HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

It was during the same signature series run. What your saying is common place for all athlete signature shoes.

I’m not saying that it is uncommon. But it isn’t consistent, even across the Jordan signature shoes.

I CANNOT BELIEVE we are debating this yet again :stoneface:
Please let's not ruin this thread.
To anyone who thinks an OG can be a new retro colorway released years after a shoe originally debuted and was sold and went out of production to be replaced by the next year's model: you're wrong. Period. No amount of caveats and explanations and arguments and whether or not MJ wore it on or off court will change this.
The end.

The Cool Grey 11 is the only retro+ that’s better than all of the OG colorways.
1632784147011.gif

I CANNOT BELIEVE we are debating this yet again :stoneface:
Please let's not ruin this thread.
To anyone who thinks an OG can be a new retro colorway released years after a shoe originally debuted and was sold and went out of production to be replaced by the next year's model: you're wrong. Period. No amount of caveats and explanations and arguments and whether or not MJ wore it on or off court will change this.
The end.
New kids, man. Not the brightest colors in the box.

There's always endless debates and disagreements about what is and what isn't an original colorway for a particular model.

An original will always be a specific colorway that was available during the year/season that Michael Jordan wore that model. Any colorway for a specific model that came out years later will never be an original, it's just an additional color option available for consumers. Nothing will ever persuade my to change my stance on this.

Bucks or Mavs not your flavor? Nothing beats an authentic MJ Wizards jersey and Bill Kennedy agrees.

1632544266912.jpeg

I'll always dread seeing Jordan with the Wizards because it will never have the same prominence like when he was with the Bulls. It's tarnished history that I prefer not to recall. Jordan on the Wizards was equivalent to Hulk Hogan in WCW in the '90s, neither was a good thing to watch because it was legends trying to extend past glory from a bygone era.

So is that the highly unlikable bootleg low cut patent leather on the 2001 originals that Jordan is wearing in that photo? I recall the dreaded low cut patent leather is commonly identified with the XI mid-tops that were released from 2008 to 2015. Can anyone verify if that crappy cut was on any XI mid-tops that preceded 2008?

There's always endless debates and disagreements about what is and what isn't an original colorway for a particular model.

An original will always be a specific colorway that was available during the year/season that Michael Jordan wore that model. Any colorway for a specific model that came out years later will never be an original, it's just an additional color option available for consumers. Nothing will ever persuade my to change my stance on this.

I'll always dread seeing Jordan with the Wizards because it will never have the same prominence like when he was with the Bulls. It's tarnished history that I prefer not to recall. Jordan on the Wizards was equivalent to Hulk Hogan in WCW in the '90s, neither was a good thing to watch because it was legends trying to extend past glory from a bygone era.

So is that the highly unlikable bootleg low cut patent leather on the 2001 originals that Jordan is wearing in that photo? I recall the dreaded low cut patent leather is commonly identified with the XI mid-tops that were released from 2008 to 2015. Can anyone verify if that crappy cut was on any XI mid-tops that preceded 2008?

Y’all gotta take it easy on Wizards era MJ...In that last season the man averaged 37 minutes, played all 82 games (Started 67 of those)...I mean he was putting up 21 a night on average over that whole two year run...AND he turned 40 midway through his second season...As comparison Lebron did what last season? 34-35 minutes a game with 25 points average? At 36 years old…Not to debate between the two of them just as comparison :lol:

Have to give MJ some credit because it’s due for what he put down over that Wizards run…He had a basement dweller of a team in playoff contention just because he was on the floor…

Never-mind he had five games where he scored 40+, including one where he scored 51...

He wasn’t Bulls era MJ for sure, but damn if couldn’t still hold it down...

As for the patent leather, some cuts were slim even on the actual OG pairs in 95-96…Just not ALL the cuts…

77E74709-E8AD-4AC0-BB23-78B7F29A885B.jpeg

The fact that they exclusively used almost non existent PL in that era, on top of some of the worst quality materials to ever be put on their Jordan branded retro products, while regularly raising the retail price, is why most people hate those…That whole time was a slap in the face to their consumer and they didn’t give a **** because they were raising their profits every single quarter…

But I digress…Back on topic…This is an argument that’s as old as NT…Cool Grey’s are not an OG since they didn’t exist with the initial Jordan 11 run in 95-96…Same with the French Blue 7’s or the Cool Grey 9’s…Not OG’s…Space Jam’s (2016) are the only shoe that get’s a pass because even though they didn’t release with the original run, Mike still wore them as a PE so they did exist during that run…Call them an OG PE if you like…The 2000 and 2009 pairs are absolutely not OG’s either however…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom