're being taught by a middle school History teacher. Or you need to improve the play of your defensive backs, and you hire a Cycling coach. That's one thing that disgusts me about rap/hip hop for awhile now, too many people who have nothing to do with it being involved, and that directly correlates with the types of consumers of it.

Also, I refuse to believe that the other entities don't control what is being heard on a large scale. You'd be a fool to think otherwise. There was an article being on here way back showing that as of either 2010 or 2011, only 3 major companies control what is broadcasted across airwaves in the US. 3 companies, 50 states. So you're telling me that all the paying and non-paying consumers of rap/hip hop like the same rotating songs? :lol: Please, check your Houston, LA, Atlanta, Memphis, NY, Miami, etc etc playlists, along with the small cities/towns on the outskirts, and i guarantee you 95% of it is the same rotating stuff. It wasn't always that way. Rap/hip hop (and R&B and even certain rock genres) have nearly been monopolized. A segment of the consumers are to blame, but these giant corporations have an even larger hand in it.

Back
Top Bottom