"Hip-Hop is white now" - Scarface

Wayne and Juicy J were talking about it years before Rocky and Ross . . . like 08 . . . Juicy had that hole Trippy movement long before Future really blew up . . . Future was on the wave too but way before he was signed . . . Trinidad James :lol: . . . . the molly line was catchy but you definitely overrating his effect of making the drug rise in popularity . . .​

Everybody and they grandma knew the line "popped a molly, im sweating", say that line anywhere and its guaransheed somebody nearby yelling Woo!" You know that.

Im laughing that you keep bringing up Juicy J like he been popping when he is basically a new artist. This trippy guy been around since about 2010, but didnt start popping until last year after Bands make her dance got hot. Im saying that to say, he doesnt play a bigger part in this than a future, 2 chainz, Drake,Keef, the usual suspects. Thats whats hot now. Rappers have ALWAYS talked about drugs, but you are ignorant(not an insult) if you think it was even 1/10 of this type of drug influence music on the radio in other eras.

Juicy j is a new artist?????
Tf is going in this thread now
So three six mafia never existed???
Juicy j been trippy his whole damn career
And lean has been around since 93-94
If you from houston you know what it
Is( fat pat,big moe(purple stuff),dj screw, ugk( particularly pimp c)
And the whole trill movement started with that man and I know he is turning in his grave with all this ASAP ish
This thread proves that the industry latches on to things that has been out for years and takes the most negative connotations of black culture to sell to young, impressionable minds that don't even know history of hip hop
We sold "her" to the suits once again not to be poor or broke anymore after they destroyed our communities with crack
Yes hip hop is own by white men now and they can push there agenda
Like I said there is good hip hop out there and some good white artist that talk about what's relevant to them besides em but at the end of the day this ish will be fazed out and it will most definately have a different look, if you think it's all a conspiracy, you are completely delusional just like juicy j hasn't been trippy all his damn life...
What the hell you think "sippin on some sizzurp" was
Smdh

Last edited:
Everybody and they grandma knew the line "popped a molly, im sweating", say that line anywhere and its guaransheed somebody nearby yelling Woo!" You know that.

Im laughing that you keep bringing up Juicy J like he been popping when he is basically a new artist. This trippy guy been around since about 2010, but didnt start popping until last year after Bands make her dance got hot. Im saying that to say, he doesnt play a bigger part in this than a future, 2 chainz, Drake,Keef, the usual suspects. Thats whats hot now. Rappers have ALWAYS talked about drugs, but you are ignorant(not an insult) if you think it was even 1/10 of this type of drug influence music on the radio in other eras.

What? :rofl:

****** reading comprehension skills are LOW...Juicy J reinvented himself around 2010 with a whole new sound and whole new fanbase. He always talked about drugs but not to this extent. "Juice got weed, Juice got pills, Juice got that work on the corner cutting deals" and "Rainbow colors in my cup" or "I gotta stay high til i die"...those songs sound a tad bit different than "Zip and a double cup" "geeked up off them bars".

Show me ONE mention of Juicy J saying "trippy prior to 2010...I'll wait.

I don't think he started saying trippy until a few years ago but dude has always talked about heavy drug use. Sippin On Sizzurp came out in what 99 :lol:

Last edited:
****** reading comprehension skills are LOW...Juicy J reinvented himself around 2010 with a whole new sound and whole new fanbase. He always talked about drugs but not to this extent. "Juice got weed, Juice got pills, Juice got that work on the corner cutting deals" and "Rainbow colors in my cup" or "I gotta stay high til i die"...those songs sound a tad bit different than "Zip and a double cup" "geeked up off them bars".

Show me ONE mention of Juicy J saying "trippy prior to 2010...I'll wait.
Juicy j never reinvented himsel, dude been the same since day one
It's just youngins are getting hip to him now and the sound of music just came back around to low brow bars and lyrics
That man has been " trippy" from jump

Meh, I see what he's saying but he just didn't say it correctly.

Juicy J reinventing himself? Lol , pretty much sums up what the video is talking about.

Last edited:
Im not disputing he talked about drugs since forever, nowhere near as much now. Sipping on some sizzurp didnt have ppl outside of tx drinking lean...a zip and a double cup did though.

That being said, as i was saying, he's no more responsible for the molly/lean/tree explosion than everybody else making the same music, praising the same ****. This is whats hot now and whats being pushed to the masses. The pics i posted above proves how ppl are influenced by it.

the whole "thug"/"gansta" rap image ruined hiphop/r&b. It's like if you aint rapping about money, drugs, and women, you soft. People can't rap about just having a good time anymore. Hell, even most people who call themselves "hiphop heads" be the same way.

