House of Hoops releases: information ONLY!!

^ I can totally see where he's coming from, because I've done the same thing on here dozens of times; I've bought all kinds of things for people...laser IVs, foamposites, DMPs, nubuck XIIs, etc.... and any time someone I know gets a hold of me in advance about their inability to grab a pair that Ican grab, I hook 'em up for either retail + shipping, or whatever I paid + shipping (if I wasn't able to pay retail).

But if I found out that these folks all just turned around and took my favor and flipped them for theirself, I'd be hot, because I could have done the sameto them. Instead of selling for retail + shipping or whatever I paid + shipping, I could have charged them market value and made my own money instead ofhooking them up.

It's not about the money for me, it's about hooking up someone that can't them theirself. But if I found out they really didn't care about thehookup, and it's just about the money for THEM (when it wasn't about the money for ME), then... yeah, I'd be hot.

Damn no wonder you aint hit me back about them..

He's sellin em for same price you were.. Dont think he's trying to be a reseller
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I could see how you'd be angry though

Well, I did want to wear them even planned to beat the hell out of them but as everyone knows how sizing can fluctuate on different shoes. I thought I couldfit them but they were simply too big. Nothing more, nothing less.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ I can totally see where he's coming from, because I've done the same thing on here dozens of times; I've bought all kinds of things for people... laser IVs, foamposites, DMPs, nubuck XIIs, etc.... and any time someone I know gets a hold of me in advance about their inability to grab a pair that I can grab, I hook 'em up for either retail + shipping, or whatever I paid + shipping (if I wasn't able to pay retail).

But if I found out that these folks all just turned around and took my favor and flipped them for theirself, I'd be hot, because I could have done the same to them. Instead of selling for retail + shipping or whatever I paid + shipping, I could have charged them market value and made my own money instead of hooking them up.

It's not about the money for me, it's about hooking up someone that can't them theirself. But if I found out they really didn't care about the hookup, and it's just about the money for THEM (when it wasn't about the money for ME), then... yeah, I'd be hot.
you are the reason that i do still have faith in some people to get me shoes that i can't even imagine gettting because i live in HAWAII!!!

Damn no wonder you aint hit me back about them..

He's sellin em for same price you were.. Dont think he's trying to be a reseller
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I could see how you'd be angry though
Nah henz, I sold them to him because i promised him I would if our deal fell through. I just saw today he put them on ebay and when I posted myprevious comment he pm'ed saying they didn't fit. I then asked why wouldn't he then sell them to another nt'er for the same price IF hewasn't a re-seller (instead of trying to make a profit on ebay) and I told him to offer them to you or mafiasco.

It's not about the money for me, it's about hooking up someone that can't them theirself. But if I found out they really didn't care about the hookup, and it's just about the money for THEM (when it wasn't about the money for ME), then... yeah, I'd be hot.
It's not about the money for me either ska. I'm hot for the fact that I sold one of the best shoes in my collection because I just satthere and looked at them. For some reason I couldn't bring myself to wear them, and I felt that people were
mad.gif
when they didn't get a pair when they released, I was lucky enough to getthem AND I DON'T EVEN WEAR THEM! So I sold them for $20 more then what I got them for originally, the $20 was for shipping. I was just trying to do theright thing.

Nah henz, I sold them to him because i promised him I would if our deal fell through. I just saw today he put them on ebay and when I posted my previous comment he pm'ed saying they didn't fit. I then asked why wouldn't he then sell them to another nt'er for the same price IF he wasn't a re-seller (instead of trying to make a profit on ebay) and I told him to offer them to you or mafiasco.
I think my last post explains it all. Not trying to hold on to these, I have no use for them because they don't fit.

This matter is done with. Nothing else to say.

To you hookup guys... Please don't let the bad apples ruin it for those of us that really need help. I am 300 miles from the nearest city and have accessto no major drops and any help ever given if much appreciated.

Thats the reason I would never hook anyone up on here unless i know them.

Thats the reason I price things the way I price them when I sell out here.

I dont do anyone favors on niketalk unless I am also getting something out of it.

Do favors for your friends off the internet not on the internet.

^ I disagree with the whole notion of 'do favors for your friends off the internet, not on the internet'.

Mainly because there are PLENTY of people on here that I would hook up, and I don't even know what they look like.

Mainly because there are PLENTY of people on here that I would hook up, and I don't even know what they look like.
I completely agree, I have and will continue to help people out.

I remember Ska trying to help me get a pair of Foamposite when they come out. Thanks for trying Ska

^ I disagree with the whole notion of 'do favors for your friends off the internet, not on the internet'.

I respect you as a collector thats really into shoes and also as a mod off niketalk
But I dont live my life doing things for people unless I get to know them.

