Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Looking for a second home in Miami.

Best area for the 25-40 year old crowd thats not TOO trendy/touristy?

Applying for a HELOC and they’re quoting me at 12% interest, yikes
Sheesh. Do they at least offer rate locks? We opened a HELOC a little over a year ago, did a couple house projects and moved some high interest debt over. Locked the rate for that balance at 6.95%. Current rate is 7.85%.

All the new builds around me are white with black trim everywhere
They just started popping up like that a couple years ago and now I see a bunch

Funny that was my approach with my house when I built it back in 2020….now there is soooo many new constructions in town with the same look 😅

big warehouses and stuff are going up like crazy over here. But yeah no one is in offices like that anymore.

80xgyc2iyn8b1.jpg

I was thinking of that talking with someone recently. Don't think I want to live around so much random foot traffic.

I don’t see the point of it either as a customer unless I need a whole house for a group or I’m somewhere with no hotel.

Yep. As a homeowner i’d hate for an airbnb house to be nearby. And as a consumer i’d much rather stay in a hotel or a nice hotel like apartment with a kitchen where stuff gets taken care of professionally. Why would i leave my house to go stay in someone else’s house makes no sense to me.

I've done air bnb a couple times. The best one was a small converted airport hangar. Slept 15 of us and had a beautiful outdoor area with grill and all. I've only done it when meeting up with groups of people on trips. I wouldn't do it for just me and the lady..

I have an AirBnb/vacation home 90 seconds from the beach here in Florida. No new bookings in past month. Some of this is because of the season (100 degrees everyday), but I do also believe things are slowing down for short terms. Thankfully we aren’t counting on that income, but it is nice to have.

There is an AirBnb directly across the street from my main home. It rents for $500-$1000 a night. We have never had issues except one time during Spring Break some college kids got drunk and went out on my neighbor’s dock. Truthfully, I don’t mind it. The house is in way better shape and much better taken care of then when it was a long term rental. They are pretty common in Florida near the water and worth the trade off vs. long term rentals.

I used to put my extra bedrooms on airbnb and it was great for additional income. The county eventually required permits for any short term stays, but the HOA banned them outright. My neighborhood isn't a hot spot with things around it, its just good for transit.

Living there, only renting rooms and only having weekday availability meant I didn't have to worry about parties. My guest were usually folks who had to come into work for a random meeting but didn't live far enough to have their job pay for a hotel.

Most of the long-term renters in my neighborhood are fine, but there's a a few (including squatters) who are annoying and I wish we didn't have to deal with if the owner could've continued with shorter rentals.

Yeah I don't know all the details, only pieces from other neighbors, but they apparently had stopped paying rent and didn't move out when their lease ended. They're no longer there and the owner ended up selling the home.

Back
Top Bottom