Homeless man with golden radio voice (vid)

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

This story + conclusion gave me a good feeling inside. Really happy for the guy
pimp.gif

Pretty much, may his blessing continue with sobriety and a good head on his shoulders for the rest of his life.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

This story + conclusion gave me a good feeling inside. Really happy for the guy
pimp.gif

Pretty much, may his blessing continue with sobriety and a good head on his shoulders for the rest of his life.

The other vid now at 368,000 views... This dude will be on TV in the next week. Big TIME.

I hope a change like this doesn't affect him too much.

The other vid now at 368,000 views... This dude will be on TV in the next week. Big TIME.

I hope a change like this doesn't affect him too much.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

at first i was expecting the "i should tell ya mama on you" dude.

but this guy's voice really is amazing.

i never felt so earnestly for a person i never knew, but i feel him and his struggle.

like, i really wanna see this dude come up.
Same here.

pimp.gif

i never felt so earnestly for a person i never knew, but i feel him and his struggle.

Same here.

pimp.gif

I hope the dude doesn't go back to his old ways when the money starts coming in. I'm really rooting for him to succeed
pimp.gif

I hope the dude doesn't go back to his old ways when the money starts coming in. I'm really rooting for him to succeed
pimp.gif

voice like that would be awesome to have when your smashin the P

id get so silly with that

voice like that would be awesome to have when your smashin the P

id get so silly with that

Originally Posted by romedadude

Same here.

pimp.gif
eek.gif
 this is crazy!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by romedadude

Same here.

pimp.gif
eek.gif
 this is crazy!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

No BS True Story....

My college basketball team was eating at Golden Corrall in Newport News, VA and the person to refill drinks had a voice just like that.  I was like
eek.gif
.  He was booming stuff like "Ok I got ya Lemonade coming right up" So after I tell a couple of my teamates he sounds like a radio guy and we ask him.  He was a older black dude.  He said he used to work in radio a long time ago.  It's funny hearing that kind of voice say regular stuff like "The mens room is down that hall and on your left".

No BS True Story....

My college basketball team was eating at Golden Corrall in Newport News, VA and the person to refill drinks had a voice just like that.  I was like
eek.gif
.  He was booming stuff like "Ok I got ya Lemonade coming right up" So after I tell a couple of my teamates he sounds like a radio guy and we ask him.  He was a older black dude.  He said he used to work in radio a long time ago.  It's funny hearing that kind of voice say regular stuff like "The mens room is down that hall and on your left".

[h1]'Golden-voiced' homeless man lands radio spot [/h1][h2]YouTube video becomes sensation, draws attention of Ohio show [/h2]
  1. [h4]Below:[/h4]
    • x [h6]Jump to discussion comments below [/h6]
    • discussion

Advertisement | ad info

msnbc.com msnbc.com

updated 1/4/2011 9:04:57 PM ET 2011-01-05T02:04:57
COLUMBUS, Ohio â€” An Internet video of a homeless man showing off his self-described "God-given gift of a great voice" has landed him a spot on a local radio show.

A reporter from the Columbus Dispatch came across Ted Williams while Williams was panhandling near Interstate 71 recently. Williams was carrying a sign explaining he was a former radio announcer who had fallen on hard times.

"Any help will be gratefully appreciated," the sign said.

A roadside interview on YouTube demonstrates the homeless man isn't exaggerating. He's as smooth as any announcer heard on radio or television.

The popularity of the "the voice" video has soared on the Internet, spawning coverage in the N.Y. Daily Post and CBS News.

Williams said he grew up in Brooklyn, N.Y., and at 14 took a field trip to a radio station. While there, he was struck that one of the on-air announcers looked nothing like he sounded.

"Radio is a theater of the mind," the worker said. Williams was hooked. He said it took years to develop his voice and he also "went to school for it."

advertisement | ad info

Advertisement | ad info

Advertisement | ad info

"Alcohol and drugs — and few other things — became my life," he said, but since has "been two years clean."

Now, he will get another chance to unleash his voice on radio again and possibly even something more promising.

A morning radio show in Columbus called " Dave and Jimmy" plans to interview "the homeless man with the awesome voice" in studio on Wednesday, CBS reported.

"We're going to find some way to help this guy!" Dave and Jimmy said on their Facebook page.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40916364/ns/us_news-wonderful_world/?gt1=43001

Back
Top Bottom