How do you get the money to buy your kicks?

Originally Posted by skye

I see some rediculous sneaker collections on here. How do you all get the money for your kicks? Just saving up money from work? How do you get all that money? Especially with the prices of sneaks these days.. (CDP's, spizikes, XX3's, etc)

who cares about spiz'yikes?

yungmatt wrote:
My dad gives me the money whenever I ask him for it
niice
roll.gif
...if i did that my dad would give me a lecture like(filipino accent): why?...walmart okay...pootlocker no...you say you need por basketball...in the philippines we play with no shoes...you already have enoupshoes...look at me i hab the same shoes por 4 years...you every 4 minutes you buy shoes...you are making michael jordan and kobe bryant rich...you need to sabeyour money and pocus of school instead of buying shoes...jordan and kobe shoes will not help you pass math or english they dont eben pass the ball
roll.gif
when he said that i couldnt help but laugh toooooo funny...then i gotta job sothats how i buy my shoes

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

yungmatt wrote:
niice
roll.gif
...if i did that my dad would give me a lecture like (filipino accent): why?...walmart okay...pootlocker no...you say you need por basketball...in the philippines we play with no shoes...you already have enoup shoes...look at me i hab the same shoes por 4 years...you every 4 minutes you buy shoes...you are making michael jordan and kobe bryant rich...you need to sabe your money and pocus of school instead of buying shoes...jordan and kobe shoes will not help you pass math or english they dont eben pass the ball
roll.gif
when he said that i couldnt help but laugh toooooo funny...then i gotta job so thats how i buy my shoes
I heard the same thing from my parents.

In the end, you gotta admit, our parents are right.

yungmatt wrote:
niice
roll.gif
...if i did that my dad would give me a lecture like (filipino accent): why?...walmart okay...pootlocker no...you say you need por basketball...in the philippines we play with no shoes...you already have enoup shoes...look at me i hab the same shoes por 4 years...you every 4 minutes you buy shoes...you are making michael jordan and kobe bryant rich...you need to sabe your money and pocus of school instead of buying shoes...jordan and kobe shoes will not help you pass math or english they dont eben pass the ball
roll.gif
when he said that i couldnt help but laugh toooooo funny...then i gotta job so thats how i buy my shoes

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nah I was kidding.... Im 24 years young and havent seen or heard from my pops in like 10 years
roll.gif

I work just like most

Originally Posted by yungmatt

yungmatt wrote:
niice
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nah I was kidding.... Im 24 years young and havent seen or heard from my pops in like 10 years
roll.gif

I work just like most

oh
laugh.gif
...i couldnt keep a straight face when he said this to me...he kindagot mad when i did but it was too funny man
laugh.gif
...love my dad
pimp.gif
...he always finds ways to take a jab of my favorite players with him being awarrior fan...i remember one time he asked me where i can buy a bobby sura sig shoe
roll.gif

to all those who said "never pay retail"

how is that possible?

if you get em early, the price is high

i you get em late, the price is higher (damn resellers)

the cheapest i could ever get for a shoe was retail.

do you gotta just be lucky enough to know someone?

I have a lot of people that I can use their discounts, and definitely "connects".

Where I get my money?.. I can't say or I'll be in trouble.

when i have extra money i just go from spot to spot looking for deals. the spots around my way have good deals. the only shoe i would pay retail for is foams

I remember when I would save up to buy kicks, save up all that birthday cash for months just to get the pair I wanted. Now I can go and buy as many pairs as Iwant, but I don't even buy that many shoes any more.

wait for that perfect steal, you'll find it if you let it come to you. don't assume you'll hafta pay $300 just because someone else does.

Back
Top Bottom