How do you guys feel about prosecutors using rap lyrics in indictments?

People acting like a DA throws on random new albums to see who they wanna arrest that week :lol:

Thread is wild. Actors can't be investigated because they didn't do the stuff they are acting on in real life.

The issue is.. these guys did everything they rapped about and there is evidence of the doing.. what's hard to understand?

It's disingenuous to frame this as "prosecutors are charging rappers for their lyrics" as if lyrics are the only piece of evidence they have.

People acting like a DA throws on random new albums to see who they wanna arrest that week :lol:

Exactly. All they have to do is go on IG or maybe……… an actual CRIME SCENE which these idiots partook in and left all types of incriminating evidence. These dudes are committing REAL crimes and putting it in their lyrics…..

But we got cats in here talking about “lyrics and freedom of speech” :lol: :lol: :lol:

The prosecutors are just pulling s*** out the air according to some dudes. But again, these dudes is having shootouts, killing or positing every thing they do and saving it to their iCloud for all to see. Dudes are literally stupid. Again, young thug rented a car from HERTZ that was involved in a murder. He either got to snitch or take his charge

If you aren’t doing the crimes it doesn’t matter. The problem is when you rap about uzi’s and switches then they go to your house and find uzi’s and switches, hell yeah they’re using those lyrics against you. That’s a admission of guilt when they found exactly what you rapped about.

If you aren’t doing the crimes it doesn’t matter. The problem is when you rap about uzi’s and switches then they go to your house and find uzi’s and switches, hell yeah they’re using those lyrics against you. That’s a admission of guilt when they found exactly what you rapped about.

💯💯💯

In the situation I brought up in the original post, this crime syndicate was committing home invasions and car jackings and then lyrics detailing home invasions in robberies.

This group was basically just following Atlanta based athletes, musicians and celebrities on social media and seeing when they were posting that they were out of town. They would then rob the homes and steal the cars. Of course some of these prominent people weren't actually out of town and then they end up committing violent home invasions.

Last edited:
Funny as hell.

Couldn't tell if folks were serious but it kept being used.

NT is a funny place man.

If you committed a crime, you don't really have the right to get mad at HOW folks found out it happened.

I don't necessarily agree with this either. If you commit a crime and then the police brick on your door with no warrant, I still think that's wrong. I just don't have much sympathy for these idiots who commit crimes, rap about it and then cry about freedom of speech.

This is very different than illegal search and seizure

I don't necessarily agree with this either. If you commit a crime and then the police brick on your door with no warrant, I still think that's wrong. I just don't have much sympathy for these idiots who commit crimes, rap about it and then cry about freedom of speech.

This is very different than illegal search and seizure

I didn't say you can't be mad at how the police ARREST you.

I said you can't be mad at how someone else DISCOVERS the information.

Exactly. All they have to do is go on IG or maybe……… an actual CRIME SCENE which these idiots partook in and left all types of incriminating evidence. These dudes are committing REAL crimes and putting it in their lyrics…..

But we got cats in here talking about “lyrics and freedom of speech” :lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot of the people in this thread aren't arguing in good faith and they know dang well that there's a difference between Hollywood actors and what these criminals are doing.

There are literally people in this thread that believe I can confess to a murder on tape but as long as I have a beat in the background it's "art" 🤣

This is a weird debate where people are kind of debating law but not really.

Are people advocating for rappers to be able to say wherever they want on a record?

💯💯💯

In the situation I brought up in the original post, this crime syndicate was committing home invasions and car jackings and then lyrics detailing home invasions in robberies.

This group was basically just following Atlanta based athletes, musicians and celebrities on social media and seeing when they were posting that they were out of town. They would then rob the homes and steal the cars. Of course some of these prominent people weren't actually out of town and then they end up committing violent home invasions.

I saw this on the news earlier this week. It was really sandy springs pd that finally got these bozo’s off the street, from what I heard they figured out who their next target was and caught them in the act of the home invasion. It’s plenty of these groups that hang out around Phipps and Lenox all day looking for targets.

Are people advocating for rappers to be able to say wherever they want on a record?

I think there are people in this thread who genuinely believe this. Musicians should be able to say anything in a song as long as there is a melody behind it or it rhymes. People should be able to confess to murders as long as it's in the form of a poem and its "art".

"I killed John Smith @ 8am on Jackson Street, then I went and got something to eat. Then I passed the Glock to my boy Sammy who lives in Miami"

"Your honor, this is art and I'm just expressing myself. This should not be admissible" 🤣🤣🤣

I advocate for anybody to say whatever they want, whether it’s on record, social media or vocally. However, if your speech aligns with real life illegal/criminal activity then you get what you deserve. Since when did we start rewarding stupidity. If you wanna be a criminal that’s on you, but if you feel the need to tell the world you’re committing real crimes what do you expect to happen?

This is crazy.

Cant believe what I'm reading :lol:

popcorn-gif-8.gif

It's art. Art is entertainment and some if not of that "entertainment" is imagination.

No rappers nor should any other musicians be indicted for their lyrics. What if they didn't even write the song?

It's art. Art is entertainment and some if not of that "entertainment" is imagination.

No rappers nor should any other musicians be indicted for their lyrics. What if they didn't even write the song?
so NOTHING is off limits to you?

You can use that rationale for literally any piece of evidence.

"The cops shouldn't be able to use this text message as evidence. What if they didn't send it at all?"

"Cops shouldn't be able to use this blood evidence. What if they didn't drop the blood there at all?"

Back
Top Bottom