How did you stop your habit of buying sneakers?

Child, rent, bills, never gettin to wear em, no room to put em, poor quality of the sneaker. That's how I broke my habit. Now when the Foams drop, I'll be jumpin on those
laugh.gif

Child, rent, bills, never gettin to wear em, no room to put em, poor quality of the sneaker. That's how I broke my habit. Now when the Foams drop, I'll be jumpin on those
laugh.gif

I stopped when I moved out and didn't have the money to just throw down all the time. Bills. It was a great run tho.

I also think it had to do with the frequency in which they came out. It would be one hot pair a month or every six weeks then they were comin' like every other weekend. At my peak I was spending $300-400 a month. Then $100 shoe would turn into a $175 shoe, and it felt like everything ended up being $160 instead of $120.

I stopped when I moved out and didn't have the money to just throw down all the time. Bills. It was a great run tho.

I also think it had to do with the frequency in which they came out. It would be one hot pair a month or every six weeks then they were comin' like every other weekend. At my peak I was spending $300-400 a month. Then $100 shoe would turn into a $175 shoe, and it felt like everything ended up being $160 instead of $120.

By being broke.
Realizing I have enough shoes, and never really had a lot in the first place.

But I still have those urges every now and then to buy a nice pair of dunks. Thankfully I have bills to keep me from enjoying my money
eyes.gif

By being broke.
Realizing I have enough shoes, and never really had a lot in the first place.

But I still have those urges every now and then to buy a nice pair of dunks. Thankfully I have bills to keep me from enjoying my money
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

For me tho, for NYCers to still cop kicks is a norm. It was never a hype, just more of a dress code. Styles change and what not, but no one who was raised in the hood in NYC cant tell me that they havent been rocking sneakers before they knew what the term "sneaker-head" meant.

same way with cat's in the DMV....dudes were bringing eastbay books in class back in elementary school....my elementary,jr high and high school was all about what shoes you wore.
especially elementary and jr high......you could get a number just off the kicks you had on.
laugh.gif

and there's alot of ppl in here saying they did that sneaker lifestyle in high school, and when they hit college they grew out of it, well there's a bunch of ppl (me for one) that are the total opposite.

didn't have a job throughout highschool besides the summer....and alot of the J's and other sneakers  that came out in the early 2000's I didn't have a chance to get, I only came close to seeing them on someones feet from school, the mall or a eastbay book.

a bunch of dudes didnt have the opportunity to cop sneaks on the reg in high school so when they get older and get some cash, it's game time.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

For me tho, for NYCers to still cop kicks is a norm. It was never a hype, just more of a dress code. Styles change and what not, but no one who was raised in the hood in NYC cant tell me that they havent been rocking sneakers before they knew what the term "sneaker-head" meant.

same way with cat's in the DMV....dudes were bringing eastbay books in class back in elementary school....my elementary,jr high and high school was all about what shoes you wore.
especially elementary and jr high......you could get a number just off the kicks you had on.
laugh.gif

and there's alot of ppl in here saying they did that sneaker lifestyle in high school, and when they hit college they grew out of it, well there's a bunch of ppl (me for one) that are the total opposite.

didn't have a job throughout highschool besides the summer....and alot of the J's and other sneakers  that came out in the early 2000's I didn't have a chance to get, I only came close to seeing them on someones feet from school, the mall or a eastbay book.

a bunch of dudes didnt have the opportunity to cop sneaks on the reg in high school so when they get older and get some cash, it's game time.

Originally Posted by steven42lh

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Poor quality in the new Nikes/Jordans and found better stuff to buy.

This.

stop buying retros then....the new tech stuff quality is pretty good.

....I still buy/wear kicks and Im a grown %!$ man with a wife n kids. I cant ever imagine my wardrobe without sneakers.

I have slowed down on buying sneakers though....

Originally Posted by steven42lh

This.

stop buying retros then....the new tech stuff quality is pretty good.

....I still buy/wear kicks and Im a grown %!$ man with a wife n kids. I cant ever imagine my wardrobe without sneakers.

I have slowed down on buying sneakers though....

Growing up...also working which obviously voids the use for fresh kicks.

I tapered off around 06, only bought 2 sneakers that year..Now I only have about 3-4 in rotation.

Growing up...also working which obviously voids the use for fresh kicks.

I tapered off around 06, only bought 2 sneakers that year..Now I only have about 3-4 in rotation.

Don't think I've stopped completely, but slowed down some. It's more of what I like -vs- what's hot. I'd like to own all the colors of Hyperfuse's, but don't think it's nec. to have every single color. Not to mention, there are other responsibilities which cost money and are more important.

Don't think I've stopped completely, but slowed down some. It's more of what I like -vs- what's hot. I'd like to own all the colors of Hyperfuse's, but don't think it's nec. to have every single color. Not to mention, there are other responsibilities which cost money and are more important.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

IMO growing up has nothing to do with sneakers or not buying them. I know people who were never into sneakers and are very childish. The same with those who have children, mortgages, 401ks etc. Dont equate not buying things or having an interest in them to being an adult or growing up.
exactly

Originally Posted by krazy88s

IMO growing up has nothing to do with sneakers or not buying them. I know people who were never into sneakers and are very childish. The same with those who have children, mortgages, 401ks etc. Dont equate not buying things or having an interest in them to being an adult or growing up.
exactly

^ this played a big part and also the ridiculous prices now... also just getting older with alot more bills:. and i didnt really stop just slowed down a whole lot:.

Back
Top Bottom