Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Anyone here have a "cool roof"? I am getting my entire roof replaced and I was gonna go with this blueish grey color at first but then I saw the white with the energy saver sign and looked into it and saw it can save at least 10% in month (during the summer at least) in cooling costs so I figured it would be worth it (estimated around 10k after 30 years) so I went with that option.'

Just wanted to know if anyone else had one so they could comment on actual savings and how they wear over time...

Some commercial RE news I’ve been watching:

Time to save up my coins and get this project done, did the deck last year….Hope iG to have the yard looking just like this by next summer…

7ED79CEA-CC45-4AF8-96CD-628CBB3C8CBE.png
1100C750-3C07-4AAC-9B87-9266800381D0.png

Btw I recommend this app to anyone that enjoys designing their own space, everything is scaled according to the actual dimensions of the land

Time to save up my coins and get this project done, did the deck last year….Hope iG to have the yard looking just like this by next summer…

Btw I recommend this app to anyone that enjoys designing their own space, everything is scaled according to the actual dimensions of the land
Is that really to scale.??
Is that a hot tub or a pool.?

What app is this.?

Is called Homedesign3D is a bit of a learning curve, but it allows you to design spaces that are pretty accurate to scale as long as you have the dimensions of what you are working with, I used it to design my house, made things much easier for an architect who simply had to fine tweak everything to code….but the base layout was all there….

0502F018-6DAF-4CEE-8BCC-C37B188B72B0.jpeg
D71C2B5C-2236-4F01-9FB0-12F3A4605CA5.jpeg
8A9D05A9-DF7E-4D4F-83DE-407AE2119140.jpeg

It’ll be more like a soak in pool, current dimensions while staying within town code are 8x16ft i don’t have a very big space, but I feel it Can end up looking really dope…

Is called Homedesign3D is a bit of a learning curve, but it allows you to design spaces that are pretty accurate to scale as long as you have the dimensions of what you are working with, I used it to design my house, made things much easier for an architect who simply had to fine tweak everything to code….but the base layout was all there….

It’ll be more like a soak in pool, current dimensions while staying within town code are 8x16ft i don’t have a very big space, but I feel it Can end up looking really dope…
Where did you get that outdoor rug?

This is the layout of my condo…. My pops made it on autocad... it isn’t the most current drawing since the guestroom has changed…Those rectangles in the guestroom was going to be bookshelves from Ikea for my shoes but I changed my mind having my shoes out... don't want it to get dusty so will just leave it in the boxes...I got a floor lamp, ottoman and futon in the guestroom…still trying to figure out how I want the guestroom to look... and the master that circle next to the tv is the laundry basket… I moved it to be next to my desk…
1651238019879.png

Last edited:

Looks great man... Exactly like the renderings.!
I see that you have sod down where the pool is supposed to go... Project for later down the line.??

Also noticed that you stopped the awning just shy of the patio slider... I suppose that will allow for more natural light to shine into the house..

Personally, I prefer exterior doors to have coverage from the elements...

I put down sod last year that got completely wrecked over the fall into winter because currently I have two HUGE trees completely covering my property, those will come down and the sod/grass area will be mostly replaced by bluestone where the pool will go, the least amount of grass to deal with, the better for me.

You should check out Modsy - they now do outdoor spaces too! I’ve used them a ton and can’t give them a higher recommendation

That your woman? She looks mad

Starting June 1st we can only water plants/grass once a week for 8mins. LOL

Gotta start getting bids for artificial turf...

😂😂😂😂

We need to hear some stories from you soon!

Its getting weird... trying to do what I can to hold onto this house.

Give up chunk of 401k or give up the house? I have more confidence in the housing market continuing to rise (at least in metro Denver) than I do the stock market.

Its getting weird... trying to do what I can to hold onto this house.

Give up chunk of 401k or give up the house? I have more confidence in the housing market continuing to rise (at least in metro Denver) than I do the stock market.
wild concept..

if you plan on having it for a long time, forego the 401K and that'll be your retirement.. sell it then and move in the future!

market should crash 2023-2024 due to rising interest rates but go back up.

sell now and HOPE you find a house in this crazy market... regular buyers are dying off with the 6% interest (and its getting higher) BUT the BlackRock & investors are still gunning so beware.

Lawrence Fink from Black Rock is responsible for buying up 25% of Houston TX, BTW... madness

wild concept..

if you plan on having it for a long time, forego the 401K and that'll be your retirement.. sell it then and move in the future!

market should crash 2023-2024 due to rising interest rates but go back up.

sell now and HOPE you find a house in this crazy market... regular buyers are dying off with the 6% interest (and its getting higher) BUT the BlackRock & investors are still gunning so beware.

Lawrence Fink from Black Rock is responsible for buying up 25% of Houston TX, BTW... madness
Madness for sure. Houston and I’m general TX market has been crazy recently. Idk how they do it with rentals etc since the property taxes are so high here.

Back
Top Bottom