How did you stop your habit of buying sneakers?

I just DGAF about any clothing anymore, man.
I used to be too occupied with shoes and got tired of all that %@** and "Hm, which shoes will i wear tomorrow?" I'm actually embarrassed of how much i was into shoes 
tired.gif

I just DGAF about any clothing anymore, man.
I used to be too occupied with shoes and got tired of all that %@** and "Hm, which shoes will i wear tomorrow?" I'm actually embarrassed of how much i was into shoes 
tired.gif

Being unemployed stopped it in a big way. I still have the love just not the funds. Also it gets to point where it seems like you can never have all the shoes you want...like buying Basketball cards in the 90s. Back in the 90s you too many card companies puting out too many card sets and subsets and it just made things complicated (at least bball cards were cheap...sneakers today = a weeks groceries). With sneakers now its like there reg. editions, quickstrikes, asian exclusives, playoff editions etc etc. Just more complications and hurdles IMO.

Being unemployed stopped it in a big way. I still have the love just not the funds. Also it gets to point where it seems like you can never have all the shoes you want...like buying Basketball cards in the 90s. Back in the 90s you too many card companies puting out too many card sets and subsets and it just made things complicated (at least bball cards were cheap...sneakers today = a weeks groceries). With sneakers now its like there reg. editions, quickstrikes, asian exclusives, playoff editions etc etc. Just more complications and hurdles IMO.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

damn........so any of you will never get back into the sneaker game? even if you had the money to buy whatever?
There is an anti-sneaker movement in the General forum. I took a hiatus for a few years and find myself purchasing more shoes lately. The bottom line is most of us get into sneakers at a very young age and as we get older other things take priority. Once you establish yourself and have additional income, if you truly were into kicks from the start, you will purchase again. A lot of members that spit that anti-sneaker talk in general were most likely sheep who jumped on the trend and have moved on to other things, or simply don't have the extra money to spend on sneakers.

Exactly it seems everytime this pops up I hear the same crap.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

damn........so any of you will never get back into the sneaker game? even if you had the money to buy whatever?
There is an anti-sneaker movement in the General forum. I took a hiatus for a few years and find myself purchasing more shoes lately. The bottom line is most of us get into sneakers at a very young age and as we get older other things take priority. Once you establish yourself and have additional income, if you truly were into kicks from the start, you will purchase again. A lot of members that spit that anti-sneaker talk in general were most likely sheep who jumped on the trend and have moved on to other things, or simply don't have the extra money to spend on sneakers.

Exactly it seems everytime this pops up I hear the same crap.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by bigballa8716

Growing up, stopped visiting the Nike/JB forum, realized there's more important stuff in life than sneakers.
When I first started lurking, the JB forum was the only forum I visited. Now its just general.
but yeah, growing up.

Growing up, stopped visiting the Nike/JB forum, realized there's more important stuff in life than sneakers.
When I first started lurking, the JB forum was the only forum I visited. Now its just general.
but yeah, growing up.

Grew out of it. No need to impress people or "collect". I still enjoy sneakers but the money can go further elsewhere. I currently only rock one pair (Nike frees) everyday.... will rock until it falls apart.

Grew out of it. No need to impress people or "collect". I still enjoy sneakers but the money can go further elsewhere. I currently only rock one pair (Nike frees) everyday.... will rock until it falls apart.

Originally Posted by 916kings

but yeah, growing up.
Dunno about you guys, but have you noticed that your tastes in sneakers has become more... "simplified?" 
Like I used to be into Jordans, AF1's, dunks, etc stuff that looked kinda flashy, now... gimme my beat up pair of grey vans, and I'm good to go. 

Originally Posted by 916kings

but yeah, growing up.
Dunno about you guys, but have you noticed that your tastes in sneakers has become more... "simplified?" 
Like I used to be into Jordans, AF1's, dunks, etc stuff that looked kinda flashy, now... gimme my beat up pair of grey vans, and I'm good to go. 

I still buy a pair or 2 a year t wear but there not jordans..usually some air maxs or somthin..when I sold my whole collection to buy a old car to restore I knew I had kicked the habit..to bad I picked up a new one with the cars

I still buy a pair or 2 a year t wear but there not jordans..usually some air maxs or somthin..when I sold my whole collection to buy a old car to restore I knew I had kicked the habit..to bad I picked up a new one with the cars

for all of those that have a love of sneakers, what made you stop and save your money?

I love kicks and will always buy shoes but I've slowed down on excessive buying. Mostly a priority shift.

for all of those that have a love of sneakers, what made you stop and save your money?

I love kicks and will always buy shoes but I've slowed down on excessive buying. Mostly a priority shift.

If you love kicks you'll never stop
I learned to be more selective
Don't think you need every retro that comes out
Quailty over quanity
I'll by a 60 dollar pair of chucks and make them my own

If you love kicks you'll never stop
I learned to be more selective
Don't think you need every retro that comes out
Quailty over quanity
I'll by a 60 dollar pair of chucks and make them my own

I don't know what stopping means really. I could go months without buying sneakers, but their have been months were I buy 6-8 pairs in that 4 week period. I haven't bought a single pair of AJ's since Fire Red III's.

Back
Top Bottom