Hit somebody car!!!! vol. No insurance

Yo NT wassup I just got my car out of the shop, It has been in the shop for like 3 months and I just got it out, My mom took the insurance off of my car and I was planning on putting it back on this week. So just friday I was riding in the rain and tried to stop and hydroplaned into the back of another car. She just pulled into a store by where I hit her and exchanged numbers and adress because I told her I was just going to put my insurance on this week, she didnt call the police or her insurance company yet. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Can I get in trouble I know im not supposed to drive w/o insurance but she didnt call the police. Can I get my insurance put on today and then report the wreck or what? She says her parents want a new bumper but its only minor scratches and its an older model subaru outback. Please help~

You can definitely get in trouble for driving without insurance or at least not having your state's uninsured motorist fee.  Filing a false insurance claim is probably not wise either.  You would probably be best paying for her car damage out of pocket and then adding insurance to your car. 

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

You can definitely get in trouble for driving without insurance or at least not having your state's uninsured motorist fee.  Filing a false insurance claim is probably not wise either.  You would probably be best paying for her car damage out of pocket and then adding insurance to your car. 

this..

just take the L and get her a new bumper 

so there wont be a thing like my word against hers because she didnt file police report or anything at all! and she left the scene of the crime

^ What are you thinking bout doing?  Saying that you weren't there and that she's making the whole story up?  Pay to have the bumper fixed or replaced, and keep it moving.  She did you a solid by not reporting it or that would have been your ***.

Just be glad she didn't call the cops right then. Pay for the damages on her car out of pocket and be done with it.

FYI you didn't hydroplane either - you were going too fast for the conditions/ driving too close to the car in front and couldn't stop in time.

Like others said you got away with this one - just pay her and sort it out. Lucky you didn't kill someone - you'd be paying that for the rest of your life.

Generally when you try and take shortcuts or side step the system...you get screwed.  Don't try to take a short cut and save a couple hundred bucks in the short run....because in the long run it will cost you thousands or in ways you cannot fathom. 

You got lucky....don't press your luck and compound the issue by not trying to own up for the accident. 

Where are you at OP?

This crummy state of California lets uninsured drivers go cause the police refused to come out and get a report when this guy hit my car with no insurance cause no one was "hurt."

You should do the right thing though and work it out with the woman. She's nice enough to not call the police nor go through her insurance, yet.

Originally Posted by dbbabd

so there wont be a thing like my word against hers because she didnt file police report or anything at all! and she left the scene of the crime

What?! YOU left the scene of the crime - it's your fault. Period.You're lucky she was nice enough, or too dumb, to not call the police and file a report with her insurance. Way too many drivers our there with no insurance. Pay out of pocket or her insurance will come after you and then you'll end up paying way more than just a bumper.

Like it was said earlier...you're gonna have to pay for her bumper and your damages outta pocket.

One of my co workers was in the same spot a few months ago. His insurance had lapsed and he slid into the back of someone. He paid for his insurance that night and then had the victim call in the next day. He got investigated and the ins rep even told him it looked spotty.

It might be tough on your pockets but you don't want the consequences.

your an idiot, you created the crime by not driving with insurance and you hit her. Just pay for damages and keep it moving.

so the lady does you a solid and you are sitting here trying to screw her over or not talk directly with her about the problem....

this is why you can't do anyone a favor...

lady should've called the cops so you could've went to jail and had to pay the fine, and %*%$*$ up your license for driving without insurance
indifferent.gif

There goes that Yeezy money....pay out of pocket, she did you a favor, don't be grimmey fam.

Yo NT wassup I just got my car out of the shop, It has been in the shop for like 3 months and I just got it out, My mom took the insurance off of my car and I was planning on putting it back on this week. So just friday I was riding in the rain and tried to stop and hydroplaned into the back of another car. She just pulled into a store by where I hit her and exchanged numbers and adress because I told her I was just going to put my insurance on this week, she didnt call the police or her insurance company yet. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Can I get in trouble I know im not supposed to drive w/o insurance but she didnt call the police. Can I get my insurance put on today and then report the wreck or what? She says her parents want a new bumper but its only minor scratches and its an older model subaru outback. Please help~
How about just be responsible and just be patient? What the hell were you thinking? I wonder if mom's gonna give you a beating now?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Just be glad she didn't call the cops right then. Pay for the damages on her car out of pocket and be done with it.
lmao, with that av mane

Back
Top Bottom