How do you feel about eye contact?

I know different cultures view it differently. No pun intended. Growing up with carribean parents, eye contact is kinda seen as disrespectful, at least when I was growing up. At the same time I was taught in public school that its very important. Even when talking to girls you have to maintain good eye contact if not you seem weak or too shy. I ran into a chick I used to mess with few days ago and we were talking and she brought up the fact that I still look away from her when talking. Btw, my confidence level is where it needs to be so that not the case.

Anyone else have problems with eye contact?

How do you feel about it?

How long before you look away?

I know different cultures view it differently. No pun intended. Growing up with carribean parents, eye contact is kinda seen as disrespectful, at least when I was growing up. At the same time I was taught in public school that its very important. Even when talking to girls you have to maintain good eye contact if not you seem weak or too shy. I ran into a chick I used to mess with few days ago and we were talking and she brought up the fact that I still look away from her when talking. Btw, my confidence level is where it needs to be so that not the case.

Eye contact is crucial. IMO looking away can make you look shook, especially when the other person is looking directly at you. Over time I've learned to and grew more comfortable looking directly at a person, and more specifically their forehead
laugh.gif
I find it easier than looking straight into their eyes.

If you have trouble finding your words look away quickly then reconnect.

Eye contact is crucial. IMO looking away can make you look shook, especially when the other person is looking directly at you. Over time I've learned to and grew more comfortable looking directly at a person, and more specifically their forehead
laugh.gif
I find it easier than looking straight into their eyes.

If you have trouble finding your words look away quickly then reconnect.

"You could see the weakness of a man right through his iris" (c) RZA

I dont trust people with weak eye contact

"You could see the weakness of a man right through his iris" (c) RZA

I dont trust people with weak eye contact

I've tried looking at their nose and depending on our distance apart they could tell, lol..

They only time I seem to lock eye contact with no problem is when I'm upset and I'm going IN on someone.

In my experiences, eye contact is a must when speaking to someone else. It shows them that you respect them enough to give them your full eye contact and attention. Try looking away at someone you are trying to sell something to, whether it be for a job, or whether it be for "selling" yourself to convince a girl to go home with you. (Selling would be literal in this case).

Eye contact is very important. I know if someone isn't giving me eye contact, I will not even listen to what they have to say.

In my experiences, eye contact is a must when speaking to someone else. It shows them that you respect them enough to give them your full eye contact and attention. Try looking away at someone you are trying to sell something to, whether it be for a job, or whether it be for "selling" yourself to convince a girl to go home with you. (Selling would be literal in this case).

Eye contact is very important. I know if someone isn't giving me eye contact, I will not even listen to what they have to say.

I've tried looking at their nose and depending on our distance apart they could tell, lol..

They only time I seem to lock eye contact with no problem is when I'm upset and I'm going IN on someone.

I usually keep eye contact in less I'm really uncomfortable with or uninterested in a person. I look away no longer than 2-3 secs..

p.s. OP learn to maintain eye contact..especially with women (great flirting technique
pimp.gif
)

I usually keep eye contact in less I'm really uncomfortable with or uninterested in a person. I look away no longer than 2-3 secs..

p.s. OP learn to maintain eye contact..especially with women (great flirting technique
pimp.gif
)

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

what the hell are you talking about ive been living in the bahamas all my life.. and this isnt true.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

what the hell are you talking about ive been living in the bahamas all my life.. and this isnt true.

Originally Posted by JZero23

Damn bro, what if we are playing madden?

Originally Posted by JZero23

Damn bro, what if we are playing madden?

Originally Posted by AJChick23

pimp.gif
)

Yea, I know that, lol.. but I try not to come across as some creepy dude..

Originally Posted by AJChick23

pimp.gif
)

Yea, I know that, lol.. but I try not to come across as some creepy dude..

I guess I should've put STRICT carribean parents but I'm sure I'm the the only one. I think I've heard Asiain also view eye contact as disrespect.. or maybe I'm using the wrong word.

I guess I should've put STRICT carribean parents but I'm sure I'm the the only one. I think I've heard Asiain also view eye contact as disrespect.. or maybe I'm using the wrong word.

eye contact and more importantly, not fumbling words are two of the most important skills in business.

Back
Top Bottom