Heads off niketalk that I would hook up they know who they are.

2 of them post in this very thread.

Also as quiet as its kept I have done stuff for people out here and got NOTHING in return so I will never do that again.

I could count the people I will hook up off niketalk and on niketalk with on hand.

Different strokes for different folks..Not here to judge the next man really, none of us are (all though sometimes I, yes, I may do it without realizing)...butsome people got it in them to help others out just because and some dont...

.Id hook a dude up from NT if I can get somethin he cant and he obviously really wants it (and seems cool enough)...and its great to know that some people onhere would do the same...At the same time, do we have the right to EXPECT that type of kindess from someone we dont really know? not really, no...but...thatsame person who wont do it likely wont be getting any favors done for them when they need one (and that is NOT a shot at 160 or anyone else)

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

I respect you as a collector thats really into shoes and also as a mod off niketalk
But I dont live my life doing things for people unless I get to know them.

Heads off niketalk that I would hook up they know who they are.

2 of them post in this very thread.

Also as quiet as its kept I have done stuff for people out here and got NOTHING in return so I will never do that again.

I could count the people I will hook up off niketalk and on niketalk with on hand.

Damn 160, sounds like someone burned you in the past... I personally love getting the heads up on releases i didn't know about, seems like you gottapay for info nowadayz.
(what part of the game is that?)

Its not really that i got screwed but I had a agreement someone that was going to look out for me and it never happened.

Later on I come to find out someone else got the hook up that I was going to get and this other person got a deal on something that I helped out on.

Its always been my nature to be this way.

I am a very loyal person when someone does something or helps me eat and expects nothing in return I am always there for them in anything.

If I gotta lose money for that person I'll take the loss but when someone I dont know asked for a hook up and its out the blue or info on something therebest bet is ask someone else.

Thats what it's about for good or for bad if you know someone and your good with them I am more then happy to scratch there back.

If I get the info with the person not wanting anything extra he or she will know If I have the money I will hook them up.

I paid someone once $300.00 (Not at HOH) just to let me skip the line for shoes.
But that happened when I had more money to play with.

I wish I could do that and not stay in the street all night.
Only for jordans I'll pay extra.

See, I don't do things so it will come back around on me. And it's a good thing I don't, because not one person that I have helped out over theyears has EVER come back to me to hook me up; not one single time.

I would name names so they could come in here and confirm with something like 'No, it's true, he hooked me up with this or that, but I've stillnever gotten him back for that', but that would be immature of me, and I really don't care about not getting the favor returned.

Have other people hooked me up, though? Like... maybe not the specific people I helped out, but maybe other people?

No, not really. I wish, but no... it hasn't happened yet.

In fact, quite the opposite: I've had people offer to help me out, and I've ended up getting burned one way or another.

But that still wouldn't stop me from helping someone out tomorrow if I were able to.

^ Exactly. I mean, I hook up people whenever I can. I helped people out last 50% FL sale, but I can't this time so I had to tell everybody straight up.None of them ever hooked me up with anything, but I just try to look out for people when I can.

Personally (as for these HOH releases), I would try to scoop up extra pairs as well to hook up those who really want a pair (like myself to WEAR).....but beingthat these releases usually take place during the middle of the week, and everyone has a job, its very difficult to obtain QUICK STRIKE releases when its 1 percustomer. I was def. lucky during the Mr. Basketball release though.

Its not really that i got screwed but I had a agreement someone that was going to look out for me and it never happened.
Understandable. I am and have been in this situation which is im tryna hook someone up and they flake. Yes I might make $15 off it but justwasting my time is a no no.

For me its almost as bad as me getting flaked on for a hookup that I really need.

Honest to God under my "all messages" in my yuku mail I have 146, prolly had 170 total in the last 40hrs

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

^ Exactly. I mean, I hook up people whenever I can. I helped people out last 50% FL sale, but I can't this time so I had to tell everybody straight up. None of them ever hooked me up with anything, but I just try to look out for people when I can.

Personally (as for these HOH releases), I would try to scoop up extra pairs as well to hook up those who really want a pair (like myself to WEAR).....but being that these releases usually take place during the middle of the week, and everyone has a job, its very difficult to obtain QUICK STRIKE releases when its 1 per customer. I was def. lucky during the Mr. Basketball release though.

I totally agree..Matter of fact I'm wearin' my Mr.B's.

Thats too bad some of you guys got burned. Not all of us are that way. You have to keep in mind that some of us aren't in a position to help return thefavor as well. I have a hookup for the HOH stuff and he's gotten me most of the lebron stuff to roll out of there. The trick is I live in central Illinois.Nothing good anywhere near hear as far as "spots" go. So there's really nothing around here I could return the favor for. He can get all thatsaround here and more in NYC.

Back
Top Bottom