HOUSTON TEXAS, CHECK IN...SPOTS, THINGS TO DO, PLACES TO GO, ETC.ETC.

THESE ARE THE NIKETALKERS FOR THE MEETUP SO FAR.

CKAUFFMAN
BSON504
MATTUT
DEMO95KING
HTOWNTEXAN
PLAYOFF12
DAMN ITS ME
FATPAT1251
ELDERWATSONDIGGS
SMLB52
MEMPHISSFINEST

CHECK YOUR EMAIL PEOPLE. I'VE ONLY GOT A RESPONSE BACK FROM A COUPLE PEOPLE BUT AS IT STANDS IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL HAPPEN NEXT FRIDAY AT THE DAVE AND BUSTERS BY THE GALLERIA.

Originally Posted by ricky409

I can't PM cuz I'm currently browsing NT on my phone...

I wanna go, doe..

frown.gif
frown.gif
SHOOT ME AN EMAIL AND I'LL ADD YOU.

[email protected]

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by ErickM713

From the way the schedule is looking, I think I'm only hitting up the Saturday show, as much as I'd like to see Descendents, Danny Brown, and Primus, Saturday is gonna be popping 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2r58abo.jpg

Yea i think i'll hit up the Saturday shows as well

Saturday Stage 7, Black Coffee. 
If you like House Music 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've been here all my life. Feel free to PM or post more questions and I can try to help.

The upscale clubs are pretty decent but not a big production like the ones in Miami, LV, etc. people tell me about. We have a lot of nice restaurants and bars/lounges, too. I've been staying in the Galleria/Uptown area for a bit and try to go out whenever I'm not studying. I've tried a lot of good restaurants/bars, and there are still a fair amount of good ones I haven't been to. So if you like to go out, this is a good place because the city is huge and there are tons of options for every genre/scene and price range you desire. We have pretty good museums as well, and for $160/year you can get a patron-level membership that includes invites to their parties with free drinks (plus early access to the exhibits).

Also, I'd say Montrose hasn't been the "gay" area for 5+ years, now... it's about 90% "artsy" (graffiti, tattoo, hipster, etc.) and the gay crowd has been reduced to a couple blocks around Fairview.

HUH! My home base for work is on Montrose and Montrose is still very gay. Yes its artsy but they gays are very artsy.

My office is literally across the street from a lesbian bar. South Beach is barely a block from Montrose.

Pride parade was 2 weeks ago.

I am in the office now and there is a lesbian couple walking by and two dudes holding hands walking a little dog, right outside my office window.

Motrose is very gay.

Last edited:
I stay in the eastend of Houston by UH. There's this little burger place by wayside and ave C is call M&M's is so good and the price is cheap. For tacos, gorditas and tortas go to this taco stand at Canal and 66 street is call el Alacran. If you love authentic mexican food just head out to the eastend of Houston.

h-town  niketalker, was good peeps, i live off 290/1960 area orginally from the SW though, plenty of hidden gems in the city though, The Boondocks on Wednesday's have a dollar drinks, its over in westheimer near the montrose, and as far as the montrose area it is still gay, the whole artsy hipter vibe, is alive as well but its still gay, you shouldn't worry though, unless your into that type of thing o_O

5th Amendment still pops off on thursday's but it's a lil ratchet, the best spot on a wednesday though is Avant Garden, i dont know if you guys are familiar with "The Nice GUys" but they throw a good lil party every wednesday, the homies Dj Candlestick is in my phrat, and Yves is the rapper & a few producers, hot chicks, no cover, no i-d needed, just good whole hearted fun, as far strip clubs, everybody should at least go to dreams once in their lifetime, but if you want to have fun the hidden gem is Show Palace in Pasadena on Tuesday 5 dollar lap dances, mixed chicks fully naked.. any more questions just ask

looking for spots to take my dude whos visiting back from the bay area...evenin spots appreciated...no clubs, booty shaking...nt necessary..jsut good cheap drinks and a good jukebox..5th amendment sounds pretty awesome...also what about food? bbq especially... i jsut moded and im all the way out in pasadena..so i have no clue where anything is...lmk and thanks in advance!

Avant Garden! City Centre on I-10 & beltway 8 is a must for visitors, Rice Village also is very cool, Brian Oneil's has great bar specials! Twin Peaks over by Kirby is also cool

sugar land checking in. sugar land town center is a dope spot at night. washington street in the heights as well.

If you are looking for cheap drinks. Drink Houston has $50 bottles of Grey Goose on Thursdays. It either BOGO or BOGO 1/2 off on Fridays. They are both VIP status. It has 95.7 as its promoter.

The urban night scene in Houston is very deceptive. Being from the actual city growing up until 8th grade off Cullen and Reed, going to church in 3rd Ward, School in Trinity Gardens and moving 9th grade to Acres Homes. I know too many damn peps and peps they portray in the club is nothing what they really are.

as far strip clubs, everybody should at least go to dreams once in their lifetime, but if you want to have fun the hidden gem is Show Palace in Pasadena on Tuesday 5 dollar lap dances, mixed chicks fully naked.. any more questions just ask

Show Palace is where it's at. I can't wait to go back. :pimp:

:stoneface: If you're in the "Montrose Area," then you're not in a gay area anymore. The gays are isolated to Montrose and Fairview intersection and surrounding areas down Fairview. Montrose further north becomes Washington/Heights (not gay), and Montrose further south becomes Westheimer, Museum, etc. (also, not gay). The Pride Parade was in that area, but the majority of gay places have been closed, moved, or otherwise ousted.

