Hip Hop Saved My Life based on Slim Thug's Career

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by Patriots 18 1

He couldn't think of nothin...

[color= rgb(153, 204, 153)]he turns down the beat, writer's block impedes[/color]

smh...yall ninjas do this every time this track is bought up
laugh.gif

Lupe was just explaining how those sampled choruses work, I don't think Stack That Cheese was ever a Houston song, not that I recall anyway

He's basically explaining how songs get pieced together

I had a feeling he was talking about Slim, his success story is widely known and most impressive as far as Houston goes

You could tell very early that he had a better understanding of the independent rap hustle than the cats around him, after his money tripled, that's wheneveryone else started taking it more serious or started to hate on him. There were quite afew cats that people considered better than him back then but theyare nowhere to be found now

I don't listen to him that much anymore but dudes hustle is serious

I was always curious about whether or not this was loosely based off someone. Now that I know it's Slim it seems too obvious.

I kinda figured it was based off someone even though rumors were sayin otherwise. That song is def hot and UGK is the realist ppl in the game from myobservations (R.I.P. Pimp C) everytime Bun and Pimp C is mentioned it's always in a positive way. That goes to show that ppl don't forget where theycome from and that allows them to stay humble; some rappers could take a page out of their book. But on topic, that song is fire
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by Patriots 18 1

He couldn't think of nothin...

[color= rgb(153, 204, 153)]he turns down the beat, writer's block impedes[/color]

Crying from the next room a baby in need/

of some Pampers and some food and a place to sleep

Originally Posted by JohnnyCage202

Reppin' Nawf like Smiley vs. Forest Brook.
Aldine vs. Eisenhower

�and if any of yall wonder why Thugga ain't been too heavy on the scene far as releasin new stuff, I thinkit's because he getting his paper right.� He suppose to be a real estate beast and he's actually one of thesmart rappers that prepared for life after his buzz.� But he's been popular forever.� Just not nationwide.

Never met Bun but from everything I have heard he just seems like the type of dude that would pick you up and just take you a ride through his hood.

I didn't know it was a joke. Hell I really want to know if she can win a horse award lol. If she's from PA or the H I know she got some form of %!+goin' back there.

Back
Top Bottom