How do you feel when people wish you a 'Merry Christmas'?

I know they mean well and all but it makes me feel very uncomfortable, especially when it comes from retail employees. They should be more seasoned than that.

No offense but I notice it is usually White people who throw it around with arrogance. "And YOU have a Merry Christmas!
happy.gif
"
embarassed.gif
You guys gotta know that other cultures don't place much importance on Xmas if any at all. I happen to partake in Xmas but I'm also Mexican, so it's just another family get-together but with harder liquor and recycled gifts. If I wore a Santa hat into the living room I would be showered with anti-gay epithets.

So please don't just assume Christmas means the same to me as it does to you. Have a Merry Christmas, everyone.
smile.gif

I know they mean well and all but it makes me feel very uncomfortable, especially when it comes from retail employees. They should be more seasoned than that.

No offense but I notice it is usually White people who throw it around with arrogance. "And YOU have a Merry Christmas!
happy.gif
"
embarassed.gif
You guys gotta know that other cultures don't place much importance on Xmas if any at all. I happen to partake in Xmas but I'm also Mexican, so it's just another family get-together but with harder liquor and recycled gifts. If I wore a Santa hat into the living room I would be showered with anti-gay epithets.

So please don't just assume Christmas means the same to me as it does to you. Have a Merry Christmas, everyone.
smile.gif

How about if you sneeze and someone says "Bless You?" Must drive Anton Lavey crazy....

Honestly, I don't put much thought in to it...and I don't think others should as well. Say "thank you" or smile, and keep it moving.

How about if you sneeze and someone says "Bless You?" Must drive Anton Lavey crazy....

Honestly, I don't put much thought in to it...and I don't think others should as well. Say "thank you" or smile, and keep it moving.

kind of similar as to when people ask me how my summer was...depends on the chick though

on a side note...hey fam, your avy (below) is dope. is that carlos v?

kind of similar as to when people ask me how my summer was...depends on the chick though

on a side note...hey fam, your avy (below) is dope. is that carlos v?

i get kinda offended like, what if i was jewish or muslim. i could be either y'know. or what if i don't believe in christmas? i know they mean well so i end up just saying "thanks! you too!" and keep it moving.

i get kinda offended like, what if i was jewish or muslim. i could be either y'know. or what if i don't believe in christmas? i know they mean well so i end up just saying "thanks! you too!" and keep it moving.

I have bigger things to worry about. People get polled on this issue all the time, people get upset when they're wished merry xmas and there are people who get upset when they're told 'happy holidays'. retailers waffle back and forth on the greetings. It changes from year to year

And if you have to start a sentence with the disclaimer "no offense, but... " you should probably just leave it out all together.

I have bigger things to worry about. People get polled on this issue all the time, people get upset when they're wished merry xmas and there are people who get upset when they're told 'happy holidays'. retailers waffle back and forth on the greetings. It changes from year to year

And if you have to start a sentence with the disclaimer "no offense, but... " you should probably just leave it out all together.

I don't say Merry Christmas to anyone I don't know. If they are bold enough to say it to me, I respond back. I don't know if they celebrate Christmas or not.

-J-

I don't say Merry Christmas to anyone I don't know. If they are bold enough to say it to me, I respond back. I don't know if they celebrate Christmas or not.

-J-

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

laugh.gif
 but what's offensive about that?
if someone wished me a Happy Hanukkah I wouldn't be offended.

It's just someone trying to be polite/nice... like you said keep it moving.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

laugh.gif
 but what's offensive about that?
if someone wished me a Happy Hanukkah I wouldn't be offended.

It's just someone trying to be polite/nice... like you said keep it moving.

Hopefully this isn't the same crowd that gets mad when one opens the door for someone and they don't say thank you.

Don't put to much thought into it. Just say "Happy Holidays" and keep it moving.

Hopefully this isn't the same crowd that gets mad when one opens the door for someone and they don't say thank you.

Don't put to much thought into it. Just say "Happy Holidays" and keep it moving.

You know whats even worse? People who ask stupid questions like "how are you?" or "how was your day?". I be like, trick you don't know me! Why would I divulge personal aspects of my life to a stranger?! People are so rude these days. And don't even get me started on people who hold doors open for me....

Back
Top Bottom