how did u guess initially feel when you first ever seen a pair of foamposites?

wats up niketalk its my first topic and i hope its a good one so please dont flame. i just wanna know how u guys felt when u seen a pair of foamposites for thefirst time. i first seen them in 97 when my cousin had on OG royals and immediatly fell in love with them and wanted a pair but my feet were too small i waslike 6. so in 07 when they retroed i made sure i got my hands on the pairs i wanted. share your first experience with foams

lol they were definitly like a decade ahead of its time.. very smart on nikes behalf to retro the foamposite penny 10 years after its original release

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

How did u guess feel initially when you first ever saw a pair of foamposites?

*fixed*

Love at first sight. Penny was/is my favorite player back then and blue was/is my favorite color as well. Tie those two together with the style of the shoe andI was hooked.

First time I saw them in person was when my friend wore them to our 8th grade graduation dinner. ALL the boys in our class kept gawking over them. Back thenonly spoiled kids and drug dealers had them, so whoever had them automatically had "status". In a way that added to the allure of the shoes. Plus thedesign was so "BUTTAZ" (90's slang FTW lol) and new for that time.

It's crazy how people called them moon boots and space shoes. The fact that the shoe was so ahead of its time for that era in relation to the fanfare itgets now 10+ years after it's initial introduction is damn near PROPHECY.

1997-2009... Ahead of it's time indeed.

There was an ad in Slam magazine where the shoe was just against a white background weeks before the release. Was at a footlocker by 10am(when they opened).First shoe I remember retailing for $200. They looked like something straight out of another world. I cant believe I got that kind of money together at thatage. So many mowed lawns.

Originally Posted by SHERLOCK FOAMS

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

How did u guess feel initially when you first ever saw a pair of foamposites?

*fixed*

Love at first sight. Penny was/is my favorite player back then and blue was/is my favorite color as well. Tie those two together with the style of the shoe and I was hooked.

First time I saw them in person was when my friend wore them to our 8th grade graduation dinner. ALL the boys in our class kept gawking over them. Back then only spoiled kids and drug dealers had them, so whoever had them automatically had "status". In a way that added to the allure of the shoes. Plus the design was so "BUTTAZ" (90's slang FTW lol) and new for that time. 1997-2009... Ahead of it's time indeed.
lol agreed man tell me about it when my cousin got he didn't fall under the spoiled catergory i think the other choice was and still is hiscareer path
laugh.gif
. i dont think itll be another shoe that was sogroundbreaking at its time of release unless it has wings on the sides
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Chewvenile

There was an ad in Slam magazine where the shoe was just against a white background weeks before the release. Was at a footlocker by 10am(when they opened). First shoe I remember retailing for $200. They looked like something straight out of another world. I cant believe I got that kind of money together at that age. So many mowed lawns.
word man at the time these released these were the hustler sneaker.. u basically had to hustle up cash to get these some dudes mowed lawns answorked and some got the cash illegally

^^^^ I agree. I'm from Brooklyn and I didn't even notice Foams until I got to college at Maryland Eastern SHore, the PG and Baltimore cats wore them.Then I finally started paying Foams attention.

I was working at The Athletes Foot when the original Foamposite One came out and they literally blew my mind.

Well everyone has their opinions...I remember when me and my dudes 1st peeped them oin stores...
eek.gif
pimp.gif
....parents wasn't bout to drop that forkicks....

To be honest, when I first saw them (or noticed them at least) I didn't like them. It was somone here on NT that posted their fit with the royals after the'07 release and for some reason that pic made me
eek.gif
after that I knew I had to have a pair. After I got em and wore them I fell in love. The way theyfeel on my feet is like no other shoe.

Call me a newb to the foam game, but I'm in it for the long run. I guess I'm somewhat of a late starter due to not much hype for foams in Cali.

I'll be honest, when i first started seeing them around in the late 90s, I though they were a bit over the top. The whole idea of having the laces go allthe way past to the front looked funny. But through the years I started to appreciate how unique the design is.

From what I recall, these really were quite popular in NYC.

Where were you dudes years ago when foam pros were the only joints dropping. damn bandwagoners, rant over.

i loved the foamposite one from the minute i saw that bright blue on the court.

it wasn't until i saw them in "he got game" being rocked casually that i needed them more than ever so i bought a beat up pair off a friend for$50 bucks back in 98.

them joints were 1/2 a size small, sole yellowed and even had a hole in the sole.....i didn't care because the blue was too BEAUTIFUL!!

Nike did right by dropping them again because i was months away from shelling out $$$$ for a DS or NDS pair.

i regret passing up the red/black foam pro's when they released, i never bought the blue/black foam pros either cause i thought they were a cheapenedversion of the penny foamposite.

and please.....let's keep the whole "dmv vs nyc vs usa vs eu vs ussr" discussion six feet under because foams are
pimp.gif
and everyone should have at least 3 pairs regardless

i had love for mike bibby back then(go Hawks) but hated Arizona, and whe i sw hime and the other dude with them on, that blue had me like a moth drawn to aflame and i used to even love seeing them in magazines with the swoosh over them with the 1-800 #. the first time i saw them in person was shortly after that,i saw a dude my age in them and i hated i couldnt get em. but i got them when they dropped in '07 and keep them from any type of light.

I think when I first seen them I thought to myself it was cleared by NASA for take off. Then I dropped like 35 in them when I got em so to this day I freakinlove em
pimp.gif

I loved how the sneaker looked... I thought they would be heavier... And that pricetag hurt my feelings...
BUT now I have 6 pairs (soon to be 7) and I love every pair

When I saw the price tag I was like
frown.gif
...but I didn't get upset at my parents for not coppin....it is what it is....no 13yr old needs kicks that cost thatmuch....especially when u are in catholic school

I needed a towel cuz i wet myself. I got a pair the same day I saw them. Now I have too many lol. Just sold my foam voltages. Those will be greatly missed =(

Believe it or not, I went with my pops to Niketown when I was in fourth grade(1999) and while i was fighting Mewtwo, he was copping the Pearl joints. He wasasked me if I like them and I thought they were hideous. But once I got into 8th grade I saw how truly beautiful they were. Now I love em and have had at least5 pairs.

Back
Top Bottom