How did you and your significant other meet? What are your keys to a successful relationship?

We met at southland mall in Hayward in 2008
I was eating a Cinnabon
And we bumped into each other
As we were walking passed each other
And I dropped it
Told her to buy me another and give me her number
That night we went to the club
She picked me up at my house
We drove to the spot
We danced all night
It was this club in SF called “the room”
Off mission st
Had our first kiss as buy u a drink was playin
After the club we went to emeryville to try and catch Denny’s
But it was closed
We went to union city to Ihop
Since it was 24hrs
Then back in the car on the way home
Tpain “ I can’t believe it” was on repeat
I started touching her thigh
Rubbing it the gradually going under her dress
Then fingering her as she was driving on the freeway
She was moaning and kissing me
She was wet as hell
We get in front of my spot
I said **** it
Started eating her out on the car
Then maybe 20 min later
We both said **** it
And went to the motel 6 off heganburger
By the jack in the box by Oakland airport
Had to wait like an hour for check in
So we in the car still got I can’t believe it on repeat.
Got the condoms and the energy drinks from the gas station
She singing Trina and killer mike “look back at me” word for word
I’m impressed and ready
Finally able to get in the room
I wear that p out
She suck the d like I never had it sucked
And man we been together ever since
Proposed at Disneyland in front of the castle during the fire works in 2015
And married in 2017

Also the keys to a successful relationship are to sometimes just let stuff go
U don’t have to win EVERY argument
Even if ur in the right
Some stuff is more important that YOUR ego
Communication IS key
But that also means realizing when u should just shut the **** up
91288B2C-0915-44B2-A6C1-6518980611B9.png

We had a mutual friend that lied to both us, basically gassed us up about each other.

Understanding each other's strengths and always remembering why we are so great together. Taking nothing for granted. Ultimately, both of us doing our best to make ourselves and each other better by working towards "we" instead of "me".

Not so sure about this one. I'd done this my whole life, up until my present relationship with my fiance, and I think that sort of mindset prevented me from committing 100%.
agreed i started off with this mindset. things got substantially better for me when i was committed 100% and had the mindset that no matter what happens this is the person i'm gonna get through it with

We met at southland mall in Hayward in 2008
I was eating a Cinnabon
And we bumped into each other
As we were walking passed each other
And I dropped it
Told her to buy me another and give me her number
That night we went to the club
She picked me up at my house
We drove to the spot
We danced all night
It was this club in SF called “the room”
Off mission st
Had our first kiss as buy u a drink was playin
After the club we went to emeryville to try and catch Denny’s
But it was closed
We went to union city to Ihop
Since it was 24hrs
Then back in the car on the way home
Tpain “ I can’t believe it” was on repeat
I started touching her thigh
Rubbing it the gradually going under her dress
Then fingering her as she was driving on the freeway
She was moaning and kissing me
She was wet as hell
We get in front of my spot
I said **** it
Started eating her out on the car
Then maybe 20 min later
We both said **** it
And went to the motel 6 off heganburger
By the jack in the box by Oakland airport
Had to wait like an hour for check in
So we in the car still got I can’t believe it on repeat.
Got the condoms and the energy drinks from the gas station
She singing Trina and killer mike “look back at me” word for word
I’m impressed and ready
Finally able to get in the room
I wear that p out
She suck the d like I never had it sucked
And man we been together ever since
Proposed at Disneyland in front of the castle during the fire works in 2015
And married in 2017

Also the keys to a successful relationship are to sometimes just let stuff go
U don’t have to win EVERY argument
Even if ur in the right
Some stuff is more important that YOUR ego
Communication IS key
But that also means realizing when u should just shut the **** up
Some of the best advice I got from a co-worker regarding arguments is this:

A lot of people fight to win the argument when you should be fighting to save your relationship. what's the point of winning an argument if your relationship is worse off afterwards? What exactly did you win? This was a particularly hard one for me because I can be very stubborn. I just had to learn to just let stuff go

Where is the line between self respect and ego/pride? What’s forgivable and what isn’t?

I usually dont participate in personal threads like this, mainly just surface level stuff. But yesterdays events got me all messed up I think some positivity will uplift the mood.

How we met: Drunk af/high af at a House party at my frat house in 2009. I had literally just finished my probate show and she came in the crib with her girls. I always knew who she was, and she knew who I was but we never engaged in conversation. Well I take that back, she doesnt remember it but I tried to holler at her one time with some lame convo that went no where. Thank God she didnt remember that lol. We talked for a little at the party but it was a memorable conversation.