5th Amendment hasn't been worth going to for nearly a year, now. I haven't been clubbing like I used to because of law school, but when I do go out it's usually to St. Genevieve, Hearsay, or Hughe's Hangar (lounges rather than clubs). Most of Washington has gotten pretty hood, now. Almost all of those clubs have ran their course and are nothing like what they once were. 

Roak and Red Door are the last clubs I've gone to that still have a decent layout and atmosphere. I think Red Door has one of the best designs of all the clubs in the city--compared to a place like 5th Amendment which is just a room with a bar and some LED lights. Drake has a good layout, but after the original owners sold it, the place changed drastically in re the crowd. If you want to go to good looking, chill places with good looking people, St. Genevieve and Hughe's Hangar are probably the best places IMO. Roak will have some good looking women, but I've seen people have a lot of issues with the door guys there. Nouveau, Hearsay, State Bar, and RDG are some of the better looking bars in the city but they don't have door people to narrow their crowd down so you can get a broader spectrum of people.

If you're not trying to go to as snobby a place and get a good deal on food and drinks, I'd highly recommend Royal Oak. :nerd:z burgers for $9, bottles of wine/champagne for $11, and $7 mimosa pitchers on Sundays. Good layout, one of the best patios in Houston, and usually lots of good looking people, too.

:stoneface: If you're in the "Montrose Area," then you're not in a gay area anymore. The gays are isolated to Montrose and Fairview intersection and surrounding areas down Fairview. Montrose further north becomes Washington/Heights (not gay), and Montrose further south becomes Westheimer, Museum, etc. (also, not gay). The Pride Parade was in that area, but the majority of gay places have been closed, moved, or otherwise ousted.

5th Amendment hasn't been worth going to for nearly a year, now. I haven't been clubbing like I used to because of law school, but when I do go out it's usually to St. Genevieve, Hearsay, or Hughe's Hangar (lounges rather than clubs). Most of Washington has gotten pretty hood, now. Almost all of those clubs have ran their course and are nothing like what they once were. 

Roak and Red Door are the last clubs I've gone to that still have a decent layout and atmosphere. I think Red Door has one of the best designs of all the clubs in the city--compared to a place like 5th Amendment which is just a room with a bar and some LED lights. Drake has a good layout, but after the original owners sold it, the place changed drastically in re the crowd. If you want to go to good looking, chill places with good looking people, St. Genevieve and Hughe's Hangar are probably the best places IMO. Roak will have some good looking women, but I've seen people have a lot of issues with the door guys there. Nouveau, Hearsay, State Bar, and RDG are some of the better looking bars in the city but they don't have door people to narrow their crowd down so you can get a broader spectrum of people.

If you're not trying to go to as snobby a place and get a good deal on food and drinks, I'd highly recommend Royal Oak. :nerd:z burgers for $9, bottles of wine/champagne for $11, and $7 mimosa pitchers on Sundays. Good layout, one of the best patios in Houston, and usually lots of good looking people, too.

1. Montrose does not go down to Washington Avenue. It stops at Allen Parkway and then turns into Studemont.

2. Montrose is only 3mi long if that. So north and south montrose is not possible.

3. If you wanna do anything gay in houston google will point you to Montrose.

4. My office is off Montrose and I can honestly say I get uncomfortable at times.

While you split hairs over the name change of the street, I address the facts at hand--that there aren't gay bars on there besides an approximately five block radius. However, since you seem to work right next to one of them you figure every place on Montrose shares the same qualities... which is not true. The straight to gay ratio for bars/clubs on Montrose (only on Montrose, not Studemont) is about 6:1.

Hello my fellow Houstonians, I'm gonna be down here Wednesday for a little bit!

I've been working in Chicago for my internship, but I never found a barber, so I haven't had a haircut in 10 weeks 
sick.gif

mean.gif

laugh.gif

May someone please recommend me a great barber, specifically one who can cut a nice fade (giving my 360s a temporary break) and a crispy line-up???

nerd.gif

Last edited:

I've been working in Chicago for my internship, but I never found a barber, so I haven't had a haircut in 10 weeks :x  :smh:  :lol:

May someone please recommend me a great barber, specifically one who can cut a nice fade (giving my 360s a temporary break) and a crispy line-up???

:nerd:

what side of town

I've been working in Chicago for my internship, but I never found a barber, so I haven't had a haircut in 10 weeks 
sick.gif

mean.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
what side of town
 It looks like I'm gonna be about 10 minutes Northwest of Rice University.

NT you gotta help me out.

Getting relocated by my job to Houston soon (in like 3-4 weeks). I just graduated undergrad 3 months ago, so im still pretty much "college age" and wanna go out regularly.

Im starting my apartment search now, what are the best places to live for somebody in my demographic? My boss suggested MidTown, which looks pretty cool, but im still trying to gather options right now.

NT you gotta help me out.
Getting relocated by my job to Houston soon (in like 3-4 weeks). I just graduated undergrad 3 months ago, so im still pretty much "college age" and wanna go out regularly.
Im starting my apartment search now, what are the best places to live for somebody in my demographic? My boss suggested MidTown, which looks pretty cool, but im still trying to gather options right now.

I suggest looking close to work. Unless you like traffic.

Midtown, montrose, Upper Kirby, The Heights, and the Galleria area are all locations I'd look at. As soon as I'm done with school in Austin i plan on looking for something in one of those areas myself.

Back
Top Bottom