There is literally no positive music in the black community today and that's sad. This topic about hiphop has been brought up plenty of times and exposed many times in the past decade. Blame the suits all you want but at the end of the day, consumers are still consuming it. Instead of just stating hiphop is controlled by people who don't care about it, one should be trying to form ways to protest or even counter it. Cuz its just gonna keep going on if we just keep on just talking about it.

Im still mad at R.Kelly for fudging up the R&B game though.

the whole "thug"/"gansta" rap image ruined hiphop/r&b. It's like if you aint rapping about money, drugs, and women, you soft. People can't rap about just having a good time anymore. Hell, even most people who call themselves "hiphop heads" be the same way.

There is literally no positive music in the black community today and that's sad. This topic about hiphop has been brought up plenty of times and exposed many times in the past decade. Blame the suits all you want but at the end of the day, consumers are still consuming it. Instead of just stating hiphop is controlled by people who don't care about it, one should be trying to form ways to protest or even counter it. Cuz its just gonna keep going on if we just keep on just talking about it.

Im still mad at R.Kelly for fudging up the R&B game though.
That's not true at all. There's just very little of it being pushed by the machine. There is still parity in rap. You just can't turn on the radio or tv and see it

I'll rephrase what was said above: the radio doesn't wanna play positive rap music.

Juicy J ...... Reps Texas? LOL

Where did i say that? Once again, ****** reading comprehension skills are LOW. Let me elaborate one time for the ignorant.

Lean originated in Tx (one of its nicknames is simply "Texas"). Sizzurp was a hit song back in the day, and featured the legends Pimp C and Bun B. From Texas. They paid homage to them
because that was their culture. Just like they did with Rainbow colors with Flip.

That culture stayed in Texas. ****** wasnt pouring up a 4 because Juicy J and Dj Paul made a song about it back in 99, it was still a texas thing. Nowdays, ppl ARE drinking lean and popping molly because Juicy J is making music about it,because that IS WHATS BEING PUSHED TODAY AS "HOT".

And dawg said Juicy J been trippy since day one. Blatant ignorance. Like he been talking bout zips and double cups since 94. Three Six Mafia were not known for being "trippy". They made beat yo ***** club bangers, robbing, killing, PIMPING *******,etc. Juicy j would make a "who run it" today? One hitta quitta? Have you ever heard classic 36 or are you just talking out the side of your neck?

Last edited:
I'll rephrase what was said above: the radio doesn't wanna play positive rap music because it's not what sells.
Fixed. And as far as the whole Juicy J, Rappers and Drugs debate . . .

Trinidad James, Juicy J, Drake, Chief Keef, Future have all been talking about lean and whatever drugs you wanna blame on them long before they were all signed. Nobody became some super drug endorser after they got a deal.

In Juicy's case, yes, he has been out for awhile but he didn't get poppin again until he linked up with Wiz.

Last edited:
How CAN it sell if it's not being pushed?
The same way every other artist gets noticed without a label. Drake, Keef, Kendrick, ASAP, Future, etc. weren't born with record deals. Get hundreds of thousands, millions of fans on your own, have buzzing tapes and records, consistently sell out large venues, have hot records. Once a label sees that you can make a profit and have garnered a buzz on your own, they step in to give you a larger platform.

There's not been a "positive" rap artist (whatever that even means) who's warranted the buzz of a Drake (circa 2008), Kendrick, ASAP, etc. Hence why no label is going to take a chance on them, and they have no reason to, they're in the business of making money and feeding their families.

Last edited:
This is true. I see why he said "white" given when he was coming up as a rapper. It's synonymous with pop, going commercial, and selling out.

Last edited:
Where did i say that? Once again, ****** reading comprehension skills are LOW. Let me elaborate one time for the ignorant.

Lean originated in Tx (one of its nicknames is simply "Texas"). Sizzurp was a hit song back in the day, and featured the legends Pimp C and Bun B. From Texas. They paid homage to them
because that was their culture. Just like they did with Rainbow colors with Flip.

That culture stayed in Texas. ****** wasnt pouring up a 4 because Juicy J and Dj Paul made a song about it back in 99, it was still a texas thing. Nowdays, ppl ARE drinking lean and popping molly because Juicy J is making music about it,because that IS WHATS BEING PUSHED TODAY AS "HOT".

