Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Ugliest possible half. We always make a run at some point so hopefully we get it together second half.

game was exactly the same as the pelicans game.

slow start doomed them, easily won the second half. should've won if we came out with the same energy we did in the second half.

cpgawd and clint weren't good at all. had lowry, vanvleet, and JV sonning them. clint getting blocked by JV on an easy dunk and cp3 missing that 3 when we were down 2 smh.

JJ needs to not play. he killed us in this game. nene looked really bad too. need ryno to heal up soon and wright to get healthy in case we need to see what he's got in a game like this.

harden was unreal, damn near willed us to a comeback by himself

9-27 from 3 won't get it done with how we play, but credit to the Raps defense, although we missed tons of good looks

Last edited:
ugly *** game. knew we'd make a run, but not getting stops was frustrating as ****. chris paul looked absolutely awful on d first half...trying to direct the switches, but ending up in no man's land and giving up open shot after open shot.

seems like we'd make a run and make it close, but then give up a lowry 3 when he was clearly gunning and everyone could tell he was about to throw it up. feel like we had so many chances to take the lead, but we'd let up an inch and that's all they needed tonight. great resiliency, but just can't come out that ugly to start a game and expect to win.

Everyone predicted they’d make a run :lol: we all have seen this before, just sucks on this rare occasion they didn’t complete the comeback. Can’t spot another team that many points and expect to win every time, especially the top teams. Not really mad at the loss, just that it should have never got to that point. Also, MDA’s love for JJ proved costly in stretches. Unlike other fans of this team, I’m not even advocating getting him smooth out the lineup, just not totally wiping out Green’s minutes for him to play. It makes no sense.

Not like it's a surprise, but playoffs clinched...and it seems likely we're gonna keep this 1 seed too.

15 games will come and go fast: we got 1 more small road trip. NOLA (17th), Minny (18th), POR (20th)

if we can sweep that, we'd be in good form. every other game is at the crib, and no teams that scare me. Might extend the lead? :nerd:

Ok, just finished watching the Rockets/Spurs game andmoarly wanted to draw attention to this:

F2400EE8-4205-4379-877C-C1D49B90957C.jpeg

What I also heard from the previous broadcast is Joe Johnson admitted to not being in game shape and MDA trying to play him into shape, resulting in the high minutes for him. This all makes sense now. If MDA wants to get the best out of Joe, his PT will have to be no more than 10 minutes.

Loved the minute distribution other than that. It’s probably been years since Harden and Paul got rest like that :lol:

Ok, just finished watching the Rockets/Spurs game andmoarly wanted to draw attention to this:

F2400EE8-4205-4379-877C-C1D49B90957C.jpeg

What I also heard from the previous broadcast is Joe Johnson admitted to not being in game shape and MDA trying to play him into shape, resulting in the high minutes for him. This all makes sense now. If MDA wants to get the best out of Joe, his PT will have to be no more than 10 minutes.

Loved the minute distribution other than that. It’s probably been years since Harden and Paul got rest like that :lol:

I've been kinda assuming that, or MDA was trying to figure out how/when JJ fit in the roation come playoff time. I was getting a bit worried that if Green didn't play, he might lose confidence or hit a cold streak at a bad time, but credit to him any time his number is called he stays ready.

Pretty sure the Paul thing is made up and 100% rest :lol:

I think a lot of these "injuries" or "illnesses" we've had this year are made up for rest. Im ok with it too, especially since we'd really have to freefall to lose the 1 seed at this point. Only scary thing for me, is facing a healthy Spurs team in the first round. I think we'd prevail but, Spurs have been such a constant, it's hard to fathom them missing the playoffs and if they squeak in at the 8 seed and are mostly healthy they'd wear us down. Not what you want from a first round matchup with an 8 seed...

Well that game turned didn't it :lol: Showed a lot of fight from the third quarter and on. That's another game where they had every reason to lose and yet pulled through. The defense really picked up after quite a bit of matador defense and general apathy early in the game.

Letting Austin Rivers get off that much :sick:

rox.PNG

Well, at least Johnson did tangible stuff on defense, but again, those 15 minutes should be split with Green, but whatever

Back
Top Bottom