How did you stop your habit of buying sneakers?

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Poor quality in the new Nikes/Jordans and found better stuff to buy.
^ this played a big part and also the ridiculous prices now... also just getting older with alot more bills:. and i didnt really stop just slowed down a whole lot:.

As I get older I buy less sneakers and buy more pieces of clothing that will last me a long time durability-wise and have a classic look. Instead of buying jordans for $150, you can buy some Clark's Desert Boots for about 90 bucks and buy a military jacket from an army surplus store for about $50-$60.

I still buy the occasional J and have kept pretty current with Kobe's shoes (even though I know its a waste I can't let them go), but I try to put my money towards "better" things. A laptop, better tv, gym membership, things like that.

As I get older I buy less sneakers and buy more pieces of clothing that will last me a long time durability-wise and have a classic look. Instead of buying jordans for $150, you can buy some Clark's Desert Boots for about 90 bucks and buy a military jacket from an army surplus store for about $50-$60.

I still buy the occasional J and have kept pretty current with Kobe's shoes (even though I know its a waste I can't let them go), but I try to put my money towards "better" things. A laptop, better tv, gym membership, things like that.

Never spent a lot on shoes compared to others on here, but Nike made it so hard to get some Kobe Vs that I just lost interest in trying to grab a pair.  Nike lost at least like $500 from me; I wish they would stop with the limited releases.

Never spent a lot on shoes compared to others on here, but Nike made it so hard to get some Kobe Vs that I just lost interest in trying to grab a pair.  Nike lost at least like $500 from me; I wish they would stop with the limited releases.

I'm not stopping, but I'm not going crazy over it either.
Balance.
Originally Posted by JoseBronx

For me tho, for NYCers to still cop kicks is a norm. It was never a hype, just more of a dress code. Styles change and what not, but no one who was raised in the hood in NYC cant tell me that they havent been rocking sneakers before they knew what the term "sneaker-head" meant.
pimp.gif

I'm not stopping, but I'm not going crazy over it either.
Balance.
Originally Posted by JoseBronx

For me tho, for NYCers to still cop kicks is a norm. It was never a hype, just more of a dress code. Styles change and what not, but no one who was raised in the hood in NYC cant tell me that they havent been rocking sneakers before they knew what the term "sneaker-head" meant.
pimp.gif

^^x2 i found a lot more thing to spend my money on besides kicks still love kicks but rather have other things

^^x2 i found a lot more thing to spend my money on besides kicks still love kicks but rather have other things

Growing Up = stop doing something you have a passion for is b.s. You all need to look back on why you all really collected sneakers then maybe they were just school shoes for you.

Growing Up = stop doing something you have a passion for is b.s. You all need to look back on why you all really collected sneakers then maybe they were just school shoes for you.

I bought quite a few after getting my first paycheck, can't lie...but now I have a bunch accumulated that I can wear, and I'm also about to be unemployed, so it should be easier to quit the habit. I don't think I'll stop and I'll still get the ones I really like though.

I bought quite a few after getting my first paycheck, can't lie...but now I have a bunch accumulated that I can wear, and I'm also about to be unemployed, so it should be easier to quit the habit. I don't think I'll stop and I'll still get the ones I really like though.

Lack of money and change of focus in life. I AM hopefully getting both the CG 11s and white/red 13s though

Lack of money and change of focus in life. I AM hopefully getting both the CG 11s and white/red 13s though

Back
Top Bottom