Fast forward a week later I didnt see her on campus cuz it was getting close to finals time so everyone was actually getting serious about their work. I was up studying at like 2am and I get on Facebook for a break and seen she had hopped on line. I sent her a DM asking her what she was doing up this late, she replied studying. We chatted for some minutes and I threw her my number and told her to text me if she is gonna be up for awhile. She text me the number. We talked for a day or two via text then asked her out on a semi fake date if she wanted to go on a walk.

Going on a walk with a shorty on campus was serious. I basically was shooting myself in the foot with any other freaks cuz it was a small school and I knew I woulda been spotted by someone and word would get around asap that I was seen with her. I knew all of that and still did it because I honestly knew, as cliche as it sounds, I knew the day that we met we would get married.

Started dating in 2009. Got engaged in 2016. Got married in 2017. Had our first child in 2019.

Keys to success:

Communication easily. And thats with any topic. Sex, Finances, your past, depression, your goals, your doubts, your feelings, your fears. I try to be as transparent as possible. Leave all that **** on the table and go from there.

I grew up in a two parent household and one thing my Dad always told me was find a way to make your partner's day easier. Even if it's something small. And that always helped us out. I'll take on a chore or I'll do an errand for her instead and she does the same for me. I make sure I do things for her that I know will help out and in return she does the same for me and we both win.

There really is no key to success in a marriage. Got married in 2002 and she still home when I get there. One thing I’ve leaned about relationships/marriage is to worry about yo damn self. When you start looking for **** to point out, bust a fat uturn on yourself.

Met my wife at Old Navy. She was working there and I was shopping.
She complimented me for the Jedi SBs that I was wearing and offered to help her with the HR Huf-n-Puff Dunk SB.
That led to friendship, dating, and marriage.

Our keys to success: Our spiritual foundation and our friendship. I believe being friends first really established our ways in communicating.

Some of the best advice I got from a co-worker regarding arguments is this:

A lot of people fight to win the argument when you should be fighting to save your relationship. what's the point of winning an argument if your relationship is worse off afterwards? What exactly did you win? This was a particularly hard one for me because I can be very stubborn. I just had to learn to just let stuff go
This brings everything into perspective. Good advice.

We met online.
I've been letting certain things go that I would never even 2 years ago. I'm a pretty cool laid back person but I'm proud as hell and I'm ****ing petty. My situation is on dead man walking status.
For me, communication and respect are so important. Being able to put yourself in the other person's shoes before you do certain things.

Met at an old job, she was teaching dance to special needs children and I was taking care of them.

Didn't really talk much while we were there, both left 6 months into our jobs and started talking once we were gone. Hit it off extremely well. 5 years later, we're getting married in '21.

A lot of differences between us (religion, race, brought up) but we managed to just keep things between us two and tuned out any **** we had deal with from either families (they're all chill now).

Met at an old job, she was teaching dance to special needs children and I was taking care of them.

Didn't really talk much while we were there, both left 6 months into our jobs and started talking once we were gone. Hit it off extremely well. 5 years later, we're getting married in '21.

A lot of differences between us (religion, race, brought up) but we managed to just keep things between us two and tuned out any **** we had deal with from either families (they're all chill now).
What are both y’all ethnicities

Met him through a friend I met at grad school.
My advice...if any...take time for yourself.
-Learn what makes you happy and don't let go of it as long as it is not toxic. Spouses don't need to be included in EVERYthing you do (and vice versa).
-Kind of the same but don't get caught up in being just someone's spouse or parent. You were an individual beforehand.
-Communication obviously, no matter how big or small. Because common sense is not common to everyone.
-Don't let outsiders dictate your marriage and don't tell people your business.
-Keep the laughter going

Last edited:
-Learn what makes you happy and don't let go of it as long as it is not toxic. Spouses don't need to be included in EVERYthing you do (and vice versa).
-Kind of the same but don't get caught up in being just someone's spouse or parent. You were an individual beforehand.
-Communication obviously, no matter how big or small. Because common sense is not common to everyone.
-Keep the laughter going

That part right there is some of the best advice you can ever give when it comes to relationships.

Don't let outside interference dictate your relationship and most importantly do not tell people your damn business... not friends nor families when it comes to your significant other.

The more information you give out to others the more ammo you give them to spread your business to people and places you don't want your business spread to.

-Keep the laughter going
I think this is important, learn who you are as an individual before dragging someone into your mess.

I think this is important, learn who you are as an individual before dragging someone into your mess.
Yup. Not sure how anyone marries their high school sweetheart or gets married at an early age.

you don’t know **** at that age...barely know yourself

Back
Top Bottom