How do you deal with one of your good homies coming out of the closet

Honestly I couldn't even do it and if I did I'd keep speaking to a minimum. I'm not homophobic, ppl can live however they want but there's a lot of factors that come into play when dealing with this. That would pretty much ruin our friendship however I'd still be cool with homie just not boys anymore.

If you hang out in the barbershop, you're gonna get your haIr cut.
Nah, but seriously OP, just smash him. There's obviously some sexual tension there.
If you don't smash him, you ARE homophobia!

im not homophobia or anything like that but im kinda mad. I feel like he shouldve told me sooner...

everytime i talk to him or see him i keep thinking oh-my-god hes gay... this is some frank ocean ****z..

how do yall deal with this? cut him out of my life? or just let it go and hopefully this awkward feeling will go away? :x

use your boy to get girls

dylano.gif

His sexual orientation shouldn't matter. As long as he is the same person his always been to you that should matter. 

Last edited:
One of my homeboys from 9th grade came out the closet about 2 years ago... I never really suspected him being gay but once he told me It kinda made sense :lol: ... He was bi but i believe now he's full blown gay. Had to block him on fb though because he's always talking about getting packed

as long as he respects you enough not to try any funny stuff you'll be good... avoid talking about your intimate encounters tho because it will get weird quickly

Last edited:
so one of my close homey just came out of the closet yesterday... he said hes bi-sexual but he feels more attraction to guys and he said he could actuallly fall in love with them.... we hang out alot nowadays, and after he told me i was SHOCKED... i didnt know what to think... im not homophobia or anything like that but im kinda mad. I feel like he shouldve told me sooner... he saids he only sees me as friends and he values our friendship alot. Im still in shock.... and cannot believe that hes gay..... everytime i talk to him or see him i keep thinking oh-my-god hes gay... this is some frank ocean ****z..

experienced NTers how do yall deal with this? cut him out of my life? or just let it go and hopefully this awkward feeling will go away? :x

you're mad cuz he didn't tell you about his lifestyle choice that you'd obviously judge him for? :lol:

I don't get this "look at gay dudes and think about how much gay **** they do" mindset some of you have. I find out someone's gay, I'm typically like "_ I don't care, but email me some recipes". I'm not thinking about what they're doing in their private time.

cuz that's ******g weird.

I always kinda find it funny when people claim they had NO idea.

I mean...did you REALLY not suspect ANYTHING? And hes your best friend?

Dude must have been dropping hints for a long time. 

i cut one of my good friends off cause he turned out to be heterosexual
roll.gif

Funniest post I've read this week.

@OP

If his friendship meant anything to you then you'd accept him for who he is.

If his sexual orientation means more than his friendship to you, then cut him off.

Never happened to me and if it did I'd be a bit mad. Mind you I'm thinking of my close friends so what I'd be mad about them is lying and faking that heterosexual lifestyle. Being scared to come out I can understand but perpetrating a fraud while you really on the down low is not honorable. I'd lose mad respect for them.

Last edited:
Real talk, a lot of you guys are showing your true character with these responses. Some of you need to get over yourselves, what in the hell makes you think that your boy even wants you. You guys act as if you can't hang with him because hes gonna automatically want butt sex.

Last edited:
I wish NT had a thread that was "Ask A Gay Dude" cause I can't seem to understand them.

I'm not going to lie man, I'd probably stop chilling with him on the regular. Not because I hate gay people but because I'd just feel uncomfortable as hell. I can't help that. It just wouldn't be the same.

I see some great answers in here, very mature and accepting answers. I just wouldn't be able to shake it.

Never happened to me and if it did I'd be a bit mad. Mind you I'm thinking of my close friends so what I'd be mad about them is lying and faking that lifestyle. Being scared to come out I can understand but perpetrating a fraud while you really on the down low is not honorable. I'd lose mad respect for them.
Not every closeted dude is actively on the downlow...plus, you can't hold it against them for not coming out sooner because you'd have said the same thing when they do finally come out. I see what you're saying but theres a reason they don't feel good about coming out in the first place. 

Really shouldn't change anything, just make sure he respects your boundaries.
Annddd this is it.

Personally, I woudnt know how to feel if one of my close friends came out. Not cause im homophobic, but ive never had a close relationship (no ayo) with someone who is.

I'd stop being his friend.. Let him go find some gay dudes to hang out with
basically..

F the politically correctness...if its me personally i cant even do it..

wouldnt be rude, or talk down to him..just straight up tell him we cant be cool...

i mean cmon, i dont wanna be talking bout dudes boy problems...dont wanna be shooting at the court talking bout a new bad shorty i knocked down, then he follows up wit a story bout some dude...

not my cup of tea. plain nd simple...

Last edited:
As for OP, just think about us men and the female friends we lie to when we say we don't have a sexual attraction to them. Your friend been fapping to you.
I wish NT had a thread that was "Ask A Gay Dude" cause I can't seem to understand them.

I'm not going to lie man, I'd probably stop chilling with him on the regular. Not because I hate gay people but because I'd just feel uncomfortable as hell. I can't help that. It just wouldn't be the same.

I see some great answers in here, very mature and accepting answers. I just wouldn't be able to shake it.
I recall we had that two different times. One dude was mad graphic and open with it (he might've been a troll though). Think he had Max B related sn.

The other guy was more moderate. Both threads got locked :lol: Also a few years back every now and then a real gay NTer would come through with a gay confession.
Never happened to me and if it did I'd be a bit mad. Mind you I'm thinking of my close friends so what I'd be mad about them is lying and faking that lifestyle. Being scared to come out I can understand but perpetrating a fraud while you really on the down low is not honorable. I'd lose mad respect for them.
Not every closeted dude is actively on the downlow...plus, you can't hold it against them for not coming out sooner because you'd have said the same thing when they do finally come out. I see what you're saying but theres a reason they don't feel good about coming out in the first place. 
Well again I'm talking about my close friends. From what I've seen them do in strip clubs (among other places to other chicks) I'd feel betrayed. Tainted memories.

I wouldn't accept the lie and the masquerading cuz it makes me think they thought our friendship was based on the fact that we were both heterosexual. I'm simply saying be who you are. It's one thing to lie in conversation when dudes are talking about a girl like "she's hot blah blah" and just play it off and don't make it suspicious that you've never had a gf but in depth details about sex with women that never happened and all other sordid details is just plain wrong. I wouldn't buy any of that confused talk either.

They'd be better off telling me they're genuinely bi or play that off like they only do gay stuff when they on coke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom