Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Rockets are killing themselves with all these mistakes, on top of the Wolves just hitting everything. The defense has been awful, getting demolished in the paint

The Rockets had every reason to gain momentum and take over this game after it was 90-99, and now it's back up to 18. That's pathetic. Rapid fire turnovers, and non-defending both in the paint and the perimeter. Teague is a good player, but come on, there's no excuse to have him looking like some elite point guard

The Rockets had every reason to gain momentum and take over this game after it was 90-99, and now it's back up to 18. That's pathetic. Rapid fire turnovers, and non-defending both in the paint and the perimeter. Teague is a good player, but come on, there's no excuse to have him looking like some elite point guard
CP3's defense (in addition to our team) this series has not looked good

upload_2018-4-21_22-55-53.png

Box score pretty much tells a lot of stuff, minus the lack of hustle. Can't say what happened in the first half, but Capela seemed to really get limited. Wolves found some way to prevent those lobs. Just a weird game, but this was pretty much the one I was gonna give the Wolves. First home playoff game in 14 years, hyped up crowd, and the Bulls seemingly shooting 90% in every facet of the game. Killed the Rockets on the boards too. Just a general lack of hustle game. So many times guys were left open, including doubling and not contesting on the perimeter. They gave up so many easy shots that the Wolves didn't have to try all that hard on the offensive end. That should be the bad game the Rockets get out of their system, so they can regroup and take one on the road as they've been nice on the road all year, then close them out at home.

upload_2018-4-21_22-55-53.png

Box score pretty much tells a lot of stuff, minus the lack of hustle. Can't say what happened in the first half, but Capela seemed to really get limited. Wolves found some way to prevent those lobs. Just a weird game, but this was pretty much the one I was gonna give the Wolves. First home playoff game in 14 years, hyped up crowd, and the Bulls seemingly shooting 90% in every facet of the game. Killed the Rockets on the boards too. Just a general lack of hustle game. So many times guys were left open, including doubling and not contesting on the perimeter. They gave up so many easy shots that the Wolves didn't have to try all that hard on the offensive end. That should be the bad game the Rockets get out of their system, so they can regroup and take one on the road as they've been nice on the road all year, then close them out at home.
Towns and the bigs are laying back when Harden/CP3 are driving. They gotta take the mid-range or use the floater game. I've been imploring for James to add the floater to his arsenal in the off-season. He could easily get 10 of those a game and add another dimension to his offensive game.

Other than the effort lacking clearly on the defensive end, I need us to up the pace. The less possessions you have, the more likely it is to be upset. Hence why the Wolves crash the boards to increase their possessions and chance of winning. We can do the same by running more instead of waiting for the defense to get set. ISOball has been killing folks, but we're plenty capable of adapting and implementing a faster pace, especially against a trash defensive team. Rose, Crawford, Teague lineup that Thibs runs for like 20 min a game should be getting destroyed every time.

TI've been imploring for James to add the floater to his arsenal in the off-season. He could easily get 10 of those a game and add another dimension to his offensive game.

Early this season, JH had his lob to Capela/floater game right. There would be times I couldn't tell which was about to happen, and that had to be tough on defenses. He needs to use the hell out of that again, in the playoffs.

We honestly looked like we were just ok with losing last game. No sense of urgency. We'll see what it looks like tonight, I'm sure you'll see us give it our best shot.

hopefully that third quarter wakes us up and gets us back on track. harden was unreal. glad he kept at it after that awful start.

fourth quarter was reminiscent of how we played after we clinched the first seed pretty much, but that's to be expected when you're up like 32 and the game is pretty much put away.

let's finish this off wednesday and wait for utah/okc.

^:rofl: :rofl:

Only saw the second half, and I loved what I saw (other than them clearly having their minds on getting on the plane for about 8 of the 12 minutes of the 4th). Harden was running while all over the Wolves in the 3rd, and the team in general just had the intensity and urgency that was completely missing from the last game. They played like they had something to prove. Let's wrap this up next game. I told people at the start of the series this would mirror last year's series with OKC and be a very exciting 5 game series.

Down by 4 and Paul/Harden haven’t even woke up yet. As soon as it happens, this game will be a blowout. They need to limit Teague and Rose those. For the most part they’ve been letting them get whatever they want this series.

Like I said :lol: :lol: good closeout win. The defense picked up and the shots started falling. That's all you can ask for. Need PJ and Ariza to continue to add in 10+ points and play defense like they did. They did a really good job stopping momentum throughout the series. Defense carried a lot of these games while the offense took time to develop. Can't have that in the later rounds.

This sequence right here :smokin :smokin

DbrcXpOWkAACmyo.jpg

Ryno should eventually round back into shape, and I'm sure Green didn't play much just due to matchups or something.
upload_2018-4-26_0-26-47.png

can't wait till Luc comes back

ideally i want the Jazz to win in 7 but it's a lot of pressure on them so I'll take a win in 6 if they can manage that.

If Utah doesn’t win the next game, I’m certain we’ll be playing okc next round. I think we’d mop the floor with Utah, but you never know what can happen against okc.

I want Utah so much more, OKC is a bunch of underacheivers... but they can easily go off. I think we match up well with Utah, and have much better talent, Hardens better than Mitchell, Capela is better that Gobert, and our bench is far superior. I do think Utah might steal at least a game though.

Back
Top Bottom