And dawg said Juicy J been trippy since day one. Blatant ignorance. Like he been talking bout zips and double cups since 94. Three Six Mafia were not known for being "trippy". They made beat yo ***** club bangers, robbing, killing, PIMPING *******,etc. Juicy j would make a "who run it" today? One hitta quitta? Have you ever heard classic 36 or are you just talking out the side of your neck?
I got a feeling you not even from the south.
Do you even know who was talking all that " lean" talk from HOUSTON
Yeah three six was about head bussin but they were also heavy in drug culture and the word " trippy" doesn't have to be used for him to describe drug culture
Nephew get out of here with all that Ra-ra talk
Bet you can't even name dudes in three six mafia or can you even name the white boy that rolls with him
Tell you what this is a dumb conversation to begin with and your Wikipedia answers have been good
Do some more Wikipedia surfing and come up with the answers
Better yet ill leave this song with you since it came out in 2010

I stand by what I said
Also pills have been talked about before but because of one lame nephew named Trinidad James it has blown up
I'll leave this here too

No even going to rebuttal you off the dumb ish
Continue tryin to sound knowledgeable about drug culture that is killing hip hop music

its no coincidence that popular "hip hop" songs nowadays are completely mindless . you really think the likes of dudes like Wacka Flocka , Two Chainz , Trinidad James and Chief Keef would be top dogs in the game if they weren't being pushed SIGNIFICANTLY by people behind the scenes ?

its no coincidence that popular "hip hop" songs nowadays are completely mindless . you really think the likes of dudes like Wacka Flocka , Two Chainz , Trinidad James and Chief Keef would be top dogs in the game if they weren't being pushed SIGNIFICANTLY by people behind the scenes ?
Wow
How can something that sells not be pushed by someone making an investment on it? You can point fingers and say something like "yea, hip hop is white now, the Jews are pushing it with disregard to the real culture." But are we taking into account that the consumers CONSUME the product as well? I guarantee you 'pop' hip hop wouldn't be pushed if the consumer didn't want that. To make it simple, think of it like this; you own a store and you have to decide which pop soda you want to promote. Your catalog gives you 2 flavors conscious cherry, or pop blast. You put both up for sale and you start noticing pop blast outsells conscious cherry. So as a businessman, the next logical step is to push pop blast for more sales. Conscious cherry is still available, but it won't be put up on display all around the store like pop blast. Now apply that to hip hop and you get the results that we have today. A label isn't there to respect your ******g product, are you ******ed? The label sees $$$$ and that's it. Who cares if your music inspires and talks about unity and wisdom, if that **** don't sell, there's no point investing on it. Macklemore has that change and guess what, it sells. I really don't get what some of you clowns have against macklemore. His subject matter has some actual substance and people are listening. The songs carry a message and they have fun. Isn't that what you keep saying is missing from mainstream hip hop? I, for one, hope macklemore keeps succeeding just so I can enjoy a new wave of rappers with some substance in the mainstream.

I understood what 7th Mile was trying to say initially, it just got unnecessarily twisted up.

Overall, I think Scarface's message was more about the preservation of the culture of hip hop

which is why he referenced Chuck Berry and rock n roll, and the blues.  There has always been wack, irresponsible music

but there was also a sort of self policing amongst the hip hop community and it's fan regardless of who or what Pepsi or whatever brand tried to make pop...

It's not like that anymore

Last edited:
The level of stupidity being exhibited here would make me shake my head but I gotta remember where I am. This conversation is essentially how CBA/lockout talks went amongst people when they happened recently in the NFL and NBA.

How the common man can defend business/big corporations when they don't give two ***** about you boggles my mind.

Wow
How can something that sells not be pushed by someone making an investment on it? You can point fingers and say something like "yea, hip hop is white now, the Jews are pushing it with disregard to the real culture." But are we taking into account that the consumers CONSUME the product as well? I guarantee you 'pop' hip hop wouldn't be pushed if the consumer didn't want that. To make it simple, think of it like this; you own a store and you have to decide which pop soda you want to promote. Your catalog gives you 2 flavors conscious cherry, or pop blast. You put both up for sale and you start noticing pop blast outsells conscious cherry. So as a businessman, the next logical step is to push pop blast for more sales. Conscious cherry is still available, but it won't be put up on display all around the store like pop blast. Now apply that to hip hop and you get the results that we have today. A label isn't there to respect your ******g product, are you ******ed? The label sees $$$$ and that's it. Who cares if your music inspires and talks about unity and wisdom, if that **** don't sell, there's no point investing on it. Macklemore has that change and guess what, it sells. I really don't get what some of you clowns have against macklemore. His subject matter has some actual substance and people are listening. The songs carry a message and they have fun. Isn't that what you keep saying is missing from mainstream hip hop? I, for one, hope macklemore keeps succeeding just so I can enjoy a new wave of rappers with some substance in the mainstream.

over your head , clearly

push something hard enough in consumers faces and they will buy it , period . if they decided to push conscious MCs heavy on the radio over the next 3 years , thats what the country would be into . how many of us laughed when "Laffy Taffy" or "Crank Dat Superman" came out bc of how atrocious those tracks were , and now bump "All Gold Everything" and "Birthday Song"?

your store analogy doesnt work here because these people have to power to make whatever they want to be successful

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom