Homeless man with golden radio voice (vid)

they gassin him..he just another tay zonday..hope he capitalizes on his 15 minutes tho

yall thats arguing about the flying thing...we were out in Vegas in August and my boy lost his id so he missed his original flight tryin to find it...he gave up looking for it and was able to get another flight and I kid you not true story...he had his bank card and he pulled up his Facebook page and they let him fly

ted-williams-o.gif

"I have decided to take my talents to the liquor store."

Originally Posted by Freeze

they gassin him..he just another tay zonday..hope he capitalizes on his 15 minutes tho

i saw him on the news last night. he has a job now so if that isnt capitalizing i dont know what is

damn he came up quick. i'm happy for the guy.

dude really does look like obama's long lost brother though

Originally Posted by oidreez

i saw him on the news last night. he has a job now so if that isnt capitalizing i dont know what is
Yeah, you don't know what capitalizing is.

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Originally Posted by oidreez

Yeah, you don't know what capitalizing is.

im sure i do but please school me

Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

Originally Posted by damn its me

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

damn its me wrote:

rashi wrote:

[h1][/h1]

[h1]'Golden Radio Voice' Guy -- Grounded in Ohio By No ID[/h1]

1/5/2011 12:55 PM PST by TMZ Staff  

The 'Golden Radio Voice' guy -- who went from homeless to overnight Internet sensation -- is struggling to board a flight to NYC because he doesn't have ID ... according to his rep (yep, he's got one now).

ed Williams' peeps tell us Ted is currently at the courthouse in Columbus, OH trying to get a copy of his birth certificate. 

Ted is supposed to be in New York tomorrow for an interview on "Today" -- but according to the rep he's been homeless for more than four years so he doesn't have ID ... and can't board a flight.

It's the first bad news Williams has had in 24 hours. He's gotten a job offer, a home offer, and a free trip home to visit his mom -- all because of the YouTube clip that went viral.

Ted's rep says having to reestablish identity is a common problem for the homeless. Let's hope someone has a plan B to get Ted to NYC.

indifferent.gif
but you do not need an ID to travel...i think TED needs to hire a new rep.
eyes.gif

Uhh,no. If you drive then you don't need one, but if you're planning to fly, you need a valid ID.

"Christmas Day bomber" didn't.
grin.gif
Legally, you do NOT have to present your ID to TSA/Airport personnel, and they still have to let you fly
tired.gif
z at least google things before saying them
grin.gif

I used to work as a ticket screener at BNA, and YES, you absolutely need an ID to fly.

And not only do you need an ID, it has to be a valid ID. It cannot be expired.

They use the ID to confirm that you are indeed the person whose name is on the boarding pass.

Otherwise anyone can use anyone elses boarding pass to get through security. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.

The only people who do not need an ID, are those under 18.

Try knowing what you are talking about before you try calling someone else out.

Back to the topic.

This is a great story. Im really happy that Ted got a second chance.
Homie, I started the topic, and NO YOU DO NOT NEED ID..i've flown, my lady has flown, as have many careless Europeans to the USA after losing their ID...c'mon son
eyes.gif
 (thats only on my side, im sure many of us have lost our across the pond...)

BTW, sorry you had to work as a ticket monkey...  I'd NEVER give you a job at google, searching relevance
laugh.gif

http://consumerist.com/2007/04/ask-the-consumerists-can-i-fly-with-no-id.html

and yes i now there are RARE circumstances..
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif

Thank You. Instead of just admitting he's wrong, he's making himself look like a fool.

Effective June 21, 2008, adult passengers (18 and over) are required to show a U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID that contains the following: name, date of birth, gender, expiration date and a tamper-resistant feature in order to be allowed to go through the checkpoint and onto their flight.

Passengers who do not or cannot present an acceptable ID will have to provide information to the Transportation Security Officer performing Travel Document Checking duties in order to verify their identity. Passengers who are cleared through this process may be subject to additional screening. Passengers whose identity cannot be verified by TSA may not be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint or onto an airplane.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/acceptable_documents.shtm

You can't just not have any identificaion, yet still expect to fly on a plane...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by rashi

damn its me wrote:

rashi wrote:

[h1][/h1]

[h1]'Golden Radio Voice' Guy -- Grounded in Ohio By No ID[/h1]

1/5/2011 12:55 PM PST by TMZ Staff  

The 'Golden Radio Voice' guy -- who went from homeless to overnight Internet sensation -- is struggling to board a flight to NYC because he doesn't have ID ... according to his rep (yep, he's got one now).

ed Williams' peeps tell us Ted is currently at the courthouse in Columbus, OH trying to get a copy of his birth certificate. 

Ted is supposed to be in New York tomorrow for an interview on "Today" -- but according to the rep he's been homeless for more than four years so he doesn't have ID ... and can't board a flight.

It's the first bad news Williams has had in 24 hours. He's gotten a job offer, a home offer, and a free trip home to visit his mom -- all because of the YouTube clip that went viral.

Ted's rep says having to reestablish identity is a common problem for the homeless. Let's hope someone has a plan B to get Ted to NYC.

indifferent.gif
but you do not need an ID to travel...i think TED needs to hire a new rep.
eyes.gif

Uhh,no. If you drive then you don't need one, but if you're planning to fly, you need a valid ID.

"Christmas Day bomber" didn't.
grin.gif
Legally, you do NOT have to present your ID to TSA/Airport personnel, and they still have to let you fly
tired.gif
z at least google things before saying them
grin.gif

I used to work as a ticket screener at BNA, and YES, you absolutely need an ID to fly.

And not only do you need an ID, it has to be a valid ID. It cannot be expired.

They use the ID to confirm that you are indeed the person whose name is on the boarding pass.

Otherwise anyone can use anyone elses boarding pass to get through security. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.

The only people who do not need an ID, are those under 18.

Try knowing what you are talking about before you try calling someone else out.

Back to the topic.

This is a great story. Im really happy that Ted got a second chance.
Homie, I started the topic, and NO YOU DO NOT NEED ID..i've flown, my lady has flown, as have many careless Europeans to the USA after losing their ID...c'mon son
eyes.gif
 (thats only on my side, im sure many of us have lost our across the pond...)

BTW, sorry you had to work as a ticket monkey...  I'd NEVER give you a job at google, searching relevance
laugh.gif

http://consumerist.com/2007/04/ask-the-consumerists-can-i-fly-with-no-id.html

and yes i now there are RARE circumstances..
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif

Thank You. Instead of just admitting he's wrong, he's making himself look like a fool.

Effective June 21, 2008, adult passengers (18 and over) are required to show a U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID that contains the following: name, date of birth, gender, expiration date and a tamper-resistant feature in order to be allowed to go through the checkpoint and onto their flight.

Passengers who do not or cannot present an acceptable ID will have to provide information to the Transportation Security Officer performing Travel Document Checking duties in order to verify their identity. Passengers who are cleared through this process may be subject to additional screening. Passengers whose identity cannot be verified by TSA may not be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint or onto an airplane.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/acceptable_documents.shtm

You can't just not have any identificaion, yet still expect to fly on a plane...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Did you even read what you posted from the tsa.gov website?
It clearly states that if you do not have an I.D. they will ask you for other information to prove who you say you are. It can be as simple as a credit card w. your name on it. You might have to go through a more thorough search but they WILL let you on the plane.

[h1]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...fe_patricia_kirtley_the_real_hero_of_the.html[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Behind golden-voiced Ted Williams is ex-wife Patricia Kirtley, the story's real hero[/h1]
JOANNA MOLLOY

Friday, January 7th 2011, 4:00 AM

alg_patricia_pullien_kirtley.jpg
amd_ted_williams_old_photo.jpg

LaPrete for News
Patricia Kirtley raised her and Ted Williams' four daughters, as well as one of the children he had with a druggie girlfriend.

An old photo of Ted Williams.
RELATED NEWS
Ted Williams shows off golden voice on 'Today' show
Homeless man's rise to fame shocks mom
A viral video vaulted Ted Williams and his golden voice to fame, but the real hero of this story is the woman he left behind.

Patricia Kirtley raised four daughters alone after Williams split 23 years ago and dove down the rabbit hole of drugs.

Not only that, Kirtley took in the baby boy the radioman had with another woman and raised him as her own.

Oh, and by the way, she's partially blind.

"We survived," Kirtley said Thursday in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. "My children are survivors. They know if we get a little bit that God provides, we make it into a lot. I'm a soup maker. I make potato soup and throw in a lot of vegetables and a little meat. We always ate."

Except that Williams, who seems to be a nice guy, just wasn't strong, wasn't around and wasn't contributing financially.

Kirtley had to go on the dole. "I still remember my case number," she says ruefully. She eventually went to school and got licensed as a blind vendor.

"My mother and sisters pitched in and drove me because I can't see to drive," said Kirtley, now 58, over a din of some of her 16 grandchildren playing.

As if that weren't enough, Kirtley said two of her sisters and a cousin each took in a child Williams and his druggie girlfriend couldn't, or wouldn't, care for.

"I didn't want to see those children in no foster home," she said.

Exactly. It's an all-too-familiar story to the strong members of poor communities - usually women. They are the ones who must provide the backbone, as well as the hugs, for children whose parents get hooked on drugs.

Williams called once in a while, and Kirtley would hear that baritone voice she fell in love with at first sound. They stayed friendly, and he might come for Thanksgiving dinner, but otherwise, he would remain AWOL.

Daughter Julia Pullien, 30, said she was 7 when Williams left.

"He wasn't involved," she said. "Our mom was our sole provider. She is a more than phenomenal person. My father is a nice guy, but he fell victim to the streets. We prayed for him and we worried about him, but we became accustomed to the fact that he just wasn't there."

Kirtley said the kids felt some resentment.

"They didn't understand why he was never there for their school functions, or just to help with their homework," she said.

"That's when I really could have used help, because I couldn't see their pages. My kids are really good readers, though, because I made them read everything to me out loud."

They're grown now, with jobs and kids of their own.

Maybe Williams can redeem himself personally as well as professionally.

Maybe he can be there for his grandchildren in ways he could not for his kids.

Still, all the credit must go to Kirtley, the woman who truly deserves the fame her ex has been getting the past few days.

[email protected]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rtley_the_real_hero_of_the.html#ixzz1APQOKeWG

Back
Top Bottom