How do you keep your clothes looking fresh?

It seems like I can't go more than a year without my clothes starting to look worn down. It doesn't matter what quality/brand of clothing I buy it just won't last. Am I washing them wrong? Too often? My Polos', for example, get all "linty" and my jeans seem to fade. I try to wash the same types of clothing together, but I learned that's not always best. Washed all my sweaters together and it was a big lint ball mess. How do y'all wash your clothes and keep them fresh (shoes too)?

Don't wash after every wear. Unless it's dirty or smells.

Take some of your garments to the cleaners occasionally.

Sweaters go to the cleaners, never in the washer. (IMO)

Jeans don't need to be washed often, unless dirty/smelly.

Cold water if you're washing t-shirts.

You could even take a Polo to the cleaners if you wanted.

Last edited:

/

you prob wear the same clothes all the time. you need a big rotation especially if washing after every wear.

you prob wear the same clothes all the time. you need a big rotation especially if washing after every wear.
Somewhat guilty of this, and it's not because I don't have many clothes. I'm extremely lazy and just keep pulling off the top. Then I wash those, put them away, and pull from the top again.

I am also guilty of washing too much. I don't get how people don't wash their jeans after each wear, though. They look unclean to me. Not because of dirt but because of "wrinkles" and such. I know jeans don't really wrinkle like a shirt but I'm trying to figure out how to describe what I mean, lol. 

How often do you wash each type of clothing?

Last edited:
I use woolite for my dark colored tshirts, hang dry all my shirts and polos. My more expensive dress shirts/ polos/ sweaters I take to the cleaners. Also I try to keep a big rotation on my clothes so they don't fade quickly. Even some of my favorite tees I buy 2 of especially if I know the shirt isn't coming back out.

And to think I go 18 months before washing my jeans once:lol: but other than t shirts and other basic stuff. I take almost everything to the cleaners. The more i take, the more of a discount my local guy gives me.

And to think I go 18 months before washing my jeans once:lol: but other than t shirts and other basic stuff. I take almost everything to the cleaners. The more i take, the more of a discount my local guy gives me.
They don't "stretch"? I don't wear skinny jeans by any means, more like straight cut, but they feel new and tight coming out of the wash. I guess I can start trying to iron them instead...

* Turn inside out (shirts, sweaters, denim, etc.)

* Hang to dry. (Dryer's will wear the cotton or what ever fabric out super quick over time)

* Washing on cold water won't set stains.

Cold water and Woolite dark, and tumble dry or low heat. Clorox 2 or Cheer 4 Colors are also acceptable. I wash my jeans after almost every wear and my indigos and blacks are still dark as when I first got them. I wear Rocawear, LRG, and Levis mostly and they seem to hold their color well so I don't know how much of it is the brand

Last edited:

over washing is the #1 culprit in making clothes dingy, hot water is #2 and if at all possible avoid the dryer.

Send your **** out to a wash and fold place, have em do it professionally, pay by the pound....clothes are perfect and crisp everytime and no ironing needed

Beats the $ im gonna inevitably spend on new clothes after wearing the old ones up in the dryer, or the effort and time it takes to properly hang and then iron clothes if choosing to not use the dryer

Wash and fold for two years now and I never looked back......all my polo is crisp as the first day copped :pimp:

Wear once and throw away. Do you wear a condom twice?
Do I wear one once? So I can feel 50% less? I don't think so... 
grin.gif

Last edited:

This

I would like to add, hang your clothes up after wear.

Last edited:
Clothes don't get a stench when air drying? Seems like they would...

depends if you washing machine needs a cleaning. If you keep the washing machine clean clothes shouldn't have a stench after washing.

- read the labels on each item to see whats the best way to wash them
- wash tshirts and jeans inside out
- check the temp on the dryer some clothes only need to be tumble dried or delicate dry
- hang dry black shirts so they don't look faded

I was reading somewhere you can wear jeans up to 4-5 days before needing to be washed.

Also, jeans don't need to be washed after every wear... If they "loosen" up
You can throw em in the dryer for a bit...

My mom washes some of my clothes :lol: because I don't trust myself with them
( I just wash socks, undies, ball shorts and stuff that doesn't really matter)

Back
Top Bottom