How do you change your sleeping cycle?

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Originally Posted by jasoner27

I usually just break night when its time to sleep (the morning in your case).....do what ever you need to do to stay up (get out the house, drink coffee/energy drinks, etc) and by the time its night you KO and wake up early and keep it in motion....funny, I pretty much broke night today because Im trying to get my pattern back in rotation too...hope that works for ya

Tried that once
ended up sleeping till 3pm...... which was no good for the cycle

roll.gif

Had me feeling like a failure for a couple minutes
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

i keep trying, but i always revert back to my nocturnal cycle...my brain works better at night
ohwell.gif

30t6p3b.gif
word

i keep trying, but i always revert back to my nocturnal cycle...my brain works better at night
ohwell.gif
this, this, this, this, and this.

last semester i promised myself i'd revert back to a normal cycle...at midterms i had two D's. reverted back to what i was comfortable with...both of those turned into B's. i just can't help it.
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
this, this, this, this, and this.

last semester i promised myself i'd revert back to a normal cycle...at midterms i had two D's. reverted back to what i was comfortable with...both of those turned into B's. i just can't help it.
ohwell.gif

Just go a whole day without sleeping and crash at night.

that should work

Just go a whole day without sleeping and crash at night.

that should work

ohwell.gif

Im the same exact way - really sucks during summer time when the library closes early and i cant get my studying done.
Finals week when we got the library open 24 hours is always incredibly productive for me cause I get studying done far more efficiently late night.

Try to just make adjustments to you pattern back to normal slowly, after a couple days of proper sleeping youll be good.

ohwell.gif

Im the same exact way - really sucks during summer time when the library closes early and i cant get my studying done.
Finals week when we got the library open 24 hours is always incredibly productive for me cause I get studying done far more efficiently late night.

Try to just make adjustments to you pattern back to normal slowly, after a couple days of proper sleeping youll be good.

Take a nap instead of sleeping all day then take some sleeping pills when you should be asleep should fix cycle. Other method is much more permanent Set a Time for you to wake up every day mon-sunday
7 days a week. Same time every day, I did it for about a month and I felt great when I woke up (not a morning person) but id crash hard way to early at night like Id be dead tired at 9, totally killed my night life.

Take a nap instead of sleeping all day then take some sleeping pills when you should be asleep should fix cycle. Other method is much more permanent Set a Time for you to wake up every day mon-sunday
7 days a week. Same time every day, I did it for about a month and I felt great when I woke up (not a morning person) but id crash hard way to early at night like Id be dead tired at 9, totally killed my night life.

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

sleep the time you want to sleep and wake up the time you want to wake up. do this for a week.
This works for me. If you have a stable work schedule, it'll work. I'd suddenly wake up at 5:30am during my off days unless I'm real tired.

But I would force my sleep if I were you. Just go to bed. If not, pull an all nighter and actually stay awake during the day.

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

sleep the time you want to sleep and wake up the time you want to wake up. do this for a week.
This works for me. If you have a stable work schedule, it'll work. I'd suddenly wake up at 5:30am during my off days unless I'm real tired.

But I would force my sleep if I were you. Just go to bed. If not, pull an all nighter and actually stay awake during the day.

I wish my problem was going to bed. Getting up early is a chore. I have trouble waking up before 9am. I would like to wake up at 7am. I usually knock out at Midnight. I'm a notorious snooze button abuser.

I wish my problem was going to bed. Getting up early is a chore. I have trouble waking up before 9am. I would like to wake up at 7am. I usually knock out at Midnight. I'm a notorious snooze button abuser.

Back
Top Bottom