Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Doing that right now. It's rough in Florida.

State Farm - nope, home too old
Progressive - nope, home too old
Farmers - nope, we don't cover your area
I got a place in Jersey like that. Still has an underground oil tank and only a couple insurance companies will touch it 🤬

You in Florida? I’ve been hearing that a lot about Florida peeps lately.
When I was shopping for my home owners insurance on my newest crib back in October my insurance agent was telling me "a lot of companies were gonna get wrecked by those hurricanes last year".

Florida is tough man. I hear quite a few people just straight up can't afford to insure their cribs (which is wild to me but, then again my homeowners insurance is typically well under 2K a year).

ghenges ghenges I really do wish u the best fam.

Last edited:
When I was shopping for my home owners insurance on my newest crib back in October my insurance agent was telling me "a lot of companies were gonna get wrecked by those hurricanes last year".

Florida is tough man. I hear quite a few people just straight up can't afford to insure their cribs (which is wild to me but, then again my homeowners insurance is typically well under 2K a year).

ghenges ghenges I really do wish I the best fam.
They had to pay out claims last year so they have to recoup the money this year. Sounds like the insurance companies needed insurance.

They around. Just going to be small and/or older garden style joints. My friend sold her studio condo near Adam’s Morgan for under 300k. It was only like 400sqft though.

I remember u said u were in the dmv. Where the hell is a condo for 270k lol
Nah I’m in Oklahoma City fam bam, and even at that price its not in the highly desirable part of town (those ones get over a milly). Amenities are kind of legit tho I assume they keep that indoor pool open year round but 1100 hoa is probably why so many of them are vacant/listed for sale

I was looking st this guy https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...ssage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare
1683939195805.png

2 parking spaces in the garage, indoor pool and outdoor pool, weight room and rec room, i think 24 hr doorman, and it covers some utilities. Floor to ceiling windows and 1700 sft I could let my daughters share the 2nd room. For 270 without the Hoas would be a steal, the downtown or best part of OkC imo is only like 10 minutes away really

Or this is in Deep Deuce (downtown, city center), no amenities just a s parking garage, newer but smaller and kind of blander, for almost the same price on the 2 and 2. I dont even know if this building has an elevator

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...ssage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare
1683939402069.png

Last edited:

ghenges ghenges I really do wish I the best fam.

Thanks bro. What's weird is that I don't even have a "high risk" house. Two companies said they only insure houses built after 2003 and 2005. Mine was built in 1997. My roof was replaced in 2017 due to Hurricane Irma so it is barely 6 years old. That insurance company dropped me right after that same year.

Premium went from $1800 to $2800 to now $4400 in about a 5 year span.

Florida has Citizens insurance which is ran by the government. They offer insurance to people who get rejected by private companies. They are going to give me a quote on Monday. There are a few other smaller companies I need to check out. I'll be alright even if I stick with who I have now but the market is nuts.

Thanks bro. What's weird is that I don't even have a "high risk" house. Two companies said they only insure houses built after 2003 and 2005. Mine was built in 1997. My roof was replaced in 2017 due to Hurricane Irma so it is barely 6 years old. That insurance company dropped me right after that same year.

Premium went from $1800 to $2800 to now $4400 in about a 5 year span.

Florida has Citizens insurance which is ran by the government. They offer insurance to people who get rejected by private companies. They are going to give me a quote on Monday. There are a few other smaller companies I need to check out. I'll be alright even if I stick with who I have now but the market is nuts.
It's dope that the government at least acknowledges this issue and has created an option for you guys. I'm hoping they offer reasonable rates.

Just try not to stress to much fam. I know that type of stuff can weigh heavy on a person.

My in-laws insurance in Florida just recently spiked too. Seems like it’s happening pretty frequently. My mom’s is probably going to jump soon also.

Sucks.

i don’t know what that means lol
She's going to offer you the lowest price possible in order to either flip your house for more, or sell it to another party for more. Wholesellers typically sell "the deal".

She's going to tell you she can take your house as is for X amount. It will almost always be lower than what you could get on the market but it will take far less work to get the deal done.

She's going to offer you the lowest price possible in order to either flip your house for more, or sell it to another party for more. Wholesellers typically sell "the deal".

She's going to tell you she can take your house as is for X amount. It will almost always be lower than what you could get on the market but it will take far less work to get the deal done.

Got it thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom