Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Rockets needed that win. A whole bunch of adversity during that game and it was great to see them rise up despite subpar play from Paul and Harden, amongst other things. They had every reason to chalk this up as a loss.

5E000995-18C5-4EF1-B7B2-9ED8D82E0588.png

I just have to guess Green did something wrong in practice or something, cause I don’t see why he’s not getting any minutes. They should really be splitting time together.

Johnson really needs to be outta the rotation when Ryno comes back.

I’m cool with him being used, cause he can make shots, but it’s the way he’s being used, just immediately put him out there with heavy minutes, instead of legitimately integrating him. They’re basically doing to him what the Texans have done with Lamar Miller

Last edited:
Great win yesterday. Nice to see some late game execution to come from behind in a close game to win it at the end.

Rough stretch continues Tuesday. Let’s see how far we can keep this streak going.

Streak continues. Thought the officiating was pretty bad tonight. I swear it felt like they were doing everything they possibly could to keep okc in the game, but then we just blew it open with 3 after 3 and there was nothing they could do at that point.

Not really worried about the bucks, but don’t want to oberlook anyone either.

Streak continues. Thought the officiating was pretty bad tonight. I swear it felt like they were doing everything they possibly could to keep okc in the game, but then we just blew it open with 3 after 3 and there was nothing they could do at that point.

Not really worried about the bucks, but don’t want to oberlook anyone either.
an OKC-Milwaukee B2B seems tough not only from a rest standpoint, but also from a physicality standpoint. we're gonna have to grind it out and earn the win. gonna be tough, but this team has been nothing short of impressive and defying our expectations

Harden has to cleanup the turnovers, he's been reverting back to bad habits with his ball handling.

Good game overall loved the balance with the shot distribution.

Only heard part of the radio broadcast and looked at the box score. Liked that there was balance in the scoring, and the fact that Green actually played :wow: :lol: gonna start some of the game tonight and finish in the morning. 50 wins :smokin if only the Warriors weren’t still winning as well

So I’m just going ahead and watching the whole thing right now, starting the 4th quarter and the TOs between Harden and EG are maddening. GSW would take full advantage of that. Everybody’s contributing though, which is great. Brewer ain’t **** trying to show out. Should’ve done that the second year in Houston you bum.

Not sure what to think about Melo. He had like 23 points, but after awhile I didn’t even notice him. Dude will probably opt-in and kill OKC’s cap, which I’m fine with. PG was fairly insignificant as well. 17 pretty empty points. My ideal scenario is for OKC to completely fall out the playoffs and go back to the drawing board.

an OKC-Milwaukee B2B seems tough not only from a rest standpoint, but also from a physicality standpoint. we're gonna have to grind it out and earn the win. gonna be tough, but this team has been nothing short of impressive and defying our expectations

Oh crap haha. Didn’t realize it was back to back. For some reason I thought we had a day in between the bucks game. Hopefully we can put them away though.

Raptors have the best home record in the league which is why I was more worried about that game before.

Milwaukee should be easy. They close out hard on shooters which leaves the middle wide open. Henson is certified trash so Clint will eat.

Toronto might be a problem though with that bench.

everybody loves James now, ha.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22669488/attacks-james-harden-defense-mostly-unfair

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/3/7/17090008/russell-westbrook-james-harden-mvp-debate

Gerald "Chuck'em" Green.... :lol: dude be firing at will. He has more (all around) game than he shows, imo.

He has to get all his shots in cause he never knows if MDA will cement him to the bench :lol: gonna watch the game later today. Only saw when it got to 4 and the Rockets went back up 9 towards the end of the third.

you guys read the steve francis piece on the players tribune? def made me feel pretty nostalgic probably because i'm a rockets fan AND from dc. also made me wish i had been able to see dream play when i was truly old enough to appreciate it. i tried finding a steve francis shirt to hoop in after reading it haha, but couldn't find one anywhere online.

if you guys didn't get a chance to read it yet:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/steve-francis-i-got-a-story-to-tell/

Finally watching Bucks/Rockets. Rockets can’t go on these turnover sprees during the playoffs against these better teams. Bucks would have taken advantage of those if their offense wasn’t so sticky and if the Rockets weren’t so experienced. Can’t wait to see this team at 100%, even though it feels like I’ve been saying that the whole season :lol: I also see that Khris Middleton was THAT guy that night :lol: he doesn’t suck though, so at least that’s good. Pretty much a fan of his life I am of Tobias Harris and Aaron Gordon.

EG getting his shot back :pimp: PJ’s consistency with the 3 for awhile :smokin I actually feel good when he shoots unlike previous times.

Off to Toronto...not sure what to expect in Toronto. Need a win regardless. Feels like we haven’t won there in ages.

Didnt we win in Toronto last year?

Just looked it up and I see we did. I guess I mostly remember the losses to them cause they’ve always been bad losses.

And it looks like currently the Rockets haven’t gotten off the plane.

Back
Top Bottom