How do you get the money to buy your kicks?

So I'm relatively new to NT but been in the shoe game for about a year.. and I was just wondering..

I see some rediculous sneaker collections on here. How do you all get the money for your kicks? Just saving up money from work? How do you get all that money?Especially with the prices of sneaks these days.. (CDP's, spizikes, XX3's, etc)

Do you guys find some way to get discounts or good prices?

Just curious. Thanks.
roll.gif

work hard, save money...peoples sneaker collection didnt grow so big overnight remember that..

/thread

^^ Ya never pay retail, theres always the same pair under retail and over of course. 7am-4pm is how i get my babies on the feet.

I haven't paid retail for a pair of shoes in YEARS. The only shoes I ever had to pay retail for was Jordan's on RD, and I haven't picked up a pairof retro's in over a year and a half.

when i was younger mom and dad. when i got to college i was in sales. now that i'm older i actually work

I think it used to be easier years back...Not as many people were on it like that....I remember in Seattle, it seemed like once the summer of 2003 hit,EVERYBODY was calling themselves a "SneakerHead"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

For me it was just constantly searching...From around 02-06 i was buying atleast 2-3 pairs of shoes a month
smh.gif
smh.gif
....But mind you i was working fulltime andliving at home at the time....

Now its just working and saving when i can.....but i got most of what i wanted during that 4-5 year binge...now its just whenever i see something i like, and ican offord it

when I did have a collection, I put off alot of important things...like eating
roll.gif

but nah I have a job, right now i got a lil side hustle delivering pizza that %@!@ is on point. i never new pizza dudes made this much.

Originally Posted by maldonado

Originally Posted by yungmatt

My dad gives me the money whenever I ask him for it

that would explain some things..

What would that explain?
laugh.gif
My dad gives me money whenever I want and your jealous?? Cmon bruh dont be mad
laugh.gif

O yeah, I havent seen you since the Spurs Spanked your Nuggets
laugh.gif

i get the money from my parents, mainly my mom. i have around 80 pairs from the last 2 years

Originally Posted by Patmc13

I use my chickenhead's child support money...
I thought when you stepped out you aint have no decent shoes on yo feet, unless them new Jordans bout to come out....

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by Patmc13

I use my chickenhead's child support money...
I thought when you stepped out you aint have no decent shoes on yo feet, unless them new Jordans bout to come out....
laugh.gif

I don't have a collection per se. Was never into collecting. That means you'll never wear them. I buy what I like and wear them.

-Get a job
-Use gift cards so that I never pay retail. Retail is for suckers.
-When I'm at the mom and pop stores I talk them down. Try to get at least $20 off + no tax.
-My parents still buy me stuff like every once in a while so its not like I have to break open my piggy bank to get a pair of kicks.

All I want are the Hawaii's, Bred XVIs, Purple Foams, White/Red VC 2s, Garnett Flightposite 2s and Syracuse dunks and I am good.

Originally Posted by geminifly

I take them from my sister's boyfriends.

So I read through all the responses, some were kind of funny but this one definitely made me laugh the most
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom