How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

i dont get why brit would specifically ask for that episode

cant wait for the newer episodes, though

the episode about the mom was one the best of the whole series so far

JLH would've been great. :lol: @ Ghost Whisperer. She would've been great as the mother too. Worked out well with Cobie though.

I feel like mother is dead at the end when he finishes the story

They filmed the last scene years ago so the kids aging won't be weird and at the time no one was cast as the mom yet

I thought I remember the writers saying that it was gonna end on a happy note? It'd kind of suck for Ted to waste a decade trying to find his wife and then she dies while their kids are only teenagers. I know it's "reality" but I'd just feel bad for the character. Anyway, I can see him telling the story while waiting for the mother to come home with another baby or something.

I thought I remember the writers saying that it was gonna end on a happy note? It'd kind of suck for Ted to waste a decade trying to find his wife and then she dies while their kids are only teenagers. I know it's "reality" but I'd just feel bad for the character. Anyway, I can see him telling the story while waiting for the mother to come home with another baby or something.
All the **** he's pulled, I dislike Ted the most on this show. I wouldn't mind a bad ending for him.

All the **** he's pulled, I dislike Ted the most on this show. I wouldn't mind a bad ending for him.

That's pretty cold, dude lol

Last edited:

That's pretty cold, dude lol
:lol: What can I say, I see this show the same way Barney sees the Karate Kid.

After all I've invested, I'd be livid if Ted's ending is depressing...no matter how much he's pissed me off :lol:

So there are 8 episodes left? I thought they were finished at the end of March?

Yea, new tonight.

How I Met Your Mother | CBS, 8 ET/PT

The world's longest wedding weekend moves one step closer to completion, as HIMYM reaches the morning of Barney and Robin's ceremony. And a rough morning it is: Barney is severely hung over, and the gang has to scramble to cure him.

So a couple Monday's with two episodes I guess, Proph?

Last edited:
I don't think the mom died. Remember the episode where Ted's father just told him that he met his mother one random night at a random bar and that was it. And Ted vowed to tell the whole story, every single detail, of how he met the mother. I think thats the reason why Ted is telling the story, not because its a remembrance thing.

The mother dying would be such a middle finger to the fans of the show.

ESPECIALLY after we've met her and gotten to know her, killing her off would be weak.

Well the last couple seasons have been a pretty big middle finger to me, so I wouldn't be shocked if that was their plan :lol:

ESPECIALLY after we've met her and gotten to know her, killing her off would be weak.

Not really. Looking back, it seems like Ted was reminiscing with the kids about his wife the whole series.

Ehh, I've actually watched this show since the very first episode aired after king of queens...consider myself a real fan of the show...And to be honest, it could work if they do it effectively.

Last edited:
Wasn't there an ep where when they show the kids as Bob Saget talks to them where you hear the mother interrupt and call them for dinner or something?

I don't really want the end to be Ted wrapping up the story and then the mom walks in and they go off somewhere as a family.

I think this is where a lot of people got the feeling she might be dead:

Back
Top